Hello, my Galaxy S7 Edge shuts down after asking for my pin code and booting, I see a lock with a rotating blue and green disc and after that the phone screen just remains dark and I have to connect it to the power (I have 90%+ battery) to be able to power it on again but then the same thing happens. Should I request a refund? Thanks.
    05-25-2016 09:28 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25053
    05-25-2016 10:52 PM
    Hello, thanks for your reply, yes, that still happens... Update: I made a factory reset and the phone is still shutting down, but I don't see that happening so fast if I keep the charger plugged in.
    05-26-2016 11:15 PM
    Too many problems for a new phone. Get a replacement. Good luck!
    05-27-2016 11:38 AM
    Thanks, I bought it on ebay to save a few bucks... big mistake... I hope the seller agrees that the unit is defective and that I didn't drop it or anything
    05-27-2016 08:27 PM
    If you have any difficulties with the seller, go through eBay--they're good about protecting the buyer. eBay Money Back Guarantee | eBay
    05-30-2016 02:40 PM
    It may be a faulty SIM card.

Troubleshooting I followed as I was finding that my S7 either turned off for no reason/ or froze at the clock screen many times a day forcing me to start it again with the power & volume down buttons: -

1) Nothing resolved it by restoring or one by one deleting installed apps or a factory reset
    2) I had to leave the phone on Airplane mode & then it didn't crash so narrowed down that it was only when using 3G/ 4G that the problem occurred
    3) Samsung support advised me to check by switching a new SIM if the SIM was the issue
    4) I swapped the SIM to another S7 & still had the same problem in the replacement phone
    5) My wife put in her SIM into the suspected faulty phone & never had any crashes...so it wasn't the phone
    6) Got a new SIM & it's all good no crashes at all

This is the 1st that I had heard that the SIM could be the cause & couldn't find it in other blogs.

Not sure if problem would only arise for an S7 with a faulty SIM card.

Good luck!
    08-14-2016 09:37 PM
    Might be a fake phone if you bought it on eBay.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    08-15-2016 12:59 PM
    I am having the same issue.
    I sent it to Samsung to repair and the device was sent back to me saying it was fixed, but as soon as I put my SIM in, the phone got really hot and turned off.

I was surprised they sent the phone back without resolving the issue (assuming the techs may have dealt with similar issues). I had first thought it was the SIM, for which i got a replacement SIM, but the issue was only with my S7 edge phone, I am currently using the same SIM with my old HTC M8, which is working perfectly fine. The phone was sent back to Samsung am hoping I get the phone back, with the problem fixed. I didn't expect this from such an expensive phone and I was hoping to face better customer service.

If the problem is not rectified the 2nd time. I am hoping Samsung gives me a replacement, as I do not want to face this issue after my warranty expires.
    Before I had sent the phone it, I tried soft reset, hard reset, factory reset and the samsung tech had flashed the phone, none of these resolved the issue.
    01-16-2017 01:51 PM