Not getting facebook notifications

BaconDanny

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that's odd. And you have the latest system update? And stock Android, no custom ROM? I've had that App power saving feature from the start and through the updates. Do the rest of you guys have it?

Could it be that it differs between Exynos and Snapdragon version? I have Exynos, which one for you have?

And I don't mean the App optimization option under "more". That's a different feature

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Turn off the battery optimization in BOTH places ("Details" and "More"). I don't use Facebook notifications (I don't feel the need to be notified when I check Facebook daily anyway), but this fixed the notifications problem I had with my two e-mail apps.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you clarify what you mean by system facebook and play store facebook? When we search for facebook in the play store, only one app shows up that IS facebook and it's the one already on the phone, the one that came pre-installed, the one that we can't uninstall. I don't see a "different version" on the play store.

To the folks that have mentioned using chrome instead, even when signed in to facebook in chrome and the browser is "minimized" (sorry for lack of a better word), no notifications come through.

Sorry, you are correct. I got confused with a different device.

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried it with the stock theme? I have read a few weird things happening with some themes. If you haven't I would try that just to rule it out. My S7 Edge gets the notifications like it should.

RanchoBurger

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, nothing with the stock theme.

Seems to me there just shouldn't be this much margin for features that don't work in one of the "titans" of the phone OS world. But I guess when you have a huge share of the market with only one competitor, you don't have to ensure things work 100%. And the same goes for the engineers at facebook, if the problem truly is on their end. Which I have my doubts about. I've had numerous windows phones and never seen an issue where you just cannot get notifications for arguably the most popular social network app.

Anyway, she's happy with the phone besides this one glaring flaw, so she'll just have to be like what seems to be many other android users and settle for being unable to use all features as they're intended.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
VZW S7 Edge. Get every Facebook notification on my phone. So many of them, in fact, I'm considering turning it off

Can't speculate on why you aren't, but it cetainly isn't a "glaring flaw" with the device.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
VZW S7 Edge. Get every Facebook notification on my phone. So many of them, in fact, I'm considering turning it off

Can't speculate on why you aren't, but it cetainly isn't a "glaring flaw" with the device.

I can be if you're a heavy Facebook user

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Got a new s7 edge, notifications are enabled on the app and as well as in the phones settings for facebook but not receiving any notifications for new posts, etc. Any fix for this? Am I missing something somewhere?

I didnt see a correct reply but the problem i had i finally found out...

My data usage setting were set to not use background data on messenger or facebook.. meaning if the app wasnt open i had no internet to tell me i got a message etc.
Turnes it off and simple fix

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaun Pierre Ouasfi

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
I can't get it to work, i strongly believe that i need to change fb from system app to user app in order to fix the issue, since fb come pre-installed as system app on my sgs7 edge.

kawaiiervan_10

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem and already figured out the solution..it's the launcher that i used. I've been using nova launcher coz they said it saves battery..but i found out that i cannot receive notifications unless i purchase the nova prime which i dont want to spend money for..so i switched back to default launcher and receive all notifications including facebook.

lfrostcamilleri

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
I made an account just so I could leave this comment. I had clean master installed on my Samsung s8 and it was suppressing notifications. Maybe that helps, I don't know.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and already figured out the solution..it's the launcher that i used. I've been using nova launcher coz they said it saves battery..but i found out that i cannot receive notifications unless i purchase the nova prime which i dont want to spend money for..so i switched back to default launcher and receive all notifications including facebook.
You receive notifications even if you don't pay for Nova. You just don't have the banners. But you're still supposed to get the notifications in the drop down.

pumpedupkycx

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Had the same problem with my FB Messenger notifications. Figured out that I have blocked notifications completely. If anyone is still looking for a solution, maybe this might help. (I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge)

Settings > Notifications > FB Messenger (or any app) > Toggle ON to turn on notifications.

For more notification settings you can go to Settings > Apps > Application Manager > FB Messenger > Notifications and there you will find other notification settings.

Hope this helps. Thanks. :-*

Jimmaki

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
Today, I found that facebook notifications work (in my Nexus 6p phone) perfectly fine on startup whilst the phone still loads content. After the phone system is fully load don't get any facebook notifications anymore...

Can someone confirm if this is the case for him/her as well?

Steps to reproduce the scenario:

1. Shut down your device
2. Ask someone to send you a text message
3. Start your device
4. Did you get the notification (banner & sound)?
5. Please, report here in the forum.

Jimmaki

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
Guys,

I finally found a solution for my case!

1st step:

I forced stop, cleared cache and uninstalled all facebook related apps from all my devices.

2nd step:

I opened facebook.com through my laptop and:

a. SETTINGS > APPS

1.JPG

Click EDIT on the left upper box and select DISABLE PLATFORM

2.JPG

Click EDIT on the right upper box and select TURN OFF

3.JPG

b. SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS > DESKTOP & MOBILE // NOTIFICATIONS YOU TURNED OFF

4.JPG

Turn all of them on

c. Repeat step 2a