Problems with Telstra S7 Edge Phones

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
The last few days I have been having major trouble with my phone. I went to Telstra today to ask them to replace the phone but they discovered while I was in there that there was something in the Telstra software that wasn't meant to be there that was ten years old. They switched it off for me and so far my phone feels like it's working normally. They also turned off VoLTE.

Just a heads up for anyone on the Telstra network in Australia that if your phone reads that VoLTE is enabled to go into your Telstra store because it is not meant to be running on the Australian devices. My phone now reads 4G

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Can you turn off volte without going to the store?

I have no idea. They called up Samsung when I was in the store and asked them what the screen meant that I was getting about registration info. It sounds like it's something that is actually embedded into their software. I would recommend people actually go to Telstra rather than figure it out for themselves. I had SOOOOO many issues before this was discovered when I went into the store to get a replacement device. Telstra was told by a Samsung representative that they have been getting a lot of phone calls from Telstra customers over the incompatible software

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
These were the problems I had with the device before I took it in today:

"This phone is having so many issues. Screen picture shaking when I put my finger on the screen playing Sims Freeplay. Random things opening even though I didn't tap on them. Keyboard adding letters that I didn't select. Phone not recognizing sometimes when I press on something and I have to do it multiple times. So I called Telstra. I described the problem to them and they told me because I've had the phone for less than 30 days that as long as there is no physical damage or liquid damage that I can take it into my local store and they will look at it and I will either get a brand new phone swapped or they will send it out to be repaired. My keyboard is mucking up now. It's adding letters and not recognising when I touch the screen to input something. I went to texting and instead it opened the camera app"

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector? Another user here said that he used a cheap one and it was registering like multiple touches on one swipe causing his phone to go haywire. He removed thr protector and no more ghost touches.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector? Another user here said that he used a cheap one and it was registering like multiple touches on one swipe causing his phone to go haywire. He removed thr protector and no more ghost touches.

No I don't but thanks for the advice. Unbelievably since they turned off volte I haven't had any issues with my phone other than the shaking game screen but I put that to maybe the game can't function properly with the edges. I asked the technician if the software that was activated that shouldn't be was the cause of my problems. He said it could be but he couldn't be for sure

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
So my phone works better on Touchwiz and I'm still having issues with the phone on Nova. I'm starting to think Nova is the problem. I'm gonna keep my phone on Touchwiz for a week and see what happens. It was still opening random apps on Nova -_-