At what percentage % do you charge your battery? (to help your battery lead a longer life)

joe01880

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Lithium ion batteries don't care at what percentage you charge them at. They are not like the older NiCad batteries that would develop a charging memory.
These are different tech. Charge them however you want.
If my phone is sitting idle on my desk or on my coffee table, doesn't matter, I keep it on charger. That way it's ready with a full charge for however long I will be away from a charger when I go out!
Normal usage I get about 15 hours on my phone, it's not a Samsung tho.

Lg G4

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
This is crazy how people think about this so much.. I literally just plus in my phone every night , so I can have a full charge the next day! I have an M8 and this thing is 2 years old. Still gives me 20 hours of battery life.. Granted I don't game or stream much but I'm also not a basic user either. So what's all the fuss about?

Doc Marten

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes because the battery heats up more on fast charging. Heat hastens battery deterioration.

Then perhaps the best time to recharge your battery is above 60% or switch off fast charge as your default mode of charging and only use it when necessary?

Saying that, I've had a Nexus 4 since launch and that's obviously had quite a few charges since then and the battery still lasts as well as it did. I certainly haven't noticed any appreciable difference.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Then perhaps the best time to recharge your battery is above 60% or switch off fast charge as your default mode of charging and only use it when necessary?

Saying that, I've had a Nexus 4 since launch and that's obviously had quite a few charges since then and the battery still lasts as well as it did. I certainly haven't noticed any appreciable difference.
Well if you read my first post on the first page, you'll see that I said the best practice is to just top up the phone every time you can.

Just turn on fast charging during times that you're in a hurry.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Well if you read my first post on the first page, you'll see that I said the best practice is to just top up the phone every time you can.

Just turn on fast charging during times that you're in a hurry.

This is pretty much what I do. Especially since I have a qi charger at work. I just set it down on there whenever I'm not using the phone. Leave work with a full charge, then put it on a wireless charger by my bed at night. I'll usually be at around 70% by the time I go to bed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae