Should I go with the s7 edge or wait for the note 7?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
How well do the S7e features/strengths align with your preferences? If you like it then just go for it. Is a stylus pen a MUST HAVE feature?... that could be the deal breaker right there.
There's the buy/sell used market too, so you could also turn around and sell it. With the note6 and S7 active in the works, its anybody's guess how well the current sammys will hold value over time though.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had both the note 2 & 4. They were both powerhouse phones and I loved them. But when I chose my new one, I realized that I never used the spen and I was getting tired of the bulk. So when I read that the S7 edge was going to be a 5.5" screen in a compact housing, I bought one. Couldn't be happier. And wait till you see what kind of battery life you get. Its amazing. I'd definitely get the S7 edge.

Posted via Android Central App

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I was in roughly the same boat and went with the S7 Edge instead of waiting for a new Note and so far it's been about 3 weeks and I can't complain.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Same dilemma as you. Same phone as well. XD

For me, I decided to wait for the Note 7 and see what's up. This is my second G4 as the first one died to the dreaded "#BooploopGate" and now, the second one is coughing up issues, from overheating to refusing a charge. I've switched to my old HTC One M7 for now until the Note arrives.

Your case is different, however. Judging from your OP, you don't have a backup phone and you even mentioned that you needed a new phone for summer vacation.

In your case, I'd say get the S7e. It's still a wonderful phone and highly doubt that the Note 7 will give you a case of buyer's remorse.

I have the S7 Edge and been enjoying it but the next Note has me very interested.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Since you need something now, see whatever is in sale so you have something to use temporarily . For example, i bought a new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge new for $200 no contract from best buy just a few days ago. That deal is dead though, but deals come and go.

Then get the next note when it comes out

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't pretend like you haven't already made up your mind to get it you're in every Samsung pre-order thread just like I am, lol.

It definitely is hard for me to resist. I have loved all the Notes within the Note series... so going from the S7 Edge to the next note isn't unreasonable for me ^_^.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It definitely is hard for me to resist. I have loved all the Notes within the Note series... so going from the S7 Edge to the next note isn't unreasonable for me ^_^.
I remember when the OG Galaxy Note came out and a lot of people were asking questions about its size, and even some said that it won't sell well because it's just too big.

Look how much our phones have changed since then. The OG Note looks somewhat tiny compared to the current Note 5, and even some "normal" smartphones are bigger.

The last Note I've used for a significant period of time was my sister's Note 3. Loved that thing back then. Can't wait to finally get a Note for my new daily. The Note 7 is the likely candidate.

Last edited:

relic74

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I am stuck in a dilemma. My situation is that I have no phone at the moment due to hardware malfunctions in my G4. As summer vacations are about to start, I need a phone instantly, however, with the latest rumors and leaks about the upcoming note 7, I have a feeling that I should wait for it (as it has killer specs). Another factor that seems to be pulling me towards the note 7 is that when I was going to buy the G4, I rushed to buy it and look how that turned out. I don't want history to repeat itself. :/ What are your opinions because I can't seem to make up my mind. The s7 edge or the Note 7?

Neither, I recently picked up the best phone I have ever owned, the new Vivo Xplay 5 Elite, Qualcomm 820, 6GB Ram, 2K Amoled Curved display, etc. Cost me $640 and since it uses a basically vanilla build of Android the system takes up less than a 900MB Ram, my S6, the phone I replaced this with, took up almost 2.5 GB and that was before any apps were started. So this phone is fast, the camera is fantastic based on Sonys newest module. I don't know man, it's your money but I would much rather have the absolute best for $200 cheaper,. Look at the new ZTE as well, similar specs and is also less.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I remember when the OG Galaxy Note came out and a lot of people were asking questions about its size, and even some said that it won't sell well because it's just too big.

Look how much our phones have changed since then. The OG Note looks TINY compared to the current Note 5, and even some "normal" smartphones are bigger.

The last Note I've used for a significant period of time was my sister's Note 3. Loved that thing back then. Can't wait to finally get a Note for my new daily. The Note 7 is the likely candidate.
Those things were bricks, though. They had huge bezels and were twice as thick.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Note 7 and S7 specs will be pretty similar except for slightly larger screen and s-pen.

Both will be excellent phones.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Note 7 and S7 specs will be pretty similar except for slightly larger screen and s-pen.

Both will be excellent phones.

For starters, it's the Note 6--not the Note 7 ;)

Secondly, the Note series sets the bar for the next Galaxy S device, not the other way around. The Note 6 will be an improvement over the S7. The S8 will be the device that is similar to the Note 6.

But you are right in saying that they will both be excellent devices. The Note 6 will just be a little more excellent--assuming history repeats itself.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
For starters, it's the Note 6--not the Note 7 ;)

Secondly, the Note series sets the bar for the next Galaxy S device, not the other way around. The Note 6 will be an improvement over the S7. The S8 will be the device that is similar to the Note 6.

But you are right in saying that they will both be excellent devices. The Note 6 will just be a little more excellent--assuming history repeats itself.
They're calling it Note 7 because some Samsung Execs wanted to skip 6 and have the S and Notes have same version number.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I must have missed that. Is that a rumor, or did Samsung officially say that they're considering it?
I posted links to articles previously on this thread saying that it's being considered. Almost every phone news site has an article on it. It's not yet official as far as I know, they're just considering it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34