09-07-2017 10:14 PM
67 123
tools
    That just means the Bluetooth on your LG is not UHQ compliant. The ones on Samsung Level bluetooth headsets are UHQ compliant and reviewers say the music quality difference is quite significant. I'm using wired ones (Coloud No. 4) and it's really quite noticeable when you have UHQ on or off.
    OK . Thanks
    12-31-2016 11:39 PM
    I tried to do it with the head set on but it's still greyed out.
    Really? I don't remember it ever being greyed out on my AT&T S7e.
    01-01-2017 06:35 AM
    Really? I don't remember it ever being greyed out on my AT&T S7e.
    It's greyed out on my Sprint S7e if headphones or headset aren't attached and the menu has the following text:

"Some of the sound effects are only available while headphones or a compatible Bluetooth headset is connected."
    01-01-2017 11:06 AM
    I have had every Samsung Smartphone since the first Galaxy Epic on Sprint. All of them had had great sound quality compared to other smartphones on the market including the iphone.

Yesterday after much anticipation I got a Galaxy S7 Edge and to my surprise it sound quality is awful. I am using nice $300 headphone and the phone sounds worst than an iphone. I have tried the Samsung audio app, PowerAmp, and other third party apps and the music sounds flat and lifeless and distorts.

Is this just my particular device or are other people experiencing the same audio quality.

I "upgraded" from a Note 5 which I consider a fantastic phone.
    I'm not disappointed because it's got a regular stock player in it, nothing special . Thats why I bought a ZTE axon 7. For its audio. It's got true hifi dacs, and dolby atmos. Awsume sound. But I quickly realized how close to the S7 edge it really is. Its now my daily driver.
    01-01-2017 04:26 PM
    When I had the S7E I was surprisingly pleased with the audio with the UHQ enabled. It delivered what was, subjectively, a very robust sound to my Bose QC25's and my Grado SR325i (neither can great by audiophile standards, but not embarrassingly bad either).
    01-01-2017 08:22 PM
    Yes, I am also dissapointed on this area. I used Apple phone before this, So i can clearly see the difference.

1. Cheap ear phones.
    2. Applifiers are not at all good

I generally connect phone to home theater system, if i connect my edge 7 to it, it plays like a cheap radio

Trying to install PowenAmp app now.
    01-04-2017 06:01 AM
    I had a Lumia 930 before it, and my feeling is that the sound quality of S7 Edge is worst than my old 930's. Used the same music with the same headphone.
    meathead88 likes this.
    02-23-2017 05:15 PM
    How do you enable the upscaler? Mine is greyed out and it won't let me turn it on. I did set up the adaptive sound though and it made a huge difference as well.
    Try picking entertainment mode on the phone then it should be on by default.
    02-24-2017 09:09 AM
    02-25-2017 11:09 AM
    Sadly Exynos version isn't better at all... Compared to my old Lumia 930, the audio is weak, powerless, etc... Somewhat managed to pull out a bit better sound with high-quality music files and headphones with lower ohms. I feel S7 Edge is an overhyped junk.
    03-02-2017 06:00 AM
    FlyHigh365
    Are you some kind of producer or sound engineer or something?
    Why would he have to be any of that to be able to tell good audio from bad and demand the good? I personally had both an iphone 5 and a galaxy s4 at the same time and had the chance to compare. the iphone blew the samsung away in audio quality, no need to measure anything, the difference was noticeable just by listening.
    03-19-2017 03:35 PM
    I bought the S7 edge and the sound was cheap and inferior. I couldn't believe my ears! I took the phone back super dissatisfied! I reactivated my S6 edge and the sound was to perfection again! Until I did the STUPID nougat 7 update on my S6 edge, it turned my S6 edge into a S7 edge in terms of sound quality! It completely RUINED MY SOUND! I'm very tech savvy so I don't take kindly to advise about my headphones or apps. I have high quality headphones and I have Poweramp. It's the Nougat 7 update ok! I've tried to get back the 6.0 update but they deleted it. Somebody please help!
    04-24-2017 09:29 PM
    I already knew that, doesn't make a bit of difference. The sound quality that Samsung has now is unbelievably cheap and inferior. I've done the best I can and no matter what I do, the sound is still pathetic and turns any device into a generic piece of crap! Way to go Samsung idiots!
    04-24-2017 09:40 PM
    I bought the S7 edge and the sound was cheap and inferior. I couldn't believe my ears! I took the phone back super dissatisfied! I reactivated my S6 edge and the sound was to perfection again! Until I did the STUPID nougat 7 update on my S6 edge, it turned my S6 edge into a S7 edge in terms of sound quality! It completely RUINED MY SOUND! I'm very tech savvy so I don't take kindly to advise about my headphones or apps. I have high quality headphones and I have Poweramp. It's the Nougat 7 update ok! I've tried to get back the 6.0 update but they deleted it. Somebody please help!
    Did you look over here for the 6.0 firmware? --

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
    04-24-2017 10:12 PM
    I already knew that, doesn't make a bit of difference. The sound quality that Samsung has now is unbelievably cheap and inferior. I've done the best I can and no matter what I do, the sound is still pathetic and turns any device into a generic piece of crap! Way to go Samsung idiots!
    You see this thread over at the Samsung forums on this? I'm having sound issues as well and I think this thread may be on to something. Not a solution, but may be getting to a root cause.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...p/53429#M13271
    05-25-2017 08:56 AM
    The problem I've been having is when I plug my phone into my car. On both Spotify and I heart radio, there's this static in the background. I did not have this with my last phone, and it's driving me crazy.
    Anyone else having this problem? And if so, were you able to resolve the issue, and how?
    I do.
    Do by chance have a fitness band connected via Bluetooth to your phone as well?
    05-25-2017 09:12 AM
    Well i have the Snapdragon version...and im using RHA M750i earphones..sound is
    well acceptable at 70% is the sweetspot for me. Also depends on the files that you are
    playing. When listening to FLAC i can hear a more punchier bass and clear vocals. But
    when listening to MP3 at 300kbps sounds a little distorted. But overall would rate
    Snapdragon DAC 7/10...Haven't tried the Exynos version though.
    09-07-2017 10:14 PM
67 123