Hey all,

I unfortunately got pickpocketed over the weekend and lost my S7edge as a result (somehow the phone made it through Cancun in one piece but the moment I come back it vanishes lol). I have Asurion insurance with ATT and they are sending me a replacement phone that should get here tomorrow. After reading some reviews and what not online the general consensus is that I'm going to be recieiving a refurbrished phone that may have some visible damages/changes on it. Has anyone ever refused the refurbrished one and call them to demand a brand new one instead?
    05-30-2016 12:27 PM
    Unless your phone is less than 2 weeks old, you'll always get a refurb - from anyone. (From Asurion, I believe you get a refurb regardless.) Read the contract - the part about "may be" etc. You agreed to accept a phone that may be refurbished.
    05-30-2016 12:32 PM
    All refurbished I've got from Asurion are in brandnew condition. Also, the phone comes with 90 days warranty. If you have any issues, you can get the warranty replacement again from the carrier directly, not insurance provider.
    05-30-2016 02:25 PM
    I've never gotten a phone that I didn't find acceptable through asurion. So hopefully you'll have the same luck.
    05-30-2016 02:30 PM
    over the years with asurion, ive only received 1 referb, the rest were new, i checked to make sure, even the refurb was in excellent condition, ive had good luck with them so far
    05-30-2016 06:57 PM
    I've had good luck with Asurion with every phone I've had replaced except the iPhone 5C I had to camp on for awhile. They sent me one with a bad battery but immediately replaced that one as well.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    05-30-2016 07:45 PM
    Thanks for the responses everyone! I'm hoping I luck out with Asurion also haha
    05-30-2016 07:57 PM
    Unless your phone is less than 2 weeks old, you'll always get a refurb - from anyone. (From Asurion, I believe you get a refurb regardless.) Read the contract - the part about "may be" etc. You agreed to accept a phone that may be refurbished.
    Nope. My phone was about 2 months old when I cracked the screen. Filed my claim with Asurion and they overnighted me a brand new phone, complete in retail box with cables and everything. I just had to put the damaged phone in the provided padded envelope and drop it in a mailbox.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    05-31-2016 07:21 AM
    I got a new s7edge from them after a rather bad fall. It arrived when they said it was and it is BRAND new. I've never delta with them before let alone actually used my insurance before and I must say I was pleased with my experience

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2016 08:12 AM
    hey all,

i unfortunately got pickpocketed over the weekend and lost my s7edge as a result (somehow the phone made it through cancun in one piece but the moment i come back it vanishes lol). I have asurion insurance with att and they are sending me a replacement phone that should get here tomorrow. After reading some reviews and what not online the general consensus is that i'm going to be recieiving a refurbrished phone that may have some visible damages/changes on it. Has anyone ever refused the refurbrished one and call them to demand a brand new one instead?
    yes same happened to me and assurion told me too bad they don't have any new devices to send. Note: I also had to pay $500
    08-13-2016 01:32 PM
    I got a brand new phone from them and new accessories. Just got it two days ago everything was sealed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2016 04:37 PM