08-22-2018 07:01 AM
200 ... 23456 ...
tools
    This might be the culprit: Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge OLED Display Technology Shoot-Out.

Apparently, Galaxy S7 features a new characteristic called "Personalized Automatic Brightness Control" which learns different screen brightness settings and adjusts them based on location. I still do not know how to disable it.

My two cents, hope this is a starting point to further findings.

Best!
    09-08-2016 09:54 PM
    Hi, I had the same problem last week.
    Turns out that this is a hardware issue and there is no way you can fix it.
    You have to go on the store where you bought, request a new one and pray for the best.
    Or if you have insurance, you just have to send it to them and they'll give you a new one in a couple of days.
    09-09-2016 04:51 AM
    For all the people who have the dark lines on their phones:

Question 1: do you all have the s7 edge or some of you have the flat version and have same the problem?

Question 2: do you all have the s7 edge dual sim version or some of you have the single sim only and have the same problem?
    09-09-2016 05:58 AM
    I have the very same issue. Only had my phone for a few weeks and it just happened today. I have not dropped it or got it wet or anything it just suddenly changed.
    09-09-2016 08:17 AM
    Try my methods to see if it fixes
    09-09-2016 01:12 PM
    I live in Malaysia and I have the same problem too.
    Mine is Edge, dual sim, bought it in May, in early July it started to have those lines so I took it to the Samsung services center. They replaced the LED screen for me and that resolved to problem for 2 months. The lines appeared on my screen again just last week. I brought it to the Services Center today and they said they would replace the screen with a new one.
    If it happens the third time I think I will ask them for a brand new phone..

I have always been using iPhones, never had any problem at all. I love the new functionalities of Samsung s7 but this just put me off. Can't believe that it is so unreliable.
    09-10-2016 02:35 AM
    Any development yet? Had the same problem since yesterdaaaay. I should have not changed my phone. I was happy with IOS. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    09-11-2016 09:14 AM
    Any development yet? Had the same problem since yesterdaaaay. I should have not changed my phone. I was happy with IOS. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Any news? I experienced this issue for the first time today. I have the s7 edge exynos 8890 octacore with sd adapter model sm-g935w8 roughly 4 months old. When on full bright or completely dimmed, no bars. But anywhere inbetween, I get the bars. The dimmer it is the wider the bars. Full reset has yeilded no difference. It gets rather warm when it's happening but I could be crazy. Always in a case, never dropped or encountered moisture despite being touted as waterproof ip68. I even paid the $100 for the Samsung wireless charger which charges overnight. My phone is set to automatically restart every Monday at 3am so it is rebooted regularily. I contacted Samsung and they gave me a reference number and nearby authorized repair center. So I suppose we will see how that goes.
    09-11-2016 06:56 PM
    So to sum it all up does changing the screen fix the issue is it a screen issue or a graphi chip issue. thanks
    09-13-2016 09:05 PM
    So to sum it all up does changing the screen fix the issue is it a screen issue or a graphi chip issue. thanks
    Will find out what they did when I get my phone back in a few weeks. I presume new chip as they screen itself is doing what it is told to do
    09-13-2016 09:54 PM
    Samsung in my country says it is the display! even though i wouldn't go as far as confirming it.
    09-14-2016 07:52 AM
    I have the same exact thing. Phone purchased in April, started two days ago. Does not matter what brightness I am on (or auto), but I usually run on high brightness. It will go away for flashes, no pattern such as heat, usage, app I'm using.

Samsung help!

Oh yea, only started after software update last week.
    09-14-2016 03:28 PM
    Interesting about the software update. Mine didn't have one that I recall. But my carrier is slow to push updates. 6.0.1?
    09-14-2016 03:40 PM
    Guys this issue is a hardware defect in the screen and nothing else.
    It has nothing to do with a software update.
    It happened to me before I apply any software updates to my s7 edge.
    The only solution is to have a replacement.
    I've sent mine back to replacement.
    09-14-2016 08:17 PM
    See. I disagree. The scren is doing what it is told to do. And responds perfectly otherwise. It dims in quadrants rather than the whole screen. While I doubt it is software related it could be a chip issue. If it was simply the screen Samsung will not replace the phone rather they will replace the screen. So if they are infact replacing the phone then it cannot be just the screen. When I get mone back, I will ask what the actual issue was.
    09-14-2016 08:53 PM
    Hi all,

so I have been desperately trying to look EVERYWHERE on the internet about my problem and I have had zero luck, so hopefully someone on here can lead me in the right direction.

At the more towards end of April I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge, I was really excited about it sense I have been an avid iPhone user and I wasn't happy at all w/ my iPhone 6 Plus. (I digress) Everything was working perfectly... until about 2 weeks ago.

As I was using my Facebook app, my phone froze for only 3 seconds (first time the phone even froze at all on me) and then right after that I saw I had these thick, dark, 'translucent' lines across my phone screen and it only works when I have the phone turned on full brightness and they only show up when I'm trying to change the brightness setting.

Side note: I HATE having my phone on full brightness (O_O like holy shet I'm blind yo).

I thought it was odd so I rebooted the phone, and they were still there, I started to panic a bit as it was a new phone but I was way past the 15 return policy.

So basically my question is: Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you have to do? Where you able to fix it yourself or did you have to take it in to your mobile phone carrier's store? Or did you have to talk to Samsung?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you
    I Had The Same Issue I Switched from AMOLED To Basic Resolution That Fixed
    The Issue Pale Washed Out But No Grey Lines
    09-15-2016 11:18 AM
    So it's the graphic chip that ovehearts and causes the display issue. So most prob both are f****.
    09-16-2016 07:59 PM
    changing the screen is a temporary solution, there is a person who got the screen replaced and went back to the problem not long after. That's what i gathered across the internet.
    09-16-2016 08:00 PM
    I have he same problem too... I just had my new s7edge 3 weeks ago.
    I had the sme prblm,my mobile was 2 weeks old
    09-19-2016 10:31 PM
    My 7edge did this almost immediately after I got it and I thought I could live with it. 2 Weeks ago it started blinking and green and pink lines showed up. The screen went totally green, and I called Sprint for help, which was very foolish, because they do not help with much. I ended up sending it to Samsung for repair as it is still under warranty, and they fixed it. The phone is now on the way back from Texas, and the explanation of repair that I got is this;
    "Original Problem:
    SCREEN / DISPLAY - LCD / TOUCH PANEL / LED - LCD DISCOLORATION

Problem found:
    LCD BLANK/SEG. MISSING/LINES

Solution:
    REPLACED LCD"

I hope this helps you.
    09-20-2016 07:01 AM
    I just started having this issue today: Screen shot is clean = NO lines .. this will be my 5th Warranty exchange in the last 4 months!! all had screen issues 1. Burn in with icons 2 times 2. Thin black lines racing across screen like OLD black and white movies 2 times 3. NOW this with the dark lines horizontally across .. Hold times+ New 5$ warranty exchange cost + replaced screen protectors = PISSED OFF!! / Wife got same phone at same time = NO issues!!! I guess I chose the wrong box to open!
    09-21-2016 05:33 PM
    Hey guys i had the same problem after having my smashed camera lens fixed. I had heard of the phone being so waterproof that it overheats the phone so naturaly i took the case of to feel how hot it was and the thing was boiling about 5 mins after taking the phone out of the case it was a lot cooler and the three lines problem had been fixed! So it seems it was an overheating error.

So in conclution take your case of of the phone and it should stop. If that does not however i would recomend breaking the lens carefully so that the phone can cool down. But bare in mind that will stop it from being water proof

Hope this helped : )
    09-22-2016 12:58 PM
    Hey guys i had the same problem after having my smashed camera lens fixed. I had heard of the phone being so waterproof that it overheats the phone so naturaly i took the case of to feel how hot it was and the thing was boiling about 5 mins after taking the phone out of the case it was a lot cooler and the three lines problem had been fixed! So it seems it was an overheating error.

So in conclution take your case of of the phone and it should stop. If that does not however i would recomend breaking the lens carefully so that the phone can cool down. But bare in mind that will stop it from being water proof

Hope this helped : )
    Seriously? ๐Ÿ˜†
    09-22-2016 01:34 PM
    An update. Got my s7 edge back from a samsung authorized repair center. They did not have to send it to Samsung. They replaced the back glass, the lcd panel and the audio receiver. Not sure why the audio receiver and back glass unless they damaged it in the process. But issue now seems resolved.
    09-23-2016 12:45 PM
    @all : guys i have the same problem almost like 2 months already. And can not have a samsung waranty becaue i bought it ffom other country when on vacation .and because the waranty is not international . I can't have the lcd replacement. So i just live with it until today..but something strange happen this morning. I just realized my transcullent black lines completely gone by itself. I will update it for you guys again another weeks to see if it come backs or not.
    Hope it is allright now.
    09-23-2016 05:57 PM
200 ... 23456 ...