Battery Life Is A Beast

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I just got my S7 edge a few days ago and I am very disappointed in the battery life. I can't even get through an 8 hour day at work.... And I'm barely using the phone because Internet is non existent while in the building. So I only use it whole on break or lunch or if I skip away to get a raid in on clash of clans... What gives?
Sounds like the phone is constantly looking for a 4g signal. have you tried turning data off. If the signal is non-existant , it may help.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Meanwhile Sims Freeplay keeps on running in the background even when I have exited and no longer using it. If anyone knows how to stop this app running in the background can you please let me know? I only played it for about an hour or so and you can see how long it ran in the background taking up 19% of battery life

Attachments

• 1465877212660.jpg
    1465877212660.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 20

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Isn't this the S7 edge forum?

Yes it is and these are just some of the Galaxy S7 Edge models, both Exynos and Snapdragon chipsets and with and without carrier bloatware and modifications...

Galaxy S7 Edge models

Exynos 8890 chipset

G935F Edge Global model

G935FD Edge dual sim model

G935W8 Edge Canada regional model

G935K Edge Korea (KT Corporation)

G935L Edge Korea (LG Uplus)

G935S Edge Korea (SK Telecom)

Snapdragon 820 chipset

G9350 Edge China (Open China)

G935A Edge USA (AT&T)

G935P Edge USA (Sprint)

G935T Edge USA (T-Mobile)

G935R4 Edge USA (US Cellular)

G935V Edge USA (Verizon)

Depending on the chipset, carrier bloatware and modifications, battery life can offer as much as a 30+% difference between the various models. See, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge battery life (Exynos and Snapdragon)

"Think that everyones Galaxy S7 Edge is the same...
Think again!" ;)

Last edited:

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Yes it is and these are just some of the Galaxy S7 Edge models, both Exynos and Snapdragon chipsets and with and without carrier bloatware and modifications...

Galaxy S7 Edge models

Exynos 8890 chipset

G935F Edge Global model

G935FD Edge dual sim model

G935W8 Edge Canada regional model

G935K Edge Korea (KT Corporation)

G935L Edge Korea (LG Uplus)

G935S Edge Korea (SK Telecom)

Snapdragon 820 chipset

G9350 Edge China (Open China)

G935A Edge USA (AT&T)

G935P Edge USA (Sprint)

G935T Edge USA (T-Mobile)

G935R4 Edge USA (US Cellular)

G935V Edge USA (Verizon)

Depending on the chipset, carrier bloatware and modifications, battery life can offer as much as a 30+% difference between the various models. See, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge battery life (Exynos and Snapdragon)

"Think that everyones Galaxy S7 Edge is the same...
Think again!" ;)

Nice post, but the guy asked me what version of s5 I had
.... That's why I was confused

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Nice post, but the guy asked me what version of s5 I had
.... That's why I was confused

I asked in post #42...

Which model of Galaxy S5 do you have and which carrier are you on?

Sometimes the word, "Version", is used, as by entering *#1234# into the dial pad on stock Samsung models will bring up the, "Version", details, including the model number and firmware. This is disabled by some carriers.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

I asked in post #42...

Sometimes the word, "Version", is used, as by entering *#1234# into the dial pad on stock Samsung models will bring up the, "Version", details, including the model number and firmware. This is disabled by some carriers.
Read again. You did say S5.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Are you suggesting I turn my data off rendering my phone useless.... To save battery life? Seriously?

Forgive me if that's not what you meant..
Your original comment was "I'm barely using the phone because Internet is non existent while in the building. So I only use it whole on break or lunch or if I skip away"

I have a friend who has terrible reception at work with any phone, so he turns data off while at work. You stated the internet was non existent within the building, I assumed you meant the same thing. If your complaint was that the reception with the GS7E is poorer than other phones, that's my bad. In my experience, it is no better or worse than other phones I've owned.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the US version (Snapdragon) and I DO get screen on time on par with the Exynos version. My standby time is also great. Overnight, I'll drain about .3% per hour.

Last edited: