I went to pick my phone up from the table and it slipped out of my hand and fell back on the table a fall of about 3 inches and the back has smashed I have a Samsung s7 edge
    05-17-2016 01:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's unfortunate. Do you have a question? If the phone is still working normally, then you can just bear with the poor esthetics, or get a good case.
    05-17-2016 02:40 PM
    Since just the back has been smashed, you can use an opaque case to cover the damage. Or if it really bothers you, send it to Samsung for repair
    05-17-2016 02:46 PM
    I really do like this phone, but I have to admit it's unforgivably slippery, and more fragile than probably any other phone. I never used a case on any of my other phones, but this one needs one if for no other reason than to give it some grip.

On a positive note, replacing the back glass doesn't seem to be too expensive. If it were me, I'd just put a skin on it, or put it in a case.
    05-17-2016 08:40 PM
    Three inches? Seriously have to doubt that. Unless the phone already had a small crack to begin with. Even a relatively fragile vase won't break witj 3 inches. The phone itself is taller than three inches.

The only way this could have happened is there was already a crack you didn't notice. Then yeah, a 3 inch fall on a hard surface may do it. If the fall hits the preexisting crack correctly.
    05-17-2016 09:45 PM
    Just speculating, but the back could have fallen on the edge or corner of the table, thereby concentrating the force in a smaller area of the glass.
    05-17-2016 10:13 PM
    Just speculating, but the back could have fallen on the edge or corner of the table, thereby concentrating the force in a smaller area of the glass.
    But it's just three inches. Even if it's edge or corner. Considering the weight of the phone and the height, there won't be enough force to break glass. Even regular glass. And we're talking about 'slightly' strengthened glass. The only way this could have happened is if there was already a crack where the phone hit. Even if it was a small crack, less than 1mm in length, but if it spanned the thickness of the glass, then perhaps.
    05-17-2016 11:03 PM