Misaligned front Camera for Galaxy S7 Edge?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
That story is not really a good indicator as representative of all Samsung service centers. It's only for that particular company that handles repairs in your area. I've had experience with having Samsung replace screens (my brother broke his S3 screen twice) and had them repaired within 3 days hassle free.

My story goes like my brother came home with a broken screen on his S3 because he dropped it on pavement. I went to our carrier who gave us a warranty certificate to present to Samsung. We went to the Samsung Concept Store in the mall (Yes my country has physical Samsung stores). The phone was useable despite the broken screen though, so they gave us the option to take it home while they spend for the screen replacement. They texted us when it arrived so we went there and gave them the phone. We were told to return in 3 days. And poof the screen was fixed.

Notice the huge difference in service quality? Because the franchise company is different for every country, and in some cases every carrier.

So unless you and the OP are in the same country, your story really isn't something I'd put weight on.

JovHok

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
That story is not really a good indicator as representative of all Samsung service centers. It's only for that particular company that handles repairs in your area. I've had experience with having Samsung replace screens (my brother broke his S3 screen twice) and had them repaired within 3 days hassle free.

My story goes like my brother came home with a broken screen on his S3 because he dropped it on pavement. I went to our carrier who gave us a warranty certificate to present to Samsung. We went to the Samsung Concept Store in the mall (Yes my country has physical Samsung stores). The phone was useable despite the broken screen though, so they gave us the option to take it home while they spend for the screen replacement. They texted us when it arrived so we went there and gave them the phone. We were told to return in 3 days. And poof the screen was fixed.

Notice the huge difference in service quality? Because the franchise company is different for every country, and in some cases every carrier.

So unless you and the OP are in the same country, your story really isn't something I'd put weight on.
3 days? I got the screen replaced in 2 hrs. I think you haven't understood my story thoroughly. I'm sorry if my words gave you a chance to misinterpret.

Ultimately what they are doing is business. So as I mentioned in the post they were acting irresponsible only from the moment they had to approve me a replacement. Because it may affect their sales numbers if they started giving replacement like this(at least according to them).

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
3 days? I got the screen replaced in 2 hrs. I think you haven't understood my story thoroughly. I'm sorry if my words gave you a chance to misinterpret.

Ultimately what they are doing is business. So as I mentioned in the post they were acting irresponsible only from the moment they had to approve me a replacement. Because it may affect their sales numbers if they started giving replacement like this(at least according to them).
It was 3 days lol because the line for repair was pretty long. People here tend to keep their phones and have it repaired. We still have our old 6 or 7 year old Galaxies and had it repaired when needed. The guy in front of me was having a Galaxy S repaired. Lol. Plus they told me that they will be testing it by keeping it on for a day stuff.

At that point I didn't mind the 3 days. Plus in your case, you already went through a lot of complaints, so yeah they'll probably do it immediately.

JovHok

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
It was 3 days lol because the line for repair was pretty long. People here tend to keep their phones and have it repaired. We still have our old 6 or 7 year old Galaxies and had it repaired when needed. The guy in front of me was having a Galaxy S repaired. Lol. Plus they told me that they will be testing it by keeping it on for a day stuff.

At that point I didn't mind the 3 days. Plus in your case, you already went through a lot of complaints, so yeah they'll probably do it immediately.
Nope. 2 hours is the standard time for anyone. Their's so called 'Express Service' irrespective of the warranty.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Samsung should take some responsibility and fire the robot that places the camera on the board or the robot that places the board over the screen with the camera module in it. Either way these mass produced devices on the assembly line should not have an extremely small mistake that does not affect performance what so ever. Furthermore. I am amazed that the human and or robot quality control inspector did not catch such an obvious mistake in manufacturing and assembling. We pay good money for our phones and demand perfection. I am outraged.

Good day to you sir.

LOL ok sorry had to get that off my chest. I guess if you want perfection theres a fruit phone for sale. :) he he he..
So to make this relevant, does it really bother you that much? I mean come on, these forums are full of people who have real problems with their phones. If your complaining about a ever so slightly mis aligned camera lens that doesnt affect usage then i guess you should consider your self lucky.
Thats something you have to almost use a magnifying glass look at.

Jamie1997

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. My frontcamera from my Galaxy s7 is totaly misaligned... https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6D9AC2C1896B79C7!1195&authkey=!AJUddNDnVQPVmUM&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Last edited:

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Samsung should take some responsibility and fire the robot that places the camera on the board or the robot that places the board over the screen with the camera module in it. Either way these mass produced devices on the assembly line should not have an extremely small mistake that does not affect performance what so ever. Furthermore. I am amazed that the human and or robot quality control inspector did not catch such an obvious mistake in manufacturing and assembling. We pay good money for our phones and demand perfection. I am outraged.

Good day to you sir.

LOL ok sorry had to get that off my chest. I guess if you want perfection theres a fruit phone for sale. :) he he he..
So to make this relevant, does it really bother you that much? I mean come on, these forums are full of people who have real problems with their phones. If your complaining about a ever so slightly mis aligned camera lens that doesnt affect usage then i guess you should consider your self lucky.
Thats something you have to almost use a magnifying glass look at.

Hahaha that was a very well explanation.
I understand what you're trying to say and I agree with you.

It is just that once we notice a flaw in something,we cannot overlook it and it keeps bothering us.
Moreover in my scenario the module is a little misaligned.
It is very visible in direct sunlight thats how I noticed it first.

I visited a service center who said they could open it and re align it but my phone being 2 months old , I didnt want to risk opening it up and causing further issues related to the waterproofing or any other complication.

I just wanted to know if there was anyone who had a device like me, but haven't found anyone as yet?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think you made a wise decision. Now if it was an iPhone i might have had it repaired. Reason - iPhones are still designed to be taken apart / modular. Where as these past few generations of HTC and Samsungs are held together by lots of adhesive making it a lot more difficult to tear apart.
Hopefully the more you use your phone the more you will get used to the off center front camera.

Android104

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I think you made a wise decision. Now if it was an iPhone i might have had it repaired. Reason - iPhones are still designed to be taken apart / modular. Where as these past few generations of HTC and Samsungs are held together by lots of adhesive making it a lot more difficult to tear apart.
Hopefully the more you use your phone the more you will get used to the off center front camera.

I think my phone is normal after all.
Having gone through many pictures, many front module cameras are misaligned and you can see an ugly gap as shown in these pictures

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 10.13.37 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-14 at 10.13.59 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-14 at 10.14.35 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-14 at 10.21.41 PM.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon