Really impressed! Note 3 N9005 to S7 Edge

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've bought myself an S7 Edge today in Onyx Black

It's a stunning phone and I'm uber impressed with it already!!!

I'm due to receive a Nexus 6P tomorrow as well; but I'll be selling that straight on as the Edge just suits my requirements to a tee; plus with its expandable storage; I can have a lot of my music on there (via iSyncr from my iTunes account) without worrying about what storage I'll have left etc...

Don't get me wrong; the Note 3 is still a decent phone; but it's stuck on Lollipop 5.0 here in the UK and won't be getting any further updates :(

I've sold it though, so that person can root it if they want etc...

I've gone through a few phones already this year (iPhone 6 Plus and 6S Plus, Note 5 920CD, Nexus 6P); but this is my first Edge mobile and I'm really liking it so far

Very premium feel and build and with a superb screen! It's lightning fast as well.

It's not that much smaller than the Note 3 really; losing a little in the screens width, but only a fraction of the screen length! I rarely use/used the S-Pen, so won't miss that too much

I've swapped everything over today from the Note 3 to my S7 Edge; just waiting for screen protectors and cases to land with me tomorrow from Amazon UK before I start to use the phone properly! Until then, it ain't leaving my desktop ;)

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
It really is a brilliant phone, what is your opinion on it compared to the Note 5? as we didn't get the note 5 here in the UK I haven't had a chance to play with one, but I did have the S7 edge. I was curious if you noticed any major difference between the two?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I got my Note 5 via iMobile_UK on eBay; easy to source etc :)

Loved the Note 5 but I wanted to faff with a few other phones, so sold it on and regretted it in all honesty!

But, I'm going to go back on what I've said before now; the S7 Edge isn't for me :(

It's an amazing phone, great piece of hardware. But I've gone through a load of screen protectors today and they were all crap; add a case on top (Otterbox, Spigen etc) and they were even more useless as they just lifted all the time!!! That's both film and tempered glass screen protectors!

I'm really disappointed that the market hasn't catered for the S7 Edge well enough and theres no way I'd ever go out & about with my S7 Edge without a screen protector on!

So; back to a Nexus 6P!

Dammit lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2