So I switched from WP to Android, and I have absolutely no regrets. I love everything about my GS7 edge, the OS, speed, apps, productivity, etc.

But I admit, that in the four weeks that I've had it, I've installed/tested many apps and then uninstalled. I've noticed that there are files and other little bits that seem to be leftovers from uninstalls and changes. Is there a way, app, that I can use to clean my phone without hurting it??? I've read a lot about how some "cleaning" apps can actually do damage.

Thanks and blessings.
    05-27-2016 07:57 AM
    You could try SD Maid and run the 'corpse finder' option. Next time you uninstall an app do this, go to settings - apps - select the app - force stop - clear data and then uninstall. This process will avoid leaving files after removing the app, well, most times

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....thedarken.sdm
    05-27-2016 08:20 AM
    You could try SD Maid and run the 'corpse finder' option. Next time you uninstall an app do this, go to settings - apps - select the app - force stop - clear data and then uninstall. This process will avoid leaving files after removing the app, well, most times

I normally steer clear of such apps, but this one really seems to have an excellent reputation. Think I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the link.
    Javier P likes this.
    05-27-2016 08:41 AM

Thanks Javier. I should have a number of corpses. Thanks for the advice and the tech knowledge.
    Javier P likes this.
    05-27-2016 08:53 AM
    You're welcome! Glad it helped! Always check the permissions before installing an app, specially with the so-called 'cleaners' or 'boosters'. Most of them include weird permissions as contacts, precise location and such (yeah, looking at you CM and DU). This usually means that they will mine your personal data, sell it for a profit and fill your phone with 'personalised' adware.
    KPMcClave and Golfdriver97 like this.
    05-27-2016 10:09 AM
    the download an app ??

posted from my galaxy s7edge
    CMYMUD likes this.
    05-27-2016 05:52 PM
    the download an app ??

posted from my galaxy s7edge
    Sorry, don't understand what you mean. Could you elaborate?
    05-28-2016 07:36 AM