iPhone 6s Plus to S7 Edge?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Are the S7 stock earbuds decent?
I actually haven't used them yet. Lol. The earbuds I use are Samsung, but these are from from my brother's A8. He didn't want to use in ear type headsets. Same quality as the ones in stock Note 2. The ones in the S7 are different with similar ear design to the ones in the iPhone.

Nutcase4u

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe nobody has mentioned DoubleTwist yet. It takes whatever songs or playlists from your iTunes and then syncs them with your android phone via bluetooth. Viola! All iTunes music now on your SD card.
On a side note, I also use PowerAmp media player to adjust everything to my liking afterwards.

Nutcase4u

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The S7 earbuds are really good this time. The Note 5 earbuds didn't fit very well, but they've made the necessary changes so they fit and sound great. Most earbuds I can't leave in for an extended period of time, but I did 4 or 5 hours of yard work with them in and still felt great.

RonAnnARbor

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I went in exactly the opposite direction -- after off and on years with Android and Apple iOS, I finally gave up on the iPhone 6 Plus, and I'll tell you why, its just boring. I love my S7Edge -- it feels great in the hand, and it works smoothly. The photos are better than those on the iPhone 6S plus, I did a comparison awhile back a few months ago. BUT -- if you are in an iTunes economy, things just don't work right anymore with a Mac and the Edge. Probably on a PC you are ok, but I use Macs exclusively and nothing works to sync properly between iTunes and your Android -- at least not without jailbreaking your phones. I use Poweramp for music on my Edge and its fantastic -- but I end up uploading all my music that I want to transfer to Drop Box then downloading on the Edge. Alternately, I take out the microSD, copy over all the music I want in moments, and put it back into the phone. Quickest way to do it.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Say what? I can save my google play music to my phone.

By downloading it song by song, correct? I just sync once with iTunes using iSyncr and all my music is there. Any changes are automatically updated next time I sync. No muss, no fuss. Oh, and I can also have playlists with more than 1,000 songs. Try that using Google Play Music.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Same with Google Music Manager. Set it up once and everything automatically appears in Google Music after purchasing on iTunes. No 3rd party app required.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I have used both android and ios devices in my life. The smartphones I have used go in this order:

S2, S4, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6 plus, S6 and now the S7. What made me change in the first place was I got the dreaded charger port issue on the S4 and it just wouldn't charge anymore. When I was told it would cost $180 to be repaired I was too nervous to get another Samsung device worried that the same thing would happen on it. So I got a mobile repayment plan for an iPhone 5c. I loved apple so much that when it came to Feb last year I got an iPhone six plus. When I had to leave my phone company they charged me for the phone and I got to keep it. So obviously I wasn't going to get a second iPhone six plus. The new company I was at have something where twelve months into my contract you can pay $149 and had in your phone to get a new contract on my new phone. Having only experienced the charger port issue in month 18 of my contract I bit the bullet and got an S6. The battery life was so abysmal that after a few months of using it I went back to using my six plus and my s6 became a pretty paperweight and at one stage a portable hard drive when I was moving files from one computer to another.

So after a year of my contract I looked at my options. The six s plus wasn't enough of a difference worth upgrading from the six plus in my opinion so I went the route of the S7 Edge and am so glad I did.

However, I have no idea in twelve months time whether I will get an iPhone 7 or an S8. That is going to be one tough decision. I still use my six plus when a game is better on iOS than on Android or for iPhone exclusive apps

Vincentbell1995

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Jerry you continue to affirm why I listen to you on podcasts and read your post. Thanks for the great information. I switched to an iPhone to see what it was like, and did enjoy it. But listening to your reviews, and reading your articles brought me back to android. Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Jerry you continue to affirm why I listen to you on podcasts and read your post. Thanks for the great information. I switched to an iPhone to see what it was like, and did enjoy it. But listening to your reviews, and reading your articles brought me back to android. Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Thanks man :) (I'm sending a link for this post to Phil's email :p )

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I went to the 6plus/6s plus for a test drive as well, but am currently using the s7 edge as my daily driver.

Short and sweet, its probably my favorite phone. Screen is amazing, camera is great, expandable memory, size feels great in hand, and the best battery life out of any android phone I've used.

You know what you're getting into with apple vs android. They both have their pros and cons, but I believe the s7 edge is one of the best android experiences thus far.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I remember the first time I used noise cancelling headphones how blown away I was hearings parts of songs I had never heard before even though I had listened to the songs for years.

I find the S7 speakers for myself to be loud. For example I was just playing Sims Freeplay and I turned the volume up and was like "too loud" and turned it back to half volume. That's just me though so anyone else could be different

These aren't my first pair of noise-cancelling headphones, but they're a million times better than the ones I had before. So glad I found them via a review of the Bose ones I had been looking at! I am not an audiophile, so didn't know what brands were best, which is why I read a ton of reviews of a couple different headphones first. (The noise-cancelling feature was a must-have for planes, trains, being a passenger in a car with family who want to talk, etc.)

I also find the built-in S7 Edge speaker to be really loud. I don't even have my phone ringtone volume up to the max because I find that level far too loud.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
These aren't my first pair of noise-cancelling headphones, but they're a million times better than the ones I had before. So glad I found them via a review of the Bose ones I had been looking at! I am not an audiophile, so didn't know what brands were best, which is why I read a ton of reviews of a couple different headphones first. (The noise-cancelling feature was a must-have for planes, trains, being a passenger in a car with family who want to talk, etc.)

I also find the built-in S7 Edge speaker to be really loud. I don't even have my phone ringtone volume up to the max because I find that level far too loud.

I remember the trepidation I had about the speaker because of all the reviews and comments I had seen talking about the speakers being not so good because of water proofing. When I got my phone I honestly thought wtf were people talking about because I would have the volume up half way or more to play a game and would need to turn the sound down.

My first set of noise cancelling headphones were only like $15. A cheap pair. But wow did the still do the job

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one that can download music from iTunes and have it automatically appear in my Google Music miraculously with no 3rd party app?

I have never used Google Music (been using iSyncr for many years, ever since my first Android tablet, the Asus Transformer Slider), but I still would need to transfer a bunch of songs that are not iTunes purchases (they were imported from CDs, some as long ago as twelve or more years ago), plus my playlists, so it is much easier to use just one method. I don't use the phone's stock music player, either.

Centralboy545

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I still keep my iPhone for music. I bought a 128GB 6S+ in December just to listen to music on. My main phone is still an Android but to me, nothing beats the music player on an iPhone.

I've tried several of the music players on Android and just can't find any that I like. After trying several and wasting hours trying to tweet the sound, I gave up. I never used or cared for iMessage much and I don't have any friends who use iPhones.
I've been using poweramp for years and it still works great and I love the equalizer on it.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
By downloading it song by song, correct? I just sync once with iTunes using iSyncr and all my music is there. Any changes are automatically updated next time I sync. No muss, no fuss. Oh, and I can also have playlists with more than 1,000 songs. Try that using Google Play Music.

Not necessarily. You can have it cache your stuff to your SD card and you can save playlists. May not be perfect, but it works. I don't do much with music on my phone, streaming from Google Play mostly covers it, but it absolutely works with SD cards. Just like saving Play Movies - those can be stored on SD cards, too.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately nothing beats Apple when it comes to the music management. I wish I could get apples music player on Android. I'm not a fan of any music player on the market and forget about that mess that Google made with their music app.

For my S7 Edge I just downloaded Samsungs music player. I use isync to put my iTunes Playlist on the phone. Best purchase I made years ago as I switch phones a lot.

In the end I love my 6P, liking my S7E so far and love my iPhone 6S Plus as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac