01-12-2018 07:21 AM
40 12
tools
    Have you tried it with the stock theme? I have read a few weird things happening with some themes. If you haven't I would try that just to rule it out. My S7 Edge gets the notifications like it should.
    06-01-2016 04:50 PM
    I know i'm using the stock theme ...
    06-01-2016 06:32 PM
    Yeah, nothing with the stock theme.

Seems to me there just shouldn't be this much margin for features that don't work in one of the "titans" of the phone OS world. But I guess when you have a huge share of the market with only one competitor, you don't have to ensure things work 100%. And the same goes for the engineers at facebook, if the problem truly is on their end. Which I have my doubts about. I've had numerous windows phones and never seen an issue where you just cannot get notifications for arguably the most popular social network app.

Anyway, she's happy with the phone besides this one glaring flaw, so she'll just have to be like what seems to be many other android users and settle for being unable to use all features as they're intended.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    06-01-2016 07:12 PM
    VZW S7 Edge. Get every Facebook notification on my phone. So many of them, in fact, I'm considering turning it off

Can't speculate on why you aren't, but it cetainly isn't a "glaring flaw" with the device.
    stang6790 and SteelyOne like this.
    06-02-2016 08:16 AM
    VZW S7 Edge. Get every Facebook notification on my phone. So many of them, in fact, I'm considering turning it off

Can't speculate on why you aren't, but it cetainly isn't a "glaring flaw" with the device.
    I can be if you're a heavy Facebook user
    06-02-2016 07:39 PM
    I can be if you're a heavy Facebook user
    What he's saying is that it's not the actual S7 model with issues since not all S7's experience problems with Facebook notification.
    love4speechless likes this.
    06-02-2016 07:49 PM
    Got a new s7 edge, notifications are enabled on the app and as well as in the phones settings for facebook but not receiving any notifications for new posts, etc. Any fix for this? Am I missing something somewhere?
    I didnt see a correct reply but the problem i had i finally found out...

My data usage setting were set to not use background data on messenger or facebook.. meaning if the app wasnt open i had no internet to tell me i got a message etc.
    Turnes it off and simple fix
    02-10-2017 06:28 AM
    I can't get it to work, i strongly believe that i need to change fb from system app to user app in order to fix the issue, since fb come pre-installed as system app on my sgs7 edge.
    02-24-2017 07:50 PM
    How do you get the stock theme?
    02-24-2017 09:16 PM
    I had the same problem and already figured out the solution..it's the launcher that i used. I've been using nova launcher coz they said it saves battery..but i found out that i cannot receive notifications unless i purchase the nova prime which i dont want to spend money for..so i switched back to default launcher and receive all notifications including facebook.
    08-02-2017 10:56 PM
    I made an account just so I could leave this comment. I had clean master installed on my Samsung s8 and it was suppressing notifications. Maybe that helps, I don't know.
    11-21-2017 01:09 AM
    I had the same problem and already figured out the solution..it's the launcher that i used. I've been using nova launcher coz they said it saves battery..but i found out that i cannot receive notifications unless i purchase the nova prime which i dont want to spend money for..so i switched back to default launcher and receive all notifications including facebook.
    You receive notifications even if you don't pay for Nova. You just don't have the banners. But you're still supposed to get the notifications in the drop down.
    11-21-2017 11:20 AM
    Had the same problem with my FB Messenger notifications. Figured out that I have blocked notifications completely. If anyone is still looking for a solution, maybe this might help. (I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge)

Settings > Notifications > FB Messenger (or any app) > Toggle ON to turn on notifications.

For more notification settings you can go to Settings > Apps > Application Manager > FB Messenger > Notifications and there you will find other notification settings.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
    12-07-2017 09:09 AM
    Today, I found that facebook notifications work (in my Nexus 6p phone) perfectly fine on startup whilst the phone still loads content. After the phone system is fully load don't get any facebook notifications anymore...

Can someone confirm if this is the case for him/her as well?

Steps to reproduce the scenario:

1. Shut down your device
    2. Ask someone to send you a text message
    3. Start your device
    4. Did you get the notification (banner & sound)?
    5. Please, report here in the forum.
    01-12-2018 12:13 AM
    Guys,

I finally found a solution for my case!

1st step:

I forced stop, cleared cache and uninstalled all facebook related apps from all my devices.

2nd step:

I opened facebook.com through my laptop and:

a. SETTINGS > APPS

Not getting facebook notifications-1.jpg

Click EDIT on the left upper box and select DISABLE PLATFORM

Not getting facebook notifications-2.jpg

Click EDIT on the right upper box and select TURN OFF

Not getting facebook notifications-3.jpg

b. SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS > DESKTOP & MOBILE // NOTIFICATIONS YOU TURNED OFF

Not getting facebook notifications-4.jpg

Turn all of them on

c. Repeat step 2a

Click EDIT on the left upper box and select ENABLE PLATFORM
    Click EDIT on the right upper box and select TURN ON

May some of the steps aren't necessary
    01-12-2018 07:21 AM
40 12