06-03-2016 05:54 PM
74 123
tools
    Hello i have a problem with my S7 edge ,
    when i unplug from charger its starts with 100% after 2 minutes goes to 97% than after 5 hours its goes 15% is that normal?

Using Location , Mobile Data , Save Power OFF , Sync on , Wifi when i have spot .
    using fast charging .

*sry for the bad english*
    05-29-2016 05:18 AM
    Post the battery graph.
    05-29-2016 05:41 AM
    Sounds pretty normal to me

Posted via the Android Central App
    Eclectech likes this.
    05-29-2016 07:56 AM
    Definitely not normal. I'm a heavy user, and by 5pm I'm at 40%

Xsie and neiljay6 like this.
    05-29-2016 08:01 AM
    Post the SOT and battery graph
    05-29-2016 08:16 AM
    I would first reboot the phone and see if it still happens. But also install GSAM and post a screenshot after the battery is run down.
    05-29-2016 09:13 AM
    I would first reboot the phone and see if it still happens. But also install GSAM and post a screenshot after the battery is run down.
    or i can empty the battery and charge to 100% without touching .

Sounds pretty normal to me

Post the battery graph.
    Definitely not normal. I'm a heavy user, and by 5pm I'm at 40%

Its not always like that , only when i charge phone 3 times.s
    today i charged 0-100 and till now i have 40% ( 9AM-11PM)
    05-29-2016 03:19 PM
    Uhm, so where's the battery graph with the app usage. Nothing you say would have any point without that.
    05-29-2016 04:55 PM
    or i can empty the battery
    Not too many times before ending up with a dead battery that won't hold a charge. Charge at 50% to 40% - NEVER lower than 40%, unless you want to replace the battery before you need to replace the phone.
    05-29-2016 06:07 PM
    or i can empty the battery
    Not too many times before ending up with a dead battery that won't hold a charge. Charge at 50% to 40% - NEVER lower than 40%, unless you want to replace the battery before you need to replace the phone.

BTW, while you're posting screenshots, make sure you post the battery setting page with the mobile signal line on the bottom. It's important. 15% after 5 hours with a solid red bar would be close to a miracle, but some people don't live near towers.
    05-29-2016 06:12 PM
    That does not sound normal to me, either. It should not drop that drastically in five hours with normal use.

When did you get this phone? If it's out-of-the-box and under warranty, if a factory reset doesn't solve the battery issue, I would return it and ask your carrier for a replacement.
    LordAndroid, brad419 and neiljay6 like this.
    05-29-2016 09:02 PM
    BTW you should probably indicate whether you have the Snapdragon 820 or Exynos 8890 version.
    05-29-2016 10:31 PM

BTW, while you're posting screenshots, make sure you post the battery setting page with the mobile signal line on the bottom. It's important. 15% after 5 hours with a solid red bar would be close to a miracle, but some people don't live near towers.
    o

ohh Okay i will try it , and today when i will back i will post screen

That does not sound normal to me, either. It should not drop that drastically in five hours with normal use.

When did you get this phone? If it's out-of-the-box and under warranty, if a factory reset doesn't solve the battery issue, I would return it and ask your carrier for a replacement.
    i got it new from box , i unpacked the phone . even if my battery will be bad the carrier will not replace it ( the warranty in israel is so bad , we dont have warranty if our phone will be broke from water ( even its p68) unless u pay 100$/yr

BTW you should probably indicate whether you have the Snapdragon 820 or Exynos 8890 version.
    Here in Israel we have only Exy 8890
    05-29-2016 11:49 PM
    I will suggest you to Try these tips to extend your handset's battery life:

See what's sucking the most juice. ...

Reduce email, Twitter, and Facebook polling. ...

Turn unnecessary hardware radios off. ...

Use the extra power saving mode if you have it. ...
    T
    rim apps running in the background. ...

Dump unnecessary home screen widgets and live wallpaper.
    05-30-2016 05:18 AM
    I will suggest you to Try these tips to extend your handset's battery life:

See what's sucking the most juice. ...

Reduce email, Twitter, and Facebook polling. ...

Turn unnecessary hardware radios off. ...

Use the extra power saving mode if you have it. ...
    T
    rim apps running in the background. ...

Dump unnecessary home screen widgets and live wallpaper.

Really in that case they'd be better trying to sell and get a phone with a better battery really. You should never have to make a smart device less smart to make it save battery. What's the point in any of the features then? I'm really considering getting rid of mine at this stage.

If so, then it's a massive case of false advertising. 3600mAh when, in effect, all we have is a battery smaller than 2200mAh. They've been getting away with it for years with storage specs too.
    05-30-2016 06:25 AM
    This is what I'm getting with my exynos version
    05-30-2016 06:47 AM
    Really in that case they'd be better trying to sell and get a phone with a better battery really. You should never have to make a smart device less smart to make it save battery. What's the point in any of the features then? I'm really considering getting rid of mine at this stage.

If so, then it's a massive case of false advertising. 3600mAh when, in effect, all we have is a battery smaller than 2200mAh. They've been getting away with it for years with storage specs too.
    No. It's true that the phone has 3600mah of power. It's up to you how to use it. Li ion batteries have a limited charge cycle. From 100-0,then 0-100 is a charge cycle. Typically, the batteries have around 600 charge cycles. Good enough for about 2 years of one charge a day before the battery starts to hold lower than the advertised amount of charge. However, not letting it go down to 0 has an exponential effect on the charge cycles. If I remember correctly, not letting it go below 40% (effectively reducing the capacity you have for daily usage yes), allows you to have around two to three times as many charge cycles. Hence the battery lasts longer. It's simply a matter of do you prefer to have the battery last longer between charging, or have it retain full capacity for more than 16-18mos. At around 18mos, it would probably have around 80% of full capacity and would deteriorate further after that.

And rafaela still has not posted her battery graph.
    05-30-2016 07:09 AM
    No. It's true that the phone has 3600mah of power. It's up to you how to use it. Li ion batteries have a limited charge cycle. From 100-0,then 0-100 is a charge cycle. Typically, the batteries have around 600 charge cycles. Good enough for about 2 years of one charge a day before the battery starts to hold lower than the advertised amount of charge. However, not letting it go down to 0 has an exponential effect on the charge cycles. If I remember correctly, not letting it go below 40% (effectively reducing the capacity you have for daily usage yes), allows you to have around two to three times as many charge cycles. Hence the battery lasts longer. It's simply a matter of do you prefer to have the battery last longer between charging, or have it retain full capacity for more than 16-18mos. At around 18mos, it would probably have around 80% of full capacity and would deteriorate further after that.

And rafaela still has not posted her battery graph.
    There's just so much bogus info on batteries out there. I don't believe anything out of hand.

For the sake of argument, if this info is true, it makes no sense to me to use such a shortened charge cycle to keep your phone 2-3x longer. It's that important to some people to keep a phone for 4 years that they'll be tied to a charger all that time? To each his or her own, of course, but that's just nuts in my hierarchy of things.
    05-30-2016 08:53 AM
    The key to maximizing battery life is finding the stuff you *don't* want or need and trying to get rid of it as well as you're able (becauser we know that most of that stuff can't just be uninstalled).

It isn't about making a smartphone dumb, it's about disabling features I neither use nor care about. While that list of apps and features will differ from person to person, we all have one. Even if you never disable a thing that's activated on your phone out of the box, you still have stuff you just never use.

Sometimes I do choose function over battery savings. An example is my choice to use the Chrome browser (Chrome Dev actually). I like it's integration with my desktop version of the browser, and so I use that instead of something that would likely save me a bit of juice.

On the other hand, with something like the Facebook app, a notorious resources hog for its entire existence, I save the resources and use the mobile browser to visit FB when I want to do that.

Stuff I don't need at all, I uninstall, disable, or force stop with Greenify (at the moment...jury still out for me on whether Greenify is *really* all that).

Anyway, people can improve battery life without suffering.
    05-30-2016 09:02 AM
    There's just so much bogus info on batteries out there. I don't believe anything out of hand.

For the sake of argument, if this info is true, it makes no sense to me to use such a shortened charge cycle to keep your phone 2-3x longer. It's that important to some people to keep a phone for 4 years that they'll be tied to a charger all that time? To each his or her own, of course, but that's just nuts in my hierarchy of things.
    You just need to know where to look and to understand how batteries work to weed out the bogus ones and the truth. Personally I know this info, but I don't really care. I can always get a replacement battery if it ever comes to it. I charge when I feel like I need to. If I'm about to go home in an hour, 30% left in the tank is fine. If I still have to work overnight, I'd fill that up as much as I can.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-30-2016 09:17 AM
    This is what I am getting it is poor battery what can I do
    Attached Thumbnails S7 Edge - Bad Battery Life-1464618033884.jpg   S7 Edge - Bad Battery Life-1464618044866.jpg  
    05-30-2016 09:20 AM
    Stuff I don't need at all, I uninstall, disable, or force stop with Greenify (at the moment...jury still out for me on whether Greenify is *really* all that).
    After a week, my jury returned with a verdict that Greenify is not "all that." Saw no noticeable difference, in fact, seemed like it was draining battery a tiny bit more. Uninstalled.
    05-30-2016 09:22 AM
    This is what I am getting it is poor battery what can I do
    That looks pretty normal.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-30-2016 09:49 AM
    It is not normal I am not getting consistent battery life. Since I factory reset the battery life has been poor lucky to even get 4hr screen on time which before I used to get
    05-30-2016 10:05 AM
    It is not normal I am not getting consistent battery life. Since I factory reset the battery life has been poor lucky to even get 4hr screen on time which before I used to get
    Your mobile signal seems poor which will impact battery life. Looking at the screenshot of your battery life, it appears that you had good battery life until the last hour. Do you play a lot of 3D games or something hard on the battery. You obviously won't get 7 hours of SoT playing games. Post your battery life screenshot in full by hitting capture more after taking a screenshot.

If I extrapolate your battery life based on 59% remaining and 1hr52m, I get 5 hours of SoT, which is not unreasonable at all, based on your individual usage.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-30-2016 10:50 AM
74 123