05-31-2016 10:06 PM
50 12
tools
    No I don't think so

posted from my galaxy s7edge
    http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...y-note-7-rumor

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/s...ight-to-note-7

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Rumor...d-back_id81486

It's already everywhere. Granted it's rumor, but Samsung does have a point.
    05-27-2016 06:57 PM
    Since you need something now, see whatever is in sale so you have something to use temporarily . For example, i bought a new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge new for $200 no contract from best buy just a few days ago. That deal is dead though, but deals come and go.

Then get the next note when it comes out
    05-28-2016 09:20 AM
    For example, i bought a new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge new for $200 no contract from best buy just a few days ago.
    I would have bought that for my dad.....
    05-28-2016 09:52 AM
    You can get a cheap no contract, pay as you go burner phone to hold you over until the Note 7 is available.
    05-28-2016 08:42 PM
    I would hold out for the Note 8
    That's getting pretty close to the Note 10, I hear that one will be the one to get.
    lrrowley likes this.
    05-28-2016 09:31 PM
    I have the S7 Edge and been enjoying it but the next Note has me very interested.
    Don't pretend like you haven't already made up your mind to get it you're in every Samsung pre-order thread just like I am, lol.
    05-28-2016 09:33 PM
    Don't pretend like you haven't already made up your mind to get it you're in every Samsung pre-order thread just like I am, lol.
    It definitely is hard for me to resist. I have loved all the Notes within the Note series... so going from the S7 Edge to the next note isn't unreasonable for me ^_^.
    itsnotmeitsyou likes this.
    05-29-2016 01:19 AM
    It definitely is hard for me to resist. I have loved all the Notes within the Note series... so going from the S7 Edge to the next note isn't unreasonable for me ^_^.
    I remember when the OG Galaxy Note came out and a lot of people were asking questions about its size, and even some said that it won't sell well because it's just too big.

Look how much our phones have changed since then. The OG Note looks somewhat tiny compared to the current Note 5, and even some "normal" smartphones are bigger.

The last Note I've used for a significant period of time was my sister's Note 3. Loved that thing back then. Can't wait to finally get a Note for my new daily. The Note 7 is the likely candidate.
    05-29-2016 02:11 AM
    I am stuck in a dilemma. My situation is that I have no phone at the moment due to hardware malfunctions in my G4. As summer vacations are about to start, I need a phone instantly, however, with the latest rumors and leaks about the upcoming note 7, I have a feeling that I should wait for it (as it has killer specs). Another factor that seems to be pulling me towards the note 7 is that when I was going to buy the G4, I rushed to buy it and look how that turned out. I don't want history to repeat itself. :/ What are your opinions because I can't seem to make up my mind. The s7 edge or the Note 7?
    Neither, I recently picked up the best phone I have ever owned, the new Vivo Xplay 5 Elite, Qualcomm 820, 6GB Ram, 2K Amoled Curved display, etc. Cost me $640 and since it uses a basically vanilla build of Android the system takes up less than a 900MB Ram, my S6, the phone I replaced this with, took up almost 2.5 GB and that was before any apps were started. So this phone is fast, the camera is fantastic based on Sonys newest module. I don't know man, it's your money but I would much rather have the absolute best for $200 cheaper,. Look at the new ZTE as well, similar specs and is also less.
    05-29-2016 01:13 PM
    I remember when the OG Galaxy Note came out and a lot of people were asking questions about its size, and even some said that it won't sell well because it's just too big.

Look how much our phones have changed since then. The OG Note looks TINY compared to the current Note 5, and even some "normal" smartphones are bigger.

The last Note I've used for a significant period of time was my sister's Note 3. Loved that thing back then. Can't wait to finally get a Note for my new daily. The Note 7 is the likely candidate.
    Those things were bricks, though. They had huge bezels and were twice as thick.
    xocomaox and D13H4RD2L1V3 like this.
    05-29-2016 02:02 PM
    Note 7 and S7 specs will be pretty similar except for slightly larger screen and s-pen.

Both will be excellent phones.
    05-29-2016 08:23 PM
    Note 7 and S7 specs will be pretty similar except for slightly larger screen and s-pen.

Both will be excellent phones.
    For starters, it's the Note 6--not the Note 7

Secondly, the Note series sets the bar for the next Galaxy S device, not the other way around. The Note 6 will be an improvement over the S7. The S8 will be the device that is similar to the Note 6.

But you are right in saying that they will both be excellent devices. The Note 6 will just be a little more excellent--assuming history repeats itself.
    05-29-2016 11:36 PM

Secondly, the Note series sets the bar for the next Galaxy S device, not the other way around. The Note 6 will be an improvement over the S7. The S8 will be the device that is similar to the Note 6.

But you are right in saying that they will both be excellent devices. The Note 6 will just be a little more excellent--assuming history repeats itself.
    They're calling it Note 7 because some Samsung Execs wanted to skip 6 and have the S and Notes have same version number.
    05-29-2016 11:53 PM
    They're calling it Note 7 because some Samsung Execs wanted to skip 6 and have the S and Notes have same version number.
    Oh, I must have missed that. Is that a rumor, or did Samsung officially say that they're considering it?
    05-30-2016 12:00 AM
    Oh, I must have missed that. Is that a rumor, or did Samsung officially say that they're considering it?
    I posted links to articles previously on this thread saying that it's being considered. Almost every phone news site has an article on it. It's not yet official as far as I know, they're just considering it.
    05-30-2016 12:25 AM
    Those things were bricks, though. They had huge bezels and were twice as thick.
    Yeah, at its time, they were pretty huge.

They're not as big now, but the new Notes kinda dwarfs the OG Note.

I still have the brochure for it, funny enough.

R.I.P GPe program
    xocomaox likes this.
    05-30-2016 12:51 AM
    I posted links to articles previously on this thread saying that it's being considered. Almost every phone news site has an article on it. It's not yet official as far as I know, they're just considering it.
    Those all say that it's a rumor that it's being considered. There's no confirmation that Samsung is actually considering it.
    05-30-2016 01:02 AM
    Those all say that it's a rumor that it's being considered. There's no confirmation that Samsung is actually considering it.
    Most people are now colloquially calling it Note 7. Besides, you can use either name and (within context) it will still be understood as the next Note of 2016.
    05-30-2016 11:50 AM

I'm not sure where this information comes from, but going by the last series of phones, the S6 and Note 5 shared many similarities. If what you were saying was true, the Note 5 would have had a newer SoC, waterproofing and expandable storage like the S7.
    05-30-2016 11:52 AM
    I'm not sure where this information comes from, but going by the last series of phones, the S6 and Note 5 shared many similarities. If what you were saying was true, the Note 5 would have had a newer SoC, waterproofing and expandable storage like the S7.
    What does Soc stand for?
    05-30-2016 02:51 PM
    What does Soc stand for?
    System on Chip. It's the CPU of a smartphone, among other things. The S7 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (USA) and an Exynos 8990 (international), for instance.
    love4speechless likes this.
    05-30-2016 09:56 PM
    Well... it would be helpful to know what carrier you are on. I am on Tmobile and we have Jump On Demand which you would be able to upgrade 3 times within a year. Sounds like something like this is up your alley. You would be able to get the S7E and whenever the Note comes out just trade in your S7E and get the Note.
    05-31-2016 09:22 AM
    I would hold out for the Note 8
    I hear the Note 9 will have a built in laser bottle opener. I would wait for that.

No seriously, if you need a phone now.... the S7 is really your only choice of the two.
    Xsie likes this.
    05-31-2016 02:59 PM
    The Fall Note is always a lil better in a couple of small ways. Historically it's been ram and processor along with new exclusive note features while incorporating the things that were new to the spring Galaxy flagship. So the Note 7 will simply be the note edition on the s7 which is a big part of why they are skipping the note 6 to confuse consumers less.

In other words don't feel compelled to wait unless you MUST HAVE the stylus. If that's the case then buy a cheap burner phone to tide you over.
    05-31-2016 04:45 PM
    Neither, get the Axon 7.
    05-31-2016 10:06 PM
50 12