iPhone 6s Plus to S7 Edge?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Great thread Guys. :)

I'll hopefully be moving from my iPhone 6 Plus to the Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge in September.

I'm hoping my Monster Turbines in-ear work ok with the Samsung.

Centralboy545

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately nothing beats Apple when it comes to the music management. I wish I could get apples music player on Android. I'm not a fan of any music player on the market and forget about that mess that Google made with their music app.

For my S7 Edge I just downloaded Samsungs music player. I use isync to put my iTunes Playlist on the phone. Best purchase I made years ago as I switch phones a lot.

In the end I love my 6P, liking my S7E so far and love my iPhone 6S Plus as well.
Google play music is way better imo. What's wrong with it?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's probably just a preference. I too like the music app on iOS over the Google app.

Are we comparing the right music players for the right scenarios?

Google Play Music is more suited for subscription service and hence all if its use cases are towards managing music that you subscribe to than you own to. Of course, you can do the latter, but I see a lot of use cases geared towards the first.

Apple iTunes Music app (not the subscription service) has been around forever to have mastered the skills of personal music management.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Are we comparing the right music players for the right scenarios?

Google Play Music is more suited for subscription service and hence all if its use cases are towards managing music that you subscribe to than you own to. Of course, you can do the latter, but I see a lot of use cases geared towards the first.

Apple iTunes Music app (not the subscription service) has been around forever to have mastered the skills of personal music management.

And that might be part of the problem. To me it's cluttered and I just want to listen to my music, not feel like every time I open the app I have to go through hoops because they are trying to sell me something.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
And that might be part of the problem. To me it's cluttered and I just want to listen to my music, not feel like every time I open the app I have to go through hoops because they are trying to sell me something.

Exactly. I have all my iTunes music in the Google cloud so I have to use the Google music app to play it. I don't like what they've done to the music app over the years. Ever since they started with their own subscription service, they try to push that. The app DOES have nearly the same functions as the iTunes music app except that Googles has the store built in.

There is no alternative if I want to play my music in the Google cloud at least that I know of. I'm subscribed to Apple music and I do have the app on my S7 Edge which allows me to access off my iTunes music which is in iCloud due to iTunes Match. It's just much more easier to use that app on my Android phone that it is to use Googles own to do the same thing.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I have all my iTunes music in the Google cloud so I have to use the Google music app to play it. I don't like what they've done to the music app over the years. Ever since they started with their own subscription service, they try to push that. The app DOES have nearly the same functions as the iTunes music app except that Googles has the store built in.

There is no alternative if I want to play my music in the Google cloud at least that I know of. I'm subscribed to Apple music and I do have the app on my S7 Edge which allows me to access off my iTunes music which is in iCloud due to iTunes Match. It's just much more easier to use that app on my Android phone that it is to use Googles own to do the same thing.

You do not have use the Google App. You can download all your music in Google Music to MP3s on your computer by using Google Music Manager. then copy to your phone or SD Card. From there use any of the many music apps in the play store. I use Power Amp and it blows all the others away.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You do not have use the Google App. You can download all your music in Google Music to MP3s on your computer by using Google Music Manager. then copy to your phone or SD Card. From there use any of the many music apps in the play store. I use Power Amp and it blows all the others away.

Read my post again. I said that I have all my iTunes music in the Google cloud. I already have it on my computer because it is in iTunes.

I also already have it on my S7 Edge on an SD card. I do not like any of the music players I have tried on my phone so I continue to use my iPhone for music.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I meant that you could avoid using Itunes all together by downloading the music in MP3 format. I found ITunes to be a nightmare and was thrilled that I could get away from using it at all. I thought most people felt that way as well.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I meant that you could avoid using Itunes all together by downloading the music in MP3 format. I found ITunes to be a nightmare and was thrilled that I could get away from using it at all. I thought most people felt that way as well.

I love iTunes and I have three Macs here that I use. I will never stop using it and I buy all my music on iTunes instead of on Google.

To get it on my S7 Edge, I don't even have to convert it. Just download and I copy it over to my S7 Edge and it plays so there is no need to convert to MP3. About the only time I listen to music anymore on my phone is while I am at home so it's not a problem to grab an iPhone to do that.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I love iTunes and I have three Macs here that I use. I will never stop using it and I buy all my music on iTunes instead of on Google.

To get it on my S7 Edge, I don't even have to convert it. Just download and I copy it over to my S7 Edge and it plays so there is no need to convert to MP3. About the only time I listen to music anymore on my phone is while I am at home so it's not a problem to grab an iPhone to do that.

I'm with you. Not only do I have way too much invested in iTunes to ever move away from it - not to mention a house full of Macs - it really takes hardly any effort at all to get it to work with Android. In fact, for my use, it's much better than Google Play Music will ever be.

palmor

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Amazon Prime Music (granted it's $25 a year). It brings all your music and play lists to Amazon music so you can keep on using iTunes like normal.

It's great for a multi platform house... my wife uses an iPhone and all of our music is in itunes but I'm on Android.

Worth the $25 for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

yoshimiya08

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I love Spotify for music and I use a iPhone 6s+.
I went from a note 4 to the iPhone. Love the sound quality on the iPhone. For android I used Poweramp. I loved that music player. Had audio equalizer and other settings. Great player.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
So, what does the iPhone player have that y'all are looking for on Android? Personally, I can't think of anything to add to what I get from Rocket Player (I use the Material Dark Purple theme). I have the paid version with the equalizer options.

Centralboy545

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Read my post again. I said that I have all my iTunes music in the Google cloud. I already have it on my computer because it is in iTunes.

I also already have it on my S7 Edge on an SD card. I do not like any of the music players I have tried on my phone so I continue to use my iPhone for music.
It's hundreds of music players available though. Just saying.

uproar

May 23, 2016
Visit site
So, let's say that I have an entire collection in Apple Lossless files. I know I can use it on Poweramp, but what about other players? Google Play? DoubleTwist?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So, let's say that I have an entire collection in Apple Lossless files. I know I can use it on Poweramp, but what about other players? Google Play? DoubleTwist?
What format does Apple lossless come in? I do know that the Samsung Music Player (separate download) can play FLAC and WMA, apart from the usual MP3 and AAC.

uproar

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Apple Lossless is listed as ALAC. It's an open format now, so everyone can implement on its player. When I was on Android the only one who used it was Poweramp. Was wondering if things have changed now, especially if Google Play Music allows you to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton