Anyone else unhappy with the audio quality of the Galaxy S7 Edge?

1234dalle

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
FlyHigh365
Are you some kind of producer or sound engineer or something?

Why would he have to be any of that to be able to tell good audio from bad and demand the good? I personally had both an iphone 5 and a galaxy s4 at the same time and had the chance to compare. the iphone blew the samsung away in audio quality, no need to measure anything, the difference was noticeable just by listening.

Java Man23

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I bought the S7 edge and the sound was cheap and inferior. I couldn't believe my ears! I took the phone back super dissatisfied! I reactivated my S6 edge and the sound was to perfection again! Until I did the STUPID nougat 7 update on my S6 edge, it turned my S6 edge into a S7 edge in terms of sound quality! It completely RUINED MY SOUND! I'm very tech savvy so I don't take kindly to advise about my headphones or apps. I have high quality headphones and I have Poweramp. It's the Nougat 7 update ok! I've tried to get back the 6.0 update but they deleted it. Somebody please help!

Java Man23

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I already knew that, doesn't make a bit of difference. The sound quality that Samsung has now is unbelievably cheap and inferior. I've done the best I can and no matter what I do, the sound is still pathetic and turns any device into a generic piece of crap! Way to go Samsung idiots!

Last edited:

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought the S7 edge and the sound was cheap and inferior. I couldn't believe my ears! I took the phone back super dissatisfied! I reactivated my S6 edge and the sound was to perfection again! Until I did the STUPID nougat 7 update on my S6 edge, it turned my S6 edge into a S7 edge in terms of sound quality! It completely RUINED MY SOUND! I'm very tech savvy so I don't take kindly to advise about my headphones or apps. I have high quality headphones and I have Poweramp. It's the Nougat 7 update ok! I've tried to get back the 6.0 update but they deleted it. Somebody please help!

Did you look over here for the 6.0 firmware? --

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

meathead88

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
I already knew that, doesn't make a bit of difference. The sound quality that Samsung has now is unbelievably cheap and inferior. I've done the best I can and no matter what I do, the sound is still pathetic and turns any device into a generic piece of crap! Way to go Samsung idiots!

You see this thread over at the Samsung forums on this? I'm having sound issues as well and I think this thread may be on to something. Not a solution, but may be getting to a root cause.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/S7-edge-bad-bluetooth-audio-quality-with-connected-wearables/m-p/53429#M13271

meathead88

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
The problem I've been having is when I plug my phone into my car. On both Spotify and I heart radio, there's this static in the background. I did not have this with my last phone, and it's driving me crazy.
Anyone else having this problem? And if so, were you able to resolve the issue, and how?
I do.
Do by chance have a fitness band connected via Bluetooth to your phone as well?

bedscenez

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Well i have the Snapdragon version...and im using RHA M750i earphones..sound is
well acceptable at 70% is the sweetspot for me. Also depends on the files that you are
playing. When listening to FLAC i can hear a more punchier bass and clear vocals. But
when listening to MP3 at 300kbps sounds a little distorted. But overall would rate
Snapdragon DAC 7/10...Haven't tried the Exynos version though.