03-02-2018 10:40 AM
198 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Hi all,

so I have been desperately trying to look EVERYWHERE on the internet about my problem and I have had zero luck, so hopefully someone on here can lead me in the right direction.

At the more towards end of April I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge, I was really excited about it sense I have been an avid iPhone user and I wasn't happy at all w/ my iPhone 6 Plus. (I digress) Everything was working perfectly... until about 2 weeks ago.

As I was using my Facebook app, my phone froze for only 3 seconds (first time the phone even froze at all on me) and then right after that I saw I had these thick, dark, 'translucent' lines across my phone screen and it only works when I have the phone turned on full brightness and they only show up when I'm trying to change the brightness setting.

Side note: I HATE having my phone on full brightness (O_O like holy shet I'm blind yo).

I thought it was odd so I rebooted the phone, and they were still there, I started to panic a bit as it was a new phone but I was way past the 15 return policy.

So basically my question is: Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you have to do? Where you able to fix it yourself or did you have to take it in to your mobile phone carrier's store? Or did you have to talk to Samsung?

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you

I know how to fix this, I was searching for a while and found nothing, I tried doing things I thought would work like changing brightness and other thing. I accidently pressed auto next to where you change your brightness and the brightness changed. I put it back up to full with the auto box still ticked. Surprisingly the black lines were gone.

I hope this helped.

From
    Unidentified 12 year old boy
    09-24-2016 12:20 PM
    Can you post a pic of the lines?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Same problem i don't know what to do because my phone is like 2 months old...
    09-25-2016 09:57 AM
    But its still there when i lower the brightness
    09-25-2016 10:00 AM
    @all ; as i promised after a week i will give the report. As now my edge s 7 screen is totally fine . The darknline were gone a week ago. I will tell the story here. Hope it helps. I bought this edge s7 in may 2016 while on vacation. And on end of june my phone suddenly gone black and i have to do soft reset. And after that a few days later the dark lines is coming on screen when i change brightness. And because it bought in other country i can't repaired it in my country samsung. So i just use it like usually . And suddenly a week ago on end of september the dark line is gone by itself till now. Hope its all better and not coming back.
    09-30-2016 12:53 AM
    I have the same problem with my Galaxy s7 edge and i have ship it to SS center and wait for 10 business day and after that i call them they don't have any info they have to transfer me to other department. Believe it or not it take years for agent to answer my call and told me that your phone is not fixed coz i have replace my screen coz it cracked !!! They have all my info but they never contact me why? So it will be my last Samsung product in my family. Expensive phone stylist but service are totally speechless.

Any recommended other brand ?
    mostly like to take a pic and listen to music.
    Thanks
    LucasPug
    09-30-2016 07:00 PM
    I have the same problem with my Galaxy s7 edge and i have ship it to SS center and wait for 10 business day and after that i call them they don't have any info they have to transfer me to other department. Believe it or not it take years for agent to answer my call and told me that your phone is not fixed coz i have replace my screen coz it cracked !!! They have all my info but they never contact me why? So it will be my last Samsung product in my family. Expensive phone stylist but service are totally speechless.

Any recommended other brand ?
    mostly like to take a pic and listen to music.
    Thanks
    LucasPug
    I bet iphone will be the best alternative.
    10-01-2016 08:22 AM
    same happened with me, suddenly fat grey lines started appearing on screen
    10-02-2016 06:44 AM
    Hi,

I had the same issue also, was this a software problem? did Samsung already release an update to fix this issue? I just bought my phone last Saturday (July 2) and this issue suddenly appear. Hope someone can help or idea to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.
    My S7 edge fixed itself yesterday, i'd had the same problem
    10-05-2016 04:11 AM
    Hi All,
    I have the same problem with my brand new S7 edge and sent my phone to Samsung on Sept 16th and it is still not returned. I guess I should have bought a iphone 6s instead.
    Azwan Anwar likes this.
    10-05-2016 08:11 AM
    I had the same problem. Samsung customer care admitted that it is due to a hardware fault. They submitted my phone on 5th October, replaced the screen and gave my phone back on 6th October.
    Really great service.
    10-06-2016 10:35 AM
    Im having same issues.

Bought phone end of may an all of the sudden got stripes. Absolutely same as you. Only gone at full brighteness.

Im gussing whats wrong so phone must go to repair shop.

Im not happy camper

Hi all,

so I have been desperately trying to look EVERYWHERE on the internet about my problem and I have had zero luck, so hopefully someone on here can lead me in the right direction.

At the more towards end of April I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge, I was really excited about it sense I have been an avid iPhone user and I wasn't happy at all w/ my iPhone 6 Plus. (I digress) Everything was working perfectly... until about 2 weeks ago.

As I was using my Facebook app, my phone froze for only 3 seconds (first time the phone even froze at all on me) and then right after that I saw I had these thick, dark, 'translucent' lines across my phone screen and it only works when I have the phone turned on full brightness and they only show up when I'm trying to change the brightness setting.

Side note: I HATE having my phone on full brightness (O_O like holy shet I'm blind yo).

I thought it was odd so I rebooted the phone, and they were still there, I started to panic a bit as it was a new phone but I was way past the 15 return policy.

So basically my question is: Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you have to do? Where you able to fix it yourself or did you have to take it in to your mobile phone carrier's store? Or did you have to talk to Samsung?

Thank you
    10-08-2016 07:37 PM
    I am in Thailand. This problem happened to my 4months old S7e too.
    Samsung agreed to give me a new phone. but after 14days during my 3weeks waiting for a new phone, this problem just disappear!!!
    Anyway I will change a new phone with Samsung.
    10-09-2016 09:14 AM
    After 4 weeks of purchasing Galaxy s7 edge I have experienced same problem, and I have found a solution. It is a kind of workaround, but it works. Normally, I would send phone to Samsung to fix it, but I am so busy person that I do not have time for this, and smartphone is my working area, two weeks without it is a nightmare.

As you probably now, if you change the brightness to 100% it works fine, you do not see black/grey stripes, so what I did, I have used Twilight application to change screen settings. So in the system I have 100% brightness, and in the application I have following settings (sorry it is in Polish, but I believe everyone will figure out the settings):

With this configuration it works perfectly fine, and you will not notice something wrong is with the screen. Of course this solution is only for few weeks, because you still have broken phone, which finally needs to to be fixed by Samsung.

To be honest with you, Samsung for me is now going only for money, nothing else. What happened with Galaxy Note 7, they wanted to earn as much as the could, but finally the lost. What I think... Karma exist and Samsung noticed that.
    Attached Thumbnails Darker 'translucent' Lines When I Change Brightness On My Galaxy S7 Edge-screenshot_20161016-002923.jpg  
    10-15-2016 05:43 PM
    @all : guys i have the same problem almost like 2 months already. And can not have a samsung waranty becaue i bought it ffom other country when on vacation .and because the waranty is not international . I can't have the lcd replacement. So i just live with it until today..but something strange happen this morning. I just realized my transcullent black lines completely gone by itself. I will update it for you guys again another weeks to see if it come backs or not.
    Hope it is allright now.
    Hi, i have same thing happned to me, dark and light lines across the screen and as i brought my samsung from other country i have to pay for screen replacement and i was ready but there is shortage of screen for s7 edge and mine was left in service center for 1 month and after 1 month they told if you brought from here you will get replacement but your mobile is from other country so you cant get replacemebt and we dont have screen at present so i had to take back my mobile and surprisingly problem was gone so i would like to know that your problem cane back or not?
    10-20-2016 01:36 PM
    Im having same issues.

Bought phone end of may an all of the sudden got stripes. Absolutely same as you. Only gone at full brighteness.

Im gussing whats wrong so phone must go to repair shop.

Im not happy camper
    10-21-2016 12:51 AM
    Hi all,

Thank you
    I have no info, but the same thing happened to me at 17 days ownership. I have insurance and will see what happens at verizon.
    10-22-2016 03:00 PM
    Hi
    i have the very same issue. Only had my phone for a few weeks and it just happened today. I have not dropped it or got it wet or anything it just suddenly changed.Attachment 229369

Any help would be much appreciated.
    That would drive me nuts. That looks like a warranty exchange issue
    10-23-2016 05:07 AM
    Thought I'd just add to this forum my 3 week old s7 edge has just started doing this resetting doesn't help changing the settings doesn't help. Does anyone know how to fix the problem or does the phone need to be sent away?
    10-23-2016 08:43 PM
    I have my second S7 edge in 6 months! The first one's screen just went all white and Samsung replaced it. Yesterday, I got the screen with exactly the pictures posted in this topic.

I tried to think of what changed in the past few days and I had an Android update and I encrypted the microSD card (phone is already encrypted). I obviously tried restarting, playing around with brightness controls, etc. all to no avail.

Since I cannot uninstall the latest update (I think) without going for a full factory reset, I thought of decrypting the microSD card again, in case the phone is using extra resources (?)

After the decrypting process was over I restarted the phone and the lines disappeared

I have a feeling that this is just a coincidence, but thought I could share this just in case it helps anyone else
    10-27-2016 06:47 AM
    yes i also have the same problem. one month back during my visit to UAE i purchased an s7edge with lot of expectation. after came back to india with in 10 day the screen showing grey lines. i contacted the service center they were saying it is very common for s7 edge and needs to be replaced witch cost 14k. i sent it back to UAE through my friend and given it to the service center at sherafDG. after three weeks no response till date. my friend told me that there were several sets with same problem given there. they were given a samsung privilage card. that doesnt have the value of even a paper.
    10-27-2016 02:07 PM
    I'm having same problem.. Just picked my phone yesterday and I noticed the lines.. No water no drop.. About month old phone with this critical issue.. Thank God I didn't root my phone yet.. Have full insurance.. See what will that do :3
    10-30-2016 01:18 AM
    Hi to all! I have same problem 3 days ago. Amd i was so disappointed. What i do is day after, i went to the shop where i bought it and they said it is still umder ther warranty coz its just 6 months since i boight it. But i get sad coz i need to hand them my mobole for 15days. And i cannot do that. Coz they told me everything will be erased. Amd i dont have another phone to transfer the daata and files so i decided not to give for repair. I went home and usualy place my mobile behind my pillow so when alarm come i can hear quickly. Middle of the night i woked up and checked the te on my mobile. And i feel likey mobile is hot and only 5% so what i do is i charge it but for 15mims it doesnt charged well it become 4% and getting more hot. I have a leather case that im using its free from where i bought the mobile. I try to remove the leather case and charge. After 2 hours it gets full charge. Not hot. And the lines disappear. I try yo dim and full the light of my mobile and nothing seems to appear for this line. I get soo happy. Try this. Maybe u guys have non-veltilated case. Remove it and free ur mobile. Hope it will help u
    10-31-2016 11:30 PM
    Hi all,

Thank you
    I totally removed my screen unhooking all the grips and placed it back it worked for me. All the lines are gone.
    11-01-2016 03:23 AM
    Ok ppl. I have a temporary fix for you it involves downloading 2 apps. Mines been doing the darker horizontal translucent lines for a while. Its all well and good when auto brightness is set to full, but not at night.... Burns the retinas. Ok. Firstly its caused because samsung made a waterproof phone with no air vents on the s7 edge, whats happened is at some point your phone overheated (mine sitting in the cradle on the window driving to brisbane in the sun), your graphics chip is fried partically. What Ive read its quite common obvious if you are in this forum. In an ideal world we'd all have samsung repair dealers nearby but i dont, they want me to be without my phone for 4 to 6 weeks and send it off in a sachel, nah. I'll wait till Im in a city with a repair dealer nearby. Whats annoying is during the day you can deal with auto on full (apart from battery usage until u walk inside then you get them bloody shaded lines again and have to turn your brightness up again until another changing in room light. Ok before I tell u all my fix, and it works, i must warn u to follow my instructions carefully, because u could end up not being able to see your screen if u dont remember the number 30 is minimum with the first app ill tell u about.... the first app to download is lower brightness... do not put it any less than 30 because if all else fails and your brightness goes right down you can find a dark closet and adjust you normal fone brightness to full from your notification screen. To prevent this changing all the time and so auto brightness can stay on all the time and act as though the box in auto brightness isnt ticked, although it is in the notification bar... download an app called brighness control, set everything to 100, put the widget on your screen in a position you will remember where it is, just in case anything goes wrong with the first app i told u about.
    I hope Ive helped you all out. With these 2 apps you can leave the normal brightness on full on auto and control it through the app lower brightness which will be located on the notification pull down screen. If your like me and leave your phone on all the time and charge before the battery runs out, this is a set and forget process. Im laying in bed in the dark right now telling you all what ive learnt through trial and error and not burning my retinas out or seeing any imperfections in my screen.
    You are all welcome
    11-01-2016 09:49 AM
    I found a fix. Involves 2 apps. See the last comment on page 5
    11-01-2016 05:40 PM
198 ... 34567 ...