Different colored email profile icons in Gmail app

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been wondering about the different email account icons in the Gmail app. I have three Gmail accounts set up: two have yellow icons and one is red (see picture). Obviously, this isn't a big deal; it's more about satisfying my curiosity. I couldn't find any information about how icon colors are selected or anything that's similar in my search and figured I'd ask here in case anyone has stumbled across this before.PicsArt_05-21-11.13.39.jpg

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Mine are all the same and I couldn't figure it out so I just went in and changed them to pictures.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lacey_Underalls

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking about that, too, bsteppuhn...mainly because having three separate accounts with only two different colors is messing with my OCD, LOL.

Update: I added profile pictures to all three accounts yesterday, which show on my computer and when using Chrome on my phone; however, they have not replaced the red and yellow circle icons in the Gmail app. I tried clearing the cache for the app, restarting the phone, and force syncing the accounts with no results. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Nolod

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I've been wondering about the different email account icons in the Gmail app. I have three Gmail accounts set up: two have yellow icons and one is red (see picture). Obviously, this isn't a big deal; it's more about satisfying my curiosity. I couldn't find any information about how icon colors are selected or anything that's similar in my search and figured I'd ask here in case anyone has stumbled across this before.View attachment 228169

Nolod

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Same issue. I added pics to all three accounts. One shows the picture in the gmail app for one of them but not the other two. So apparently it's possible but no idea why it won't work for the other two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12