How to stop the messages app from deleting my texts after 60 sec like snapchat does?

Macky96

May 30, 2016
Visit site
I was asked the question how to stop the from happening but as i dont have a s7 myself i only have a s6 i could not fing the solution. i am not to sure if it is new feature or i am just extra slow today but i tried everything. i even ended up trying the internet and could find anything so now i hope you guys can help. please make it semi short if possible as i need to send it on to my friend via text.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I was asked the question how to stop the from happening but as i dont have a s7 myself i only have a s6 i could not fing the solution. i am not to sure if it is new feature or i am just extra slow today but i tried everything. i even ended up trying the internet and could find anything so now i hope you guys can help. please make it semi short if possible as i need to send it on to my friend via text.

Have you gone into your messaging settings and checked if you have something set to delete old messages if storage is low or something along those lines?
androidpit-samsung-delete-text-messages-w628.jpg

Macky96

May 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes i have tries that but is not the problem. i mean when someone sends me a text as soon as i open it a 60 sec countdown starts and it deletes itself when the countdown reaches 0. the exactly the same thing that snapchat does. but my friend just messaged me and told me you can find it in the contacts section.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What messaging app are you using? I have never ever seen an option in the default messages app that would allow text messages to delete 60 seconds after reading.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes i have tries that but is not the problem. i mean when someone sends me a text as soon as i open it a 60 sec countdown starts and it deletes itself when the countdown reaches 0. the exactly the same thing that snapchat does. but my friend just messaged me and told me you can find it in the contacts section.

I would have to agree. I have never seen the default Android Messaging App have a feature of a 60 second countdown before it deletes your texts. You must be using a 3rd party app.
Please take a screen shot for us of the app open and showing the 60 second countdown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith