Hi folks,

My daughter comes in this morning and says her security PIN won't work on her S7 Edge (Verizon.) She said it worked this morning, then it suddenly stopped working. She tried enough to lock it for 60 minutes. She can get into the phone, however, since her fingerprints still work. But as you know, you can't change anything with the fingerprint, you have to have the PIN (seriously, do they think your finger might be cut off to access your phone???)

So - she's in the phone, can do everything except reset the PIN. Is there anything we can do that doesn't involve a reset? This just seems like a really bad security design, but that's obviously because I can't get into it
    05-22-2016 11:13 AM
    Hi

Login to Android Device Manager, Or Samsung's Find My Mobile, (if you had set this up). And you can reset lock code through the web version of either of them.

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...3D0&authuser=0

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Android device manager's login would be your Google Account Login Information.
    xocomaox likes this.
    05-28-2016 08:20 AM
    This is only resetting lock screen code temporarily (which the fingerprint still works to do that!) but it does not reset the security pin that you need for every thing else on your phone and need to still try to remember. Just got locked out for another 60 minutes.
    09-17-2016 02:06 AM
    this just happened to me. i changed pin to stop wife from looking at my phone because i was surprising her for her bday and i instlaled an update. when it rebooted, it wouldnt take my fingerprint and asked for pin.

had to reset to factory
    11-03-2016 08:11 AM
    Hi there recently i had the same problem
    Jus go to settings>application manager>samsumg pay>storage>clear data
    Hope this helps
    04-01-2017 03:00 AM
    I found a better solution. After putting in the wrong PIN 20 times Samsung pay reset the app to default and removed everything. All I had to do was set it back up just like the first day. It did remove all the cards but they were available to activate. Just need the ccv to reinstall. I was about ready to give up because I was not going to reset my phone. Hope this helps as well because I could not find any other way besides reset.
    07-23-2017 07:32 AM
    Pandian
    02-16-2018 03:05 PM