Fingerprint not recognised on S7 Edge

mirella green

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Help! I have only had this phone for a couple of hours and I am already about to destroy it in frustration. It simply won't recognise my fingerprint, it did at first then it upgraded some stuff now I can't get into it again. I currently have to wait an hour before I can try again, I have set a 4 digit password but it's not giving me the option to enter it. I suppose it doesn't help that this is my first samsung/android phone for many years so I'm not that familiar with it. Lets hope it makes it through the night, at this rate it may not!

Thanks

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
When you set up your fingerprint, you didn't "swipe" your finger across the reader, correct? That's a common reason for fingerprint failure.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Once enough failed attempts have occurred then it won't even let you enter a pass code.

If you only did one set of fingerprint scans to record, it doesn't work well. If you enter all scans with both thumbs you have a better chance at it being recognized.

It is very touchy and the slightest change can cause issues (fingers being wet or even recently washed, any food debris, etc on your fingers, too much smudge on the home button).

I just installed the latest good lock app from the Samsung app store and I swear it is registering fingerprints much better with this lockscreen.

Posted via the Android Central App

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
When you entered the fingerprint, you should have tried registering a little angled to the side, a little above and all that scenarios where the finger isn't perfectly aligned with the scanner.

mirella green

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks and if I ever manage to get into the phone I'll bear all your advice in mind. In the meantime can anyone tell me how to get into my phone?????

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
When it allows you to enter the fingerprint, instead entering it, swipe the screen to reveal the pin code entry. Alternatively you can reset the passcode through Find My Mobile or Android Device Manager.

mirella green

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thankyouthankyouthankyou As I said I have not had a samsung phone for many years, so am at ***** level when dealing with it. Now deleted fingerprint and it might be a while before I have the confidence re-enter it.
Thanks again, you have saved the life of a phone today.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can enter 4 fingerprints anyway, for four different fingers. Just in case. And it will always allow you to just swipe the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane