Otterbox to the Rescue; DEFENDER Cometh!

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine today:

f2e9f139943b359103b358d76d9e7a5e.jpg

It comes with a built-in screen protector. I confirmed this with Otterbox when I ordered mine.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Very Nice, have to check this out.

It sounds good. But if you read the Q/A on Otterbox's website, someone asked, " Does this have a built in screen protector?" The reply paraphrased was "yes it does, it has an included adhesive screen protector." Which is contradictory to what the customer service rep said over the phone.

Someone is wrong...lets hope it's the Q/A guy/gal that's wrong. Because I am not sure the Defender with an adhesive screen protector would be much different than what I have now, which is a Commuter and Xtremeguard screen protector.

I will "play it by ear," or wait and see.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Otterbox again, the rep chatted with a supervisor, it has been confirmed that the screen protector is built in, like all other Defender cases, and not a separate adhesive that customers have to apply.

I feel good again about the case. 👍

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, I like Defenders although I don't like their built in screen protectors, I usually rip them out. I'll most likely get this

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, I like Defenders although I don't like their built in screen protectors, I usually rip them out. I'll most likely get this

Yes, I hear you. Seems like it is hit or miss on the phone, where the built in protector is good or not.

On my Galaxy S4 and S6, and my brothers iPhone 6S Plus's Defender built in protector was awesome, and you hardly know it's there.

My iPhone 6 Plus's and Droid Turbo's Defender each had a terrible built in screen protector, which I took off and used my own.

Like I said, it's hit or miss on the phone.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I hear you. Seems like it is hit or miss on the phone, where the built in protector is good or not.

On my Galaxy S4 and S6, and my brothers iPhone 6S Plus's Defender built in protector was awesome, and you hardly know it's there.

My iPhone 6 Plus's and Droid Turbo's Defender each had a terrible built in screen protector, which I took off and used my own.

Like I said, it's hit or miss on the phone.

The thing that drives me nuts is that dust and lint gets under the screen protector, if they could fix that (seal in the screen protector) that would be awesome

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Since it looks like the Zagg glass screen protector is a bust, I'm eagerly awaiting reviews of this case - especially the quality of the built-in screen protector and how it's implemented. In the past, some Defenders had good screen protectors and some you would just rip out.

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Since it looks like the Zagg glass screen protector is a bust, I'm eagerly awaiting reviews of this case - especially the quality of the built-in screen protector and how it's implemented. In the past, some Defenders had good screen protectors and some you would just rip out.

Posted via the Android Central App on the edge

Anybody have pics of this thing in real life??

Posted via the Android Central App

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Any updates on this case?
Just picked one up today. After ordering a couple of glass screen protectors off of Amazon and not being happy, I just bought the Defender instead.

The case is awesome! Good grip and protection.....and yes it does have a built in screen protector.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just picked one up today. After ordering a couple of glass screen protectors off of Amazon and not being happy, I just bought the Defender instead.

The case is awesome! Good grip and protection.....and yes it does have a built in screen protector.

Can you please post some "Real" pictures of this case?

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Here are a couple of quick pics I snapped with the Tab s2.

As you can see in the last pic, it definitely has a screen protector which collects a lot of dust lol!
81528fdd8a8874a9e3ab470bc561988e.jpg

5f5ca849567f84501c6ce0acce74e154.jpg

c0d06c23a00c08caba328b9790dfb342.jpg

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I broke down and got an s7 edge t verizon today. Went to best buy straight from verizon to look for a case and was surprised to see the defender!!

My quick review is this.. fit is great, looks great, the screen cover does make typing and activating the edge screen a little tougher, but not too bad.

Im still waiting for the note7, but this will give me a month to see if i like the edge screen, having a defender will help w my decision a lot!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12