Need to clean the junk!

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
So I switched from WP to Android, and I have absolutely no regrets. I love everything about my GS7 edge, the OS, speed, apps, productivity, etc.

But I admit, that in the four weeks that I've had it, I've installed/tested many apps and then uninstalled. I've noticed that there are files and other little bits that seem to be leftovers from uninstalls and changes. Is there a way, app, that I can use to clean my phone without hurting it??? I've read a lot about how some "cleaning" apps can actually do damage.

Thanks and blessings.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
You could try SD Maid and run the 'corpse finder' option. Next time you uninstall an app do this, go to settings - apps - select the app - force stop - clear data and then uninstall. This process will avoid leaving files after removing the app, well, most times :)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=eu.thedarken.sdm&token=Fd4-SJy7

I normally steer clear of such apps, but this one really seems to have an excellent reputation. Think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the link. :)

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You're welcome! Glad it helped! Always check the permissions before installing an app, specially with the so-called 'cleaners' or 'boosters'. Most of them include weird permissions as contacts, precise location and such (yeah, looking at you CM and DU). This usually means that they will mine your personal data, sell it for a profit and fill your phone with 'personalised' adware.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech