iPhone 6s Plus to S7 Edge?

uproar

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I just wanted your opinion about this doubt I have.

Me: been on iOS and Android for years, recently bought a 6s Plus. After 4 years on Android (S3 and Xperia). I'm a big screen guy, so untile iPhone 6 Plus was launched, Android was my only choice.

I went back with Apple for two reasons: privacy and music. Privacy, because I think Apple is tighter with user data compared to Google, and music because, well, I think an iPhone works just better for music.

Example: when I was on Android, the main struggle was to find headphones with volume control that could work, something that on a iPhone works easily and like a charm.

Now, I really like the S7 Edge and I miss all the tweaks I could do with Android. So I'm torn!
Any opinion about this? Does the S7 makes things smoother? How is your music experience? Anyone uses the S7 with a Mac? I remember the Kies being a horrible piece of software.

Thanks everybody.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. Never had problems with Android and headphones that had volume controls working for it. I actually used ones that were supposed to be for iPhones, made by Philips (O'Neill series), and the volume controls worked fine on my Galaxy S and Note 2. You might want to check-out Samsung's new line of headsets (Level).

2. Google and privacy, well, it's up to you if you'd trust them as you'd trust Apple, personally there's no hiding from Google anyway. And I believe that they're pretty tight with their security.

3. Depends on where your music comes from and how you manage it on your laptop. I use Spotify mainly nowadays anyway, so it won't matter what OS I use.

4. Kies doesn't exist for the S7. The new PC suite is SmartSwitch for PC/Mac. It's a lot leaner though. All it does is backup, restore, sync to Outlook on computer if you have it, and update software/firmware.

uproar

May 23, 2016
Visit site
1. Never had problems with Android and headphones that had volume controls working for it. I actually used ones that were supposed to be for iPhones, made by Philips (O'Neill series), and the volume controls worked fine on my Galaxy S and Note 2. You might want to check-out Samsung's new line of headsets (Level).

I will check that out, thanks. I never run into a compatible headset when I was both on S3 or Xperia. All the big names weren't working with their volume control.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I will check that out, thanks. I never run into a compatible headset when I was both on S3 or Xperia. All the big names weren't working with their volume control.
Beats obviously won't work well. Apple owns them. You know how Apple is.
Not sure on the other big names though. Ended up with the Philips O'neill ones because it was supposedly the toughest they had in the shop. Lasted a couple of years (bought the in ear type).

Here's the link for Samsung Level. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s-headphones-accessories%2F%2F&token=u9qm9P9X

And here's a review by Soundguys
http://www.soundguys.com/samsung-level-on-wireless-review-5564/

Last edited:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use iSyncr to sync music between my phone and iTunes. It works great.

Overall I love my S7 edge and am very happy with it. However, it just doesn't do music as well as the iPhone. I am always fighting with Playlists and overall music management when streaming in my car. I am even using Android Auto, which is great, but with limitations.

If your true motivation is music I personally would stay with the iPhone. If you can be flexible and are willing to work a little harder for the added flexibility then go for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

uproar

May 23, 2016
Visit site
I use iSyncr to sync music between my phone and iTunes. It works great.

Overall I love my S7 edge and am very happy with it. However, it just doesn't do music as well as the iPhone. I am always fighting with Playlists and overall music management when streaming in my car. I am even using Android Auto, which is great, but with limitations.

If your true motivation is music I personally would stay with the iPhone. If you can be flexible and are willing to work a little harder for the added flexibility then go for it.

What music player do you use?

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I have both an iPhone six plus and an S7 Edge that I got last week. I can't imagine using my iPhone for anything now except maybe for imessage. Imessage is the only thing I'm missing

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have both an iPhone six plus and an S7 Edge that I got last week. I can't imagine using my iPhone for anything now except maybe for imessage. Imessage is the only thing I'm missing

I still keep my iPhone for music. I bought a 128GB 6S+ in December just to listen to music on. My main phone is still an Android but to me, nothing beats the music player on an iPhone.

I've tried several of the music players on Android and just can't find any that I like. After trying several and wasting hours trying to tweet the sound, I gave up. I never used or cared for iMessage much and I don't have any friends who use iPhones.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Beats obviously won't work well. Apple owns them. You know how Apple is.
Not sure on the other big names though. Ended up with the Philips O'neill ones because it was supposedly the toughest they had in the shop. Lasted a couple of years (bought the in ear type).

Here's the link for Samsung Level. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s-headphones-accessories%2F%2F&token=R4zSUpa2

And here's a review by Soundguys
http://www.soundguys.com/samsung-level-on-wireless-review-5564/

I use Beats Studio Wireless and it works flawlessly with S7 Edge. No issues whatsoever.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I still keep my iPhone for music. I bought a 128GB 6S+ in December just to listen to music on. My main phone is still an Android but to me, nothing beats the music player on an iPhone.

I've tried several of the music players on Android and just can't find any that I like. After trying several and wasting hours trying to tweet the sound, I gave up. I never used or cared for iMessage much and I don't have any friends who use iPhones.

Both my boyfriend and best friend in America have iPhones. My boyfriend doesn't use imessage much but my best friend does. So does my mother who also has an apple phone. I can understand why it wouldn't be something you needed though not knowing anyone with an iPhone. I live in Australia and my work around was to create a textplus account and it gave me an American number on the app to text with

Jayjit Biswas

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Quality of songs in any android phone cannot match iTunes converted music files in your iPhone mp3 is much lesser quality of sound than converted mp3 through iTunes which I think AAC.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I use Beats Studio Wireless and it works flawlessly with S7 Edge. No issues whatsoever.

That's the really high end ones right? Didn't hear much about that. But on a different forum guys are having trouble with Samsungs and their wireless Solo sets.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
What music player do you use?

I am currently using Google play music. I have also tried the stock music player and Amazon prime player. None are as robust and seamless as the iPhone music player.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Apple uses a non-standard TRRS (Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve) plug and jack that nobody else uses. The standard is a TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) plug and jack. For music, it usually doesn't matter but for other controls it does. All headsets (not headphones) use a TRRS connector but Apple uses a non-standard microphone and volume control signaling method, which is way all Apple headphones (not just headsets) have a TRRS configuration.

Very high-end headphones will come with two different cables — one Apple, one Standard — but most companies try some creative wiring to make it work, make two different versions, or just say screw it and make the ones they can sell faster.

Edit: found a pic on Stack Exchange

8rFy3.jpg

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung headset also uses that same configuration as the iphone jack. So I guess they should be interchangeable now?
554099a333702a2f3fb51f57166fee56.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol