Misaligned front Camera for Galaxy S7 Edge?

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Judging by your picture I don't think it is too different to mine. I was playing with S7's at various stores for about a month before I bought one and did notice on a fair few that the front camera was slightly out of center.

Yeah I saw a few aligned ones and a few misaligned ones as well.
I guess this must be within their tolerance levels as you mentioned.

Could you share a picture of your device to have a better look at it?

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Could you share a picture if possible?
Are you talking about the black rim or the lens of the front camera?

the lens is slightly over to the right of the rim but not enough to bother me and 95% of people probably wouldn't even notice. Unfortunately cant share a picture tonight.

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I just checked mine after this thread and it seems centered for mine...I mean its just a litttttllllllllleeee bit off but not enough to make a noticeable difference

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
the lens is slightly over to the right of the rim but not enough to bother me and 95% of people probably wouldn't even notice. Unfortunately cant share a picture tonight.
Mine too, is a lot over the right, but as long as it works fine there is no problem.

mitul_mehta

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Is mine fine?
fdb85e14d8f291989b84bfb4ebdf6fbb.jpg

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
IMG-20160523-WA00001.jpg

After having gone through several pictures and inspected several phones I saw that the lens in every phone defers, some are in the center while some on the left or right so it is normal.

I think the misalignment in my scenario which could be a defect, not sure though is the position of the front camera module itself.
As in the picture you can notice that the black rim around the camera module is not even, its broader at the bottom compared to be minimal at the top.

The annoying part is once you notice it, it keeps bugging you :/
Does anyone have it like this?

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It looks uniform from what I can see but like I have stated my front camera works perfectly so I don't really give it a second thought or worry about it at all

Hi Thanks a lot for the reply.
As I mentioned the misalignment in my case is that the black rim is not uniform hence the position of the camera module that includes the grey part with the camera lens is not proper.

Which in most of the other pictures shared here seems to be even.

So I am confused at this moment and don't know what to do.

jazz70

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi Thanks a lot for the reply.
As I mentioned the misalignment in my case is that the black rim is not uniform hence the position of the camera module that includes the grey part with the camera lens is not proper.

Which in most of the other pictures shared here seems to be even.

So I am confused at this moment and don't know what to do.

imho your choices are to continue to use the phone with the front camera that works perfectly and learn to live with the slightly off center lens or pay someone money to crack open your phone and try to perfectly align the lens

I know what choice I would make but how and what anyone is willing to spend money on is their personal choice :cool:

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
imho your choices are to continue to use the phone with the front camera that works perfectly and learn to live with the slightly off center lens or pay someone money to crack open your phone and try to perfectly align the lens

I know what choice I would make but how and what anyone is willing to spend money on is their personal choice :cool:

Hahah that is very well said, I guess I'll choose the first part!
Having a misaligned phone is better than opening up a brand new device and inviting further complications and problems.
And at last nothing is worth sacrificing the IP68!

Thanks a ton for your assistance!

JovHok

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Hahah that is very well said, I guess I'll choose the first part!
Having a misaligned phone is better than opening up a brand new device and inviting further complications and problems.
And at last nothing is worth sacrificing the IP68!

Thanks a ton for your assistance!
Bro, You read my story and you will know why you shouldn't go for repair.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca