Hello from Omaha! I used iPhone probably for the last 5 to 6 years. On a whim decided to buy the new s7 Edge. Why the heck did I wait so long to make the switch?! Truly in awe with my new baby. I doubt I'll ever go back to iPhone.
    aximtreo and Wizzy like this.
    05-25-2016 05:48 AM
    Despite the economy being in a tailspin there is a lot happening with smartphones right now. The G1 Android is just one exciting development. I could have gone in many directions or waited but chose the G1 because I like the hardware and wanted to get into the software from the beginning. There will be more choices in a few months but I didn't see any reason to wait.

What are you looking for in a smartphone? Are you already on T-Mobile or thinking of moving to it? What other phones appeal to you?
    Have fun with your new device. It can be a very different experience.
    05-25-2016 05:54 AM
    Have fun with your new device. It can be a very different experience.
    Lol where did that quote come from?
    05-25-2016 07:51 AM
    Lol where did that quote come from?
    Lol. I meant to quote the first post.
    05-25-2016 10:32 AM
    Lol. I meant to quote the first post.
    I was so confused lol
    05-25-2016 10:41 AM
    Made the same switch. Overall very premium device but there are some minor annoyances here. For example it is difficult to get Google maps show my location exactly. Usually it shows me being 15 feet off the road.
    Another thing I miss from Ios is my bank apps ability to log in with fingerprint sensor. Don't know why 6.0 android doesn't have that..
    05-25-2016 11:33 AM
    Made the same switch. Overall very premium device but there are some minor annoyances here. For example it is difficult to get Google maps show my location exactly. Usually it shows me being 15 feet off the road.
    Another thing I miss from Ios is my bank apps ability to log in with fingerprint sensor. Don't know why 6.0 android doesn't have that..
    GPS location is more related to hardware than software so I doubt Google map is at fault there, just check that you are indeed using Best Accuracy option (GPS, Wifi, data) when need pinpoint accuracy and even then a lot of things can affect the exact location.

Bank Apps is definitely an issue exclusively with the Apps developers, the same old story that a lot of them just dedicate most of their resources to develop an iOS app and then do the Android version as an aftermath, why? well, that's another story. The Fingeprint's API are there for a long time, Samsung had their own and then Google added theirs with latest Android versions, there are Apps that allows for both, Samsung and Android APIs at the same time. So if your app doesn't use fingerprint but in iOS they do, then your best bet is to complaint directly with the developer, if enough people complain they must listen, but if nobody does it, then why do they need to spend time and resources doing it?
    05-25-2016 12:49 PM