S7 Edge - Bad Battery Life

refaelagronov

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello i have a problem with my S7 edge ,
when i unplug from charger its starts with 100% after 2 minutes goes to 97% than after 5 hours its goes 15% is that normal?

Using Location , Mobile Data , Save Power OFF , Sync on , Wifi when i have spot .
using fast charging .

*sry for the bad english*

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bad Battery

I would first reboot the phone and see if it still happens. But also install GSAM and post a screenshot after the battery is run down.

refaelagronov

May 29, 2016
Visit site

I would first reboot the phone and see if it still happens. But also install GSAM and post a screenshot after the battery is run down.

or i can empty the battery and charge to 100% without touching .

Sounds pretty normal to me

Posted via the Android Central App

Post the battery graph.
Definitely not normal. I'm a heavy user, and by 5pm I'm at 40%

Posted via the Android Central App

Its not always like that , only when i charge phone 3 times.s
today i charged 0-100 and till now i have 40% ( 9AM-11PM)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

or i can empty the battery
Not too many times before ending up with a dead battery that won't hold a charge. Charge at 50% to 40% - NEVER lower than 40%, unless you want to replace the battery before you need to replace the phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

or i can empty the battery
Not too many times before ending up with a dead battery that won't hold a charge. Charge at 50% to 40% - NEVER lower than 40%, unless you want to replace the battery before you need to replace the phone.

BTW, while you're posting screenshots, make sure you post the battery setting page with the mobile signal line on the bottom. It's important. 15% after 5 hours with a solid red bar would be close to a miracle, but some people don't live near towers.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That does not sound normal to me, either. It should not drop that drastically in five hours with normal use.

When did you get this phone? If it's out-of-the-box and under warranty, if a factory reset doesn't solve the battery issue, I would return it and ask your carrier for a replacement.

refaelagronov

May 29, 2016
Visit site

BTW, while you're posting screenshots, make sure you post the battery setting page with the mobile signal line on the bottom. It's important. 15% after 5 hours with a solid red bar would be close to a miracle, but some people don't live near towers.
o

ohh Okay i will try it , and today when i will back i will post screen

That does not sound normal to me, either. It should not drop that drastically in five hours with normal use.

When did you get this phone? If it's out-of-the-box and under warranty, if a factory reset doesn't solve the battery issue, I would return it and ask your carrier for a replacement.

i got it new from box , i unpacked the phone . even if my battery will be bad the carrier will not replace it ( the warranty in israel is so bad , we dont have warranty if our phone will be broke from water ( even its p68) unless u pay 100$/yr

BTW you should probably indicate whether you have the Snapdragon 820 or Exynos 8890 version.

Here in Israel we have only Exy 8890

Gaurav Sag

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

I will suggest you to Try these tips to extend your handset's battery life:

See what's sucking the most juice. ...

Reduce email, Twitter, and Facebook polling. ...

Turn unnecessary hardware radios off. ...

Use the extra power saving mode if you have it. ...
T
rim apps running in the background. ...

Dump unnecessary home screen widgets and live wallpaper.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I will suggest you to Try these tips to extend your handset's battery life:

See what's sucking the most juice. ...

Reduce email, Twitter, and Facebook polling. ...

Turn unnecessary hardware radios off. ...

Use the extra power saving mode if you have it. ...
T
rim apps running in the background. ...

Dump unnecessary home screen widgets and live wallpaper.

Really in that case they'd be better trying to sell and get a phone with a better battery really. You should never have to make a smart device less smart to make it save battery. What's the point in any of the features then? I'm really considering getting rid of mine at this stage.

If so, then it's a massive case of false advertising. 3600mAh when, in effect, all we have is a battery smaller than 2200mAh. They've been getting away with it for years with storage specs too.

htc fan89

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

This is what I'm getting with my exynos version
cbc1773d97f0be64f8832ee423c59a65.jpg
f4bbc80c2db5943212cd68e743bfa63a.jpg

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Really in that case they'd be better trying to sell and get a phone with a better battery really. You should never have to make a smart device less smart to make it save battery. What's the point in any of the features then? I'm really considering getting rid of mine at this stage.

If so, then it's a massive case of false advertising. 3600mAh when, in effect, all we have is a battery smaller than 2200mAh. They've been getting away with it for years with storage specs too.
No. It's true that the phone has 3600mah of power. It's up to you how to use it. Li ion batteries have a limited charge cycle. From 100-0,then 0-100 is a charge cycle. Typically, the batteries have around 600 charge cycles. Good enough for about 2 years of one charge a day before the battery starts to hold lower than the advertised amount of charge. However, not letting it go down to 0 has an exponential effect on the charge cycles. If I remember correctly, not letting it go below 40% (effectively reducing the capacity you have for daily usage yes), allows you to have around two to three times as many charge cycles. Hence the battery lasts longer. It's simply a matter of do you prefer to have the battery last longer between charging, or have it retain full capacity for more than 16-18mos. At around 18mos, it would probably have around 80% of full capacity and would deteriorate further after that.

And rafaela still has not posted her battery graph.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

No. It's true that the phone has 3600mah of power. It's up to you how to use it. Li ion batteries have a limited charge cycle. From 100-0,then 0-100 is a charge cycle. Typically, the batteries have around 600 charge cycles. Good enough for about 2 years of one charge a day before the battery starts to hold lower than the advertised amount of charge. However, not letting it go down to 0 has an exponential effect on the charge cycles. If I remember correctly, not letting it go below 40% (effectively reducing the capacity you have for daily usage yes), allows you to have around two to three times as many charge cycles. Hence the battery lasts longer. It's simply a matter of do you prefer to have the battery last longer between charging, or have it retain full capacity for more than 16-18mos. At around 18mos, it would probably have around 80% of full capacity and would deteriorate further after that.

And rafaela still has not posted her battery graph.

There's just so much bogus info on batteries out there. I don't believe anything out of hand.

For the sake of argument, if this info is true, it makes no sense to me to use such a shortened charge cycle to keep your phone 2-3x longer. It's that important to some people to keep a phone for 4 years that they'll be tied to a charger all that time? To each his or her own, of course, but that's just nuts in my hierarchy of things.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

The key to maximizing battery life is finding the stuff you *don't* want or need and trying to get rid of it as well as you're able (becauser we know that most of that stuff can't just be uninstalled).

It isn't about making a smartphone dumb, it's about disabling features I neither use nor care about. While that list of apps and features will differ from person to person, we all have one. Even if you never disable a thing that's activated on your phone out of the box, you still have stuff you just never use.

Sometimes I do choose function over battery savings. An example is my choice to use the Chrome browser (Chrome Dev actually). I like it's integration with my desktop version of the browser, and so I use that instead of something that would likely save me a bit of juice.

On the other hand, with something like the Facebook app, a notorious resources hog for its entire existence, I save the resources and use the mobile browser to visit FB when I want to do that.

Stuff I don't need at all, I uninstall, disable, or force stop with Greenify (at the moment...jury still out for me on whether Greenify is *really* all that).

Anyway, people can improve battery life without suffering.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

There's just so much bogus info on batteries out there. I don't believe anything out of hand.

For the sake of argument, if this info is true, it makes no sense to me to use such a shortened charge cycle to keep your phone 2-3x longer. It's that important to some people to keep a phone for 4 years that they'll be tied to a charger all that time? To each his or her own, of course, but that's just nuts in my hierarchy of things.
You just need to know where to look and to understand how batteries work to weed out the bogus ones and the truth. Personally I know this info, but I don't really care. I can always get a replacement battery if it ever comes to it. I charge when I feel like I need to. If I'm about to go home in an hour, 30% left in the tank is fine. If I still have to work overnight, I'd fill that up as much as I can.