I thought maybe there would be an easy way to set this but I haven't found it.

Would like to set the default mode to Pro so I don't have to constantly change it.
    05-18-2016 08:00 AM
    Look in Settings. If it can be changed, it'll be in there.
    05-18-2016 05:01 PM
    Thanks, the Settings menu is usually my first stop, I wouldn't have asked if it was an easy find.
    05-18-2016 07:15 PM
    You can also set shortcuts on your home screen so it can open different modes by going to Mode/ More, select the mode you want then add shortcut to home screen.
    KPMcClave and edubb256 like this.
    05-19-2016 05:03 AM
    Got that.

Rephrase - when I double click the home button I would like the camera to open in Pro Mode.
    05-19-2016 06:50 AM
    Got that.

Rephrase - when I double click the home button I would like the camera to open in Pro Mode.
    When I double click the home button it opens in the last mode used for me.
    05-19-2016 07:12 AM
    When I double click the home button it opens in the last mode used for me.
    I use Pro Mode 100% of the time. So sometimes it opens in Pro Mode but sometimes it reverts back to the default mode.
    05-19-2016 07:22 AM
    I use Pro Mode 100% of the time. So sometimes it opens in Pro Mode but sometimes it reverts back to the default mode.
    There is no other was as far as I know.
    05-19-2016 07:26 AM
    A pro would leave it in auto mode so it's ready to shoot fast and get the shot. They would only set manual parameters to meet a specific need. Conditions change. Do you really want every shot in dng format--big files.
    Bag of Leaves likes this.
    05-19-2016 08:40 PM
    A pro would leave it in auto mode so it's ready to shoot fast and get the shot. They would only set manual parameters to meet a specific need. Conditions change. Do you really want every shot in dng format--big files.
    Yes, in general I agree. An exception might be if you are in a situation where conditions are not changing and want to take a lot of shots over a several hour period (and for some reason pro mode is better in that situation). That said, given the limitations of camera's sensor, lens, and limitations in pro mode (e.g, no HDR) , I can't say I've found situations where pro mode is actually better than auto.
    05-19-2016 10:40 PM
    In less than optimal lighting conditions, pro mode is a great improvement over auto. For one thing, editing white balance and other basic things like exposure and contrast are much easier.
    05-19-2016 11:31 PM
    Let's not overlook the black hole in the S7's camera over, say, the S5: ability to change white balance on HDR. Even in third party apps when you select a specific white balance and turn on HDR it's auto white balance. Then they make it sound like they're doing you a favor by letting you change white balance in Pro Mode. The reality is auto white balance is awful most of the time, and Pro Mode should be called silhouette mode because you get no balance between foreground and background. The HDR is brilliant but they've ruined it by not wanting an extra button on the interface.
    08-15-2016 01:38 PM