09-17-2017 04:36 PM
29 12
tools
    I figured it out, it was my glimpse notification app. Thanks for the help everyone!
    Just saw this. As the author of that app I would like to add that this is an issue only if you use any of Glimpse's locking features. The fingerprint sensor works fine if you don't let Glimpse (or any other app) lock the phone, because there is no such method in Android that would keep the Fingerprint sensor (or any other Smartlocks) working. Unfortunately this is intended Android behavior, they want this call to lock the phone as tightly as possible.

Edit: I'm not allowed to post links, see this Android issue: h t t p s: / / code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79735

2nd Edit: original post has been approved, so you now have it twice :-) - sorry for the spam
    06-17-2016 03:44 PM
    I could only ever get mine to be consistent if I scanned my right thumb as the 4 fingerprints. I've to use the pin for the other hand or if it's on the desk.
    06-17-2016 03:47 PM
    I find the fingerprint sensor on the S7E much more finicky than the one on my iPhone 6S Plus or my work iPhone 6. Those things almost always register my fingerprint the first time to unlock. The S7E frequently needs me to wipe the button and try again. Sometimes no matter what I do, it refuses to accept it. (And yes, I registered only two fingers multiple times to make it more forgiving.)

Maybe that's a good thing...not sure...but it is aggravating.
    I've the exact same problem. The fingerprint on my S7 edge won't unlock my phone. I tried everything i.e soft restart, removing cache, removing fingerprints then rescanned, even scanned only one finger 4times, finally a factory rest.
    None of these options worked completely. It only worked for couples of hours or a day
    09-17-2017 03:37 PM
    I am so annoyed since the phone is still under warranty (brand new) yet giving problems, so as suggested by the Samsung customer online chat support team, I took the phone to Penrith NSW service desk. They booked it for repair but after I took my phone back, I quickly realised the problem remains so when I took the phone back to them, the lady started arguing that it's because "my fingerprints on my fingers are too smooth???" I got feorious. Instead of finding out what the issue is with a 1000+$$ Mobile, the only lame illiterate excuse she could come up was this to help me. What a joke!!!
    Anyways the reason for my post is to know if someone else in on the same boat as me? If so please help and guide me. Share your experience and what came out of this battle? I wanna know what options do I have from Samsung on this issue?? Thanks
    09-17-2017 04:36 PM
29 12