Should I go with the s7 edge or wait for the note 7?

ayantabycat

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I am stuck in a dilemma. My situation is that I have no phone at the moment due to hardware malfunctions in my G4. As summer vacations are about to start, I need a phone instantly, however, with the latest rumors and leaks about the upcoming note 7, I have a feeling that I should wait for it (as it has killer specs). Another factor that seems to be pulling me towards the note 7 is that when I was going to buy the G4, I rushed to buy it and look how that turned out. I don't want history to repeat itself. :/ What are your opinions because I can't seem to make up my mind. The s7 edge or the Note 7?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Guys, Samsung is reportedly skipping Note 6 and naming it Note 7, just like how Microsoft skipped Windows 9. So yeah, Note 7 coming in August. Personally, you need a phone now, so buy one.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Get the phone that looks best to you! Since we only have leaks about the Note 7 right now, I'd get the S7 Edge. I can't be without a phone for more than a few days. If it isn't a big deal to you, wait to see your options.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I am stuck in a dilemma. My situation is that I have no phone at the moment due to hardware malfunctions in my G4. As summer vacations are about to start, I need a phone instantly, however, with the latest rumors and leaks about the upcoming note 7, I have a feeling that I should wait for it (as it has killer specs). Another factor that seems to be pulling me towards the note 7 is that when I was going to buy the G4, I rushed to buy it and look how that turned out. I don't want history to repeat itself. :/ What are your opinions because I can't seem to make up my mind. The s7 edge or the Note 7?

Coming from a HTC m9-which was a SUPER let down for me, I broke down and got the 7 edge. Last year I got the s6 edge, for our daughter, and fell in love with the look of the phone! Not to mention the incredible camera on it.
Compare the specs on both phones, which it sounds as if you've done just that, then decide which suits your personal needs. Which are most important on how you use your phone.
Also read customer reviews on both. I'm a customer reviews freak...I gotta find out what the average Joe likes/dislikes about what ever I'm researching at that time.
I absolutely love my s7 edge. Not a big fan of touch wiz, but I hardly ever use the stock launcher. Trying Nova Prime this time. And still getting use to it. I always used Apex in the past. Switched over to see why a lot of folks prefer Nova.
BTW when is the Note 7 due out? Before summer vacation? S7 takes gorgeous pics!

ayantabycat

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Coming from a HTC m9-which was a SUPER let down for me, I broke down and got the 7 edge. Last year I got the s6 edge, for our daughter, and fell in love with the look of the phone! Not to mention the incredible camera on it.
Compare the specs on both phones, which it sounds as if you've done just that, then decide which suits your personal needs. Which are most important on how you use your phone.
Also read customer reviews on both. I'm a customer reviews freak...I gotta find out what the average Joe likes/dislikes about what ever I'm researching at that time.
I absolutely love my s7 edge. Not a big fan of touch wiz, but I hardly ever use the stock launcher. Trying Nova Prime this time. And still getting use to it. I always used Apex in the past. Switched over to see why a lot of folks prefer Nova.
BTW when is the Note 7 due out? Before summer vacation? S7 takes gorgeous pics!

the Note 7 is supposed to come out in late august or early september. The rumors include the Note 7 having a dual edge screen,6gb ram,4500 mah and many more goodies. If it has a dual edge screen and is much more powerful than the s7 edge, why not get the note 7. But the thing is that I need a phone on an urgent basis...thus the dilemma. :/

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
According to latest CPU Z leak, it will have 3700mah with 8890 and 6GB, which only 2.5gb ram available with no apps running? sammy don't know how to tweak their memory right... it might comes with iris scanner, we will find out more near August.

I went with S7E from Note 5, never looking back, the battery is so much better, the camera is much better at low light and phone feels overall faster, u can't go wrong with the S7E, unless u gonna play games on it in which it sucks, it does not effect all games but samsung using DVFS to throttle GPU and CPU way too much.

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
If you are in need of a phone right now the only thing you can do is pick the best phone available today. Rumours for the notes are always over the top and in reality the phone only ends up being a slight improvement over the previous galaxy s.

ayantabycat

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Wow...This was the first time i posted in any forum and the insight and opinions I got from all of you are superb. This has truly been really helpful.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Same dilemma as you. Same phone as well. XD

For me, I decided to wait for the Note 7 and see what's up. This is my second G4 as the first one died to the dreaded "#BooploopGate" and now, the second one is coughing up issues, from overheating to refusing a charge. I've switched to my old HTC One M7 for now until the Note arrives.

Your case is different, however. Judging from your OP, you don't have a backup phone and you even mentioned that you needed a new phone for summer vacation.

In your case, I'd say get the S7e. It's still a wonderful phone and highly doubt that the Note 7 will give you a case of buyer's remorse.

Gaurav Sag

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
There are some very interesting rumors that you will notice about Galaxy Note 7. First off, the device has been detailed to feature an Exynos 8890. For the longest time, we believed that a Snapdragon 823 was going to be a part of the hardware but it is possible that a different variant is announced alongside the Exynos 8890 variant.
Now, there might not be a difference between Snapdragon 823 and Snapdragon 820 in terms of its manufacturing process and design, but the extra clock speed will equal better performance across the device. To top that, Galaxy Note 6 has also been reported to feature a massive 5.8-inch screen and IP68 certification, meaning that the smartphone is going to be waterproof till a certain depth.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
There are some very interesting rumors that you will notice about Galaxy Note 7. First off, the device has been detailed to feature an Exynos 8890. For the longest time, we believed that a Snapdragon 823 was going to be a part of the hardware but it is possible that a different variant is announced alongside the Exynos 8890 variant.
Now, there might not be a difference between Snapdragon 823 and Snapdragon 820 in terms of its manufacturing process and design, but the extra clock speed will equal better performance across the device. To top that, Galaxy Note 6 has also been reported to feature a massive 5.8-inch screen and IP68 certification, meaning that the smartphone is going to be waterproof till a certain depth.
Most of these apply to the S7e as well. Namely the Exynos 8890 (on international models) and an IP68 certification.

Not sure about the SD823, but that might be for the US-model if it's real. The rest of the world might use the E8890, just like the S7.

And TBH, I don't think the higher clock speed will give a noticeable improvement in performance. Maybe about a few milliseconds quicker, but it's not very significant.

Gaurav Sag

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Most of these apply to the S7e as well. Namely the Exynos 8890 (on international models) and an IP68 certification.

Not sure about the SD823, but that might be for the US-model if it's real. The rest of the world might use the E8890, just like the S7.

And TBH, I don't think the higher clock speed will give a noticeable improvement in performance. Maybe about a few milliseconds quicker, but it's not very significant.

I am not sure about that as I am not from developer team of Samsung .

But you make very good point to focus , will wait and see what will be the final outcome

ankyjorge

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Samsung GS7 edge is a pretty good device when you look for the features it provides. If you are not much crazy about Samsung Note devices, I would suggest you to not wait and buy the SGS7. You can also search for the news and updates in Google about the devices you are comparing, I hope you make the best choice.