I have a 200gb as card with thousands of songs with album art embedded. Is there a way to keep the album art out of the gallery app? The gallery is virtually useless when it displays all this album art.
    If there isn't a way, can anyone suggest a gallery app? I kind of like the stock app though ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-24-2016 04:06 AM
    Unfortunately you can't. I suggest creating a separate folder in the gallery app and dumping all album art pics out there. This way you can manage your pics appropriately without having to navigate through tons of album art.
    05-24-2016 04:36 AM
    None of my album art is in my Gallery. I believe it is embedded into the music files. I use iSyncr to Wi-Fi sync the music and playlists from iTunes on my PC and my S7 Edge (and S3 before that). I have 10GB of music on the SD card in my S7 Edge, almost all of it with album art.
    05-24-2016 04:48 AM
    I don't have a single image of album art in my Gallery or Google Photos. Not sure what happened there.
    05-24-2016 08:27 AM
    Maybe you can use a .nomedia file.
    05-24-2016 08:56 AM
    Maybe you can use a .nomedia file.
    This works but keep in mind that the stock music player will not be able to find your music. You will probably have to use PowerAmp or equivalent music player.

QuickPic is a good alternative for picture gallery. Nice features that is better than stock.
    05-24-2016 09:11 AM
    QuickPic is a good alternative for picture gallery. Nice features that is better than stock.
    No it's not. It's owned by the same data thieves at Cheetah Mobile.
    05-24-2016 09:17 AM
    No it's not. It's owned by the same data thieves at Cheetah Mobile.
    Must've bought them out. I recently came back to android. I used QuickPic when I had my note 3. It was great for me at the time. No complaints.
    05-24-2016 09:24 AM
    Bought out the original devs about a year or 2 back. So yeah, back to stock galleries for us.
    05-24-2016 09:56 AM
    None of my album art is in my Gallery. I believe it is embedded into the music files. I use iSyncr to Wi-Fi sync the music and playlists from iTunes on my PC and my S7 Edge (and S3 before that). I have 10GB of music on the SD card in my S7 Edge, almost all of it with album art.
    Wow I had no idea you could sync the music from iTunes onto an android device
    05-24-2016 02:56 PM
    Oh yeah. It's very easy with iSyncr. You can use it wirelessly or connected with micro USB cable. Have all my iTunes playlists on my Edge.
    05-24-2016 04:07 PM
    I just drag and drop my music onto my SD card using Finder on my Mac. Music in iTunes is not DRM protected so it can be played on any device.
    05-24-2016 04:52 PM
    Try putting all of your album art onto a separate folder in My Files, then rename the folder and put a period in front of it (eg. ".covers"). This hides the folder from the gallery. See if it works.
    05-24-2016 08:50 PM
    Thanks everyone. Most ofy music (thousands of songs) has the album art embedded. I use Android auto, so I'm kind of stuck using the Google play music app. And that's pretty much the only time I listen to.music, is in my car. Well, there and the gym...as I drive by the gym on the way to a Wendy's ๐Ÿ˜‚

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-25-2016 10:09 AM
    Yeah, it is a very handy app and so easy to use - just select the playlists you want to have on your phone and it syncs them and all the songs in them (except rights-protected songs) to your phone. Get new music? It only syncs what's new in your playlists. I have been using it for years, ever since I got my first Android tablet (Asus Transformer Slider). I was used to my Palm Pre disguising itself as an iPod in order to sync directly in iTunes (loved those Palm developers!) and this wasn't much different than doing that - and actually better because it is Wi-Fi.
    05-26-2016 01:17 AM
    Well, there and the gym...as I drive by the gym on the way to a Wendy's
    LOL!
    05-26-2016 01:18 AM