06-15-2016 04:49 PM
57 123
tools
    I'd like to see a phone that doesn't drain hard while gaming? It depends what game you're playing too I guess. For example, running chess engines continuously work the battery as the CPU is put under a constant heavy load.

You mention you can't get through 8 hours with "barely" using your phone. This would suggest something is sucking your battery in the background while your phone should be on idle? Perhaps you have multiple apps (like Facebook) that are trying to sync or connect to the internet but can't? Even then, I find it hard to understand why people are reporting such "terrible" battery life while not doing anything intensive with the phone. Probably best to describe every single app you've installed, what you have automatically syncing/updating, and exactly what activities you're doing (including what tools are enabled as I've described above eg. is GPS/AOD/Mobile data enabled?).
    06-11-2016 07:12 PM
    Well, here is a pic off all my apps.... Most of the time I'm on my phone, (when I can get a signal) I'm either playing CoC, or surfing the Web... I do watch a lot of YouTube videos as well. However, as I mentioned before, I don't get a signal at all when at work.... (t-mobile tech support is working on that)

Soni would say that I'm on my phone a total of two hours at work.. 30 min lunch two 15 min. Breaks... Sneaky "bathroom break" to... Etc..

I have never had a phone that could get me through the day... Which is why I always bought a phone with a replaceable battery.. I until now..
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Is A Beast-1465692790657.jpg  
    06-11-2016 07:53 PM
    Full battery stats for yet another day over nine hours. I played some games but not long enough to show up in the battery settings. But a lot of Facebook and Twitter. I posted again due to people saying I didn't share my stats properly
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Is A Beast-1465700663329.jpg   Battery Life Is A Beast-1465700674348.jpg   Battery Life Is A Beast-1465700686438.jpg   Battery Life Is A Beast-1465700694738.jpg  
    06-11-2016 10:05 PM
    I don't think that there can be any doubt that Samsung's own Exynos 8890 octa core chipset on the Global models of the S7 & S7 Edge, deserves its title of, "The Beast from the East", as this video shows...

love4speechless likes this.
    06-11-2016 10:54 PM
    I just got my S7 edge a few days ago and I am very disappointed in the battery life. I can't even get through an 8 hour day at work.... And I'm barely using the phone because Internet is non existent while in the building. So I only use it whole on break or lunch or if I skip away to get a raid in on clash of clans... What gives?
    Wow that's bad. I play COC, Boom Beach and Clash Royale during breaks on my S7 Edge and average battery life is 16hrs (5hrs SOT) with internet always connected alternating between WiFi and 4G (yes I'm online 24/7).

The signal will also have something to do with it though. A particularly bad signal can kill your battery. Or a rogue app. Can you post your battery stats?

Are you using the Exynos version or the SnapDragon?

On a sidenote, I did enable power saving for games with the Game Tools app. I mean why would I need 60fps and full CPU power for CoC?
    06-11-2016 10:59 PM
    Well, here is a pic off all my apps.... Most of the time I'm on my phone, (when I can get a signal) I'm either playing CoC, or surfing the Web... I do watch a lot of YouTube videos as well. However, as I mentioned before, I don't get a signal at all when at work.... (t-mobile tech support is working on that)

Soni would say that I'm on my phone a total of two hours at work.. 30 min lunch two 15 min. Breaks... Sneaky "bathroom break" to... Etc..

I have never had a phone that could get me through the day... Which is why I always bought a phone with a replaceable battery.. I until now..
    I can't really see much from this screenshot, but it looks like you've got about 100 extra apps installed? If so, I'm sure many of them would be running in the background and sucking battery (?unnecessarily). What apps do you really require to be running in the background etc? Perhaps you could configure them so they aren't running in the background? A screenshot of your battery stats and app % would also be useful.
    06-12-2016 12:10 AM

Just can't make out anything from that photo. Photo doesn't allow us to even zoom. Anyhow, i think your phone is fine. what you need to do is a factory reset. Once you have done this, then disable all the bloatware that you don't need. if you don't mind, then disable AOD also.

Lastly install apps that you only need. If i could see that picture properly then maybe i could point out a rogue app. At work are you on wifi? if not then a bad tmobile signal can make your battery drain like crazy. Post back. Curious to hear and want to help you solve this
    06-12-2016 02:18 AM
    Guys, it all depends on how you're using the phone. I have the regular S7, and if you're using it to continuously navigate with GPS enabled on maximum screen brightness, you'll only get about 3-4 hours SOT. If you're using it continuously to run chess engines against each other (or other intensive gaming etc), you'll also only get about 3-4 hours SOT.

But if you're using it to watch video continuously, you'll get over 12 hours SOT easily. I'm currently playing a movie which has been running for over 2 hours, and it's only used 13% battery (no power savers enabled, WiFi is enabled etc). That's about 2 hours of SOT per 10%, which translates to about 20 hours SOT if I watched movie after movie. Now I'm watching it in the dark, so it would be a lot less SOT with maximum brightness, but I would have thought it would still be over 12 hours SOT.

So I think people really need to describe exactly what they are doing with their phones when they post battery times. But I can guarantee that those getting over 5-6 hours SOT are certainly not gaming continuously for 5 hours.

Furthermore, people need to post whether they have Always On Display (AOD) enabled or not. This will give a good reflection of standby times. With AOD disabled, I'm only noticing about 3% drain per eight hours (or about total 0.4% drain per hour). With AOD enabled, I'm noticing double that drain, or about 0.8% per hour. Not huge differences, but it adds up significantly over a day or so. For example, over 24 hours, standby drain would only be about 10% with AOD disabled. With AOD enabled, it would be 20%, which is a significant 10% difference.
    What this man said. Exactly my point. If AOD is disabled and i sleep for 8 hours then i loose anywhere between 4-5 % but with A0D enabled then easily 8 -10% loss over 8 hours. AOD isn't that efficient as Samsung would say
    06-12-2016 02:20 AM
    What this man said. Exactly my point. If AOD is disabled and i sleep for 8 hours then i loose anywhere between 4-5 % but with A0D enabled then easily 8 -10% loss over 8 hours. AOD isn't that efficient as Samsung would say
    AOD is always switched off on my phone because I'm permanently on power saving mode
    06-12-2016 02:22 AM
    Looks just right. Samsung did say that their AOD looks at 1% per hour on initial release. Looks like they lowered it to 0.5% per hour in your case.
    06-12-2016 06:32 AM
    Just can't make out anything from that photo. Photo doesn't allow us to even zoom. Anyhow, i think your phone is fine. what you need to do is a factory reset. Once you have done this, then disable all the bloatware that you don't need. if you don't mind, then disable AOD also.

Lastly install apps that you only need. If i could see that picture properly then maybe i could point out a rogue app. At work are you on wifi? if not then a bad tmobile signal can make your battery drain like crazy. Post back. Curious to hear and want to help you solve this
    These are always the suggestions folks give me when I'm trying to save battery life.... Or at least get what the manufacture is claiming I can get... Turn your wonderful phone into an ordinary pathetic phone by disabling evening that sets the phone apart..

No thanks! I'm busy continue to carry a charger everywhere I go and enjoy all the special features that this phone has.... Who cares if I get 24 hours battery life on a brick... I don't.. Appreciate the suggestions though.. Really.
    06-12-2016 01:53 PM
    Here is a pic with being on the phone today for just under 4hrs...as you can see I'm already at 66%....
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Is A Beast-1465758843506.jpg  
    06-12-2016 02:14 PM
    Click screen to see the on time. Seems like that's the biggest consumer, along with internet. If you were continuously browsing during that 4hrs with the screen on, using 4G, that would explain a lot of the usage, especially with poor signal.
    06-12-2016 08:51 PM
    As you can see, just about 2 1/2 hours screen on time.... Not a beast at all..... At least not my phone
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Is A Beast-1465786918282.jpg  
    06-12-2016 10:03 PM
    I'd say it's "not a beast at all" with your type of use and the installed applications you have. But then that would apply to any other (comparable) phone.

Perhaps you should have gotten the S6 or S7 Active? Their batteries sound like true "beasts"!
    06-13-2016 12:27 AM
    I have like maybe ten apps I downloaded... This phone is supposed to not have them running in the background buy default... (marshmallow)
    06-13-2016 09:44 AM
    I have like maybe ten apps I downloaded... This phone is supposed to not have them running in the background buy default... (marshmallow)
    Which model of Galaxy S5 do you have and which carrier are you on?
    06-13-2016 10:41 AM
    I just got my S7 edge a few days ago and I am very disappointed in the battery life. I can't even get through an 8 hour day at work.... And I'm barely using the phone because Internet is non existent while in the building. So I only use it whole on break or lunch or if I skip away to get a raid in on clash of clans... What gives?
    Sounds like the phone is constantly looking for a 4g signal. have you tried turning data off. If the signal is non-existant , it may help.
    06-13-2016 02:14 PM
    Which model of Galaxy S5 do you have and which carrier are you on?
    Isn't this the S7 edge forum?
    06-13-2016 11:01 PM
    have you tried turning data off. If the signal is non-existant , it may help.
    Are you suggesting I turn my data off rendering my phone useless.... To save battery life? Seriously?

Forgive me if that's not what you meant..
    06-13-2016 11:02 PM
    Are you suggesting I turn my data off rendering my phone useless.... To save battery life? Seriously?

Forgive me if that's not what you meant..
    It's called turning data off for specific apps when they are not in use
    06-13-2016 11:03 PM
    Meanwhile Sims Freeplay keeps on running in the background even when I have exited and no longer using it. If anyone knows how to stop this app running in the background can you please let me know? I only played it for about an hour or so and you can see how long it ran in the background taking up 19% of battery life
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Is A Beast-1465877212660.jpg  
    06-13-2016 11:07 PM
    It's called turning data off for specific apps when they are not in use
    Doesn't marshmallow do that automatically?
    06-14-2016 02:32 AM
    Doesn't marshmallow do that automatically?
    I'm going to look at trying this out to see if it turns off the background data for sims Freeplay
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Is A Beast-1465891681143.jpg  
    06-14-2016 03:08 AM
    Isn't this the S7 edge forum?
    Yes it is and these are just some of the Galaxy S7 Edge models, both Exynos and Snapdragon chipsets and with and without carrier bloatware and modifications...

Galaxy S7 Edge models

Exynos 8890 chipset

G935F Edge Global model

G935FD Edge dual sim model

G935W8 Edge Canada regional model

G935K Edge Korea (KT Corporation)

G935L Edge Korea (LG Uplus)

G935S Edge Korea (SK Telecom)

Snapdragon 820 chipset

G9350 Edge China (Open China)

G935A Edge USA (AT&T)

G935P Edge USA (Sprint)

G935T Edge USA (T-Mobile)

G935R4 Edge USA (US Cellular)

G935V Edge USA (Verizon)

Depending on the chipset, carrier bloatware and modifications, battery life can offer as much as a 30+% difference between the various models. See, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge battery life (Exynos and Snapdragon)

"Think that everyones Galaxy S7 Edge is the same...
    Think again!"
    06-14-2016 03:28 AM
57 123