S7E, the Huawei watch, Factory Reset & Battery Life, just FYI...

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had an S7E for about 2 months. The battery has been excellent, but I had noticed that it had dropped slightly over the past 2 weeks or so - I'm being picky, but my usual unplugging at 0730 and back on the charger at 2330 was getting my down to about 35% with 3.5-4hrs SOT, and that had dropped to 20-25%.

I had recently got the Huawei watch, and that initially had a battery drain of 4-5%ph, and had jumped to 5%ph, seemingly at the same time the S7E had dropped off, battery wise.

Anyway, although battery on both was still more than acceptable, I had read somewhere of someone who had bad battery life ever since paring the Huawei watch had solved this by a factory reset of both, and I had a free on Saturday, so set aside a couple of hours to do so and set everything up again. My first full day was yesterday, and I plugged the S7E in last night at 2300 after 16 hours off the charger. I'd used 70% and had already had 5hrs SOT. I had to check, but that's what it said. Also, the HW had used just over 3%ph.

Anyway, this may or may not stay the same, but thought it might be worth posting something in case anyone found it of use, if not only that maybe resetting both units is maybe the better way to go.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been using S7 Edge with Huawei Watch for over 3 weeks now and have not seen any problems or drastic battery drain.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is caused by some other rogue app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been using S7 Edge with Huawei Watch for over 3 weeks now and have not seen any problems or drastic battery drain.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is caused by some other rogue app.

Posted via the Android Central App

You could well be correct, but I did factory resets individually of both the watch and the phone, to no avail. Only when I did both (and then let Google load up all the apps from before) did I get the better performance again.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Huawei watch with the S7e with no issue. I normally end the work day with more than 50% battery left in both.