The screen on my Galaxy S7 Edge randomly decided to black out yesterday and after multiple attempts to reboot the phone, it's still completely blacked out. I took it in to At&t and they said they were unable to anything and ordered me a replacement (claiming that they did not carry any S7 Edge phones in the store because it was "too new" despite the fact that I purchased my phone in store two months ago). So, my question is, does anyone know of any way I can recover my data from this phone? I tried plugging it into my computer to retrieve files, but apparently USB Debugging mode isn't on. I also tried booting into recovery mode, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've looked into using Wondershare Dr. Fone, but it doesn't seem to support the S7. I've even tried getting into my Chromecast app so that I could at least see my screen and try to get my phone into USB Debugging mode that way, but as I'm navigating blindly, I'm not having much success. I'd be extremely appreciative of any ideas!
    05-22-2016 10:26 AM
    I would try to mirror the screen on an HDTV with an OTC to HDMI connector. Try this article below.

How To Unlock Android Device With Dead Screen
    05-22-2016 10:47 AM
    USB debugging isn't necessary to let your PC recognize your phone.

Go to the Samsung website and download the PC drivers for your PC/Mac.

Once installed, reboot the PC/Mac and then plug your S7E into your computer.

At that point, you should be able to see your S7E as a media storage device (from your computer), and then you can pull off pictures, documents, music, videos..etc.
    05-22-2016 10:47 AM