How do you use your Edge Panel?

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Especially with several new panels just having been put out, I am just curious how everyone uses their Edge Panel - which panels do you use and all? Here's my setup:

Apps Edge - apps I want quick access to from whatever I am doing on my phone; apps like Contacts, Clock (for alarms), SplashID, Dictionary dot com app, etc.

My Places - apps I want quick access to when I am at certain places and out and about; home has bookmarks and timer; out and about has nearby places, my location, Google Maps, and Beep'nGo; the mall includes the Auntie Anne's Pretzels rewards card app; Dunkin' Donuts locations I frequent have the DD rewards card app; etc. (I also have the Beep'nGo app set to remind me to use my rewards cards stored in it when I am at those stores, but that has nothing to do with the Edge Panel besides that I also added the app to said places in My Places.)

Multi-Window - apps that open small over whatever you're doing (after they open, you can also choose to further minimize them to a floating icon like Facebook Messenger pops up as or to maximize them), so I have handy apps like Calcu (calculator app), Fraction (calculator that works with fractions), Phone, Messages, etc.

Color Note - memos

Wunderlist - I already used Wunderlist as my to-do app, so it was nice seeing a panel for the Wunderlist widget

Chrome Bookmarks - I normally use the Samsung Browser on my S7 Edge, but on my iPad use Chrome and have a lot of bookmarks on there, so quick access to them on my phone is handy

Widget Edge - got this more for amusement than necessity, so have the photo slideshow widget, wake-up alarm widget, voicemail icon, Google Maps Driving icon, and Beep'nGo widget on it

People Edge - five close family members. I thought my brother could join OnCircle because his S6 Edge has People Edge, but it doesn't have that option, which makes OnCircle pointless because nob else has an Edge - three iPhone users and one older Note user

Edge RSS - for Android Central's RSS feed.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've never found much use for it yet. Places and the compass would be too much of a battery hog, and everything else I need is on my home screen.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I use app edge for weather, memo, calculator, maps & screen off button and the people edge I use but wish that I could add more than only 5 contacts (large family!)

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I find the people edge very useful so I have that and just one other panel with apps that I use frequently but don't want on my homescreen like calculator and such. Once you get used to using it can be very functional.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
As a person who uses the TouchWiz Launcher, I'm limited to only the five spaces on the dock. The apps edge gives me the ability to add a bunch more apps for easy access , as many as I would have with three or four docks on Nova Launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I occasionally use the contacts edge panel and the shortcuts panel for pulling up the calculator or alarms. Other than that I haven't really used it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the people's one and also the shortcuts. This way I can get to hotspot pretty quick... Since T-Mobile decided to remove it form the quick toggles at the top :/

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I turned it off as I didn't find it that useful and it seemed to have an impact on battery life. I do use the edge night clock, though.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Everything disabled. It's a gimmick to me with not enough pixels around the edge to be truly useful.

Looks cool though and I'm happy with that.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I use it all the time. I do appreciate edge people weather calendar. If they would support ncaa with would work awesome!! I rarely use my app drawer

Posted via the Android Central App