so much for self cooling

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Curious about this self cooling thing. I was under the impression that it was supposed to keep your phone from getting extremely hot. I would consider 117 extremely hot.

Grant it, I was watching a show but still.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

Attachments

• 46642.jpg
    46642.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 277

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the AC enabled? It is off by default.

Posted via the Android Central App

Since I'm asking this question. I'm going to go ahead and say no it's not turned on. Where do I find that option?

(S7 Edge Titanium)

oneformula

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Since I'm asking this question. I'm going to go ahead and say no it's not turned on. Where do I find that option?

(S7 Edge Titanium)

i'm very sorry - i was pulling your leg. there is no air conditioning option on this phone. only LG has that.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. I've noticed a piping hot phone, especially now that I use it outside.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Turn off some features that are useless and save some battery and reduce heat. Even my Nexus 6P and its snaptoaster 810 have never reached 117. Only time i reached past 105 was when it hit 170 degrees after i left it in my car. My 6P dtays in the 90 and low 100's at all occasions and my s7E is even cooler with the 820.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Turn off some features that are useless and save some battery and reduce heat. Even my Nexus 6P and its snaptoaster 810 have never reached 117. Only time i reached past 105 was when it hit 170 degrees after i left it in my car. My 6P dtays in the 90 and low 100's at all occasions and my s7E is even cooler with the 820.

It only gets hot on occasion. There's not a rogue app or anything causing it. I was just under the impression the self cooling would keep it from ever getting that hot.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It only gets hot on occasion. There's not a rogue app or anything causing it. I was just under the impression the self cooling would keep it from ever getting that hot.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

Self cooling only helps distribute heat away from the processor. Once it activates the heats still going to build up.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a gamer but I have noticed on a few occasions the phone gets really hot downloading and updating a lot of apps at once.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Did Android OS alert you to the phone getting too hot? That happened one time to me when it got one degree over the threshold for the alert (my phone was on the wireless charger while upgrading Android OS). It was 90-something degrees Fahrenheit.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. I've noticed a piping hot phone, especially now that I use it outside.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

A big *** ditto to that. During my son's baseball season, my S7 Edge has been extremely hot outdoors, even when it's in my pocket and not directly exposed to the sun.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Did Android OS alert you to the phone getting too hot? That happened one time to me when it got one degree over the threshold for the alert (my phone was on the wireless charger while upgrading Android OS). It was 90-something degrees Fahrenheit.

I haven't received an alert on my S7E or my S7 and they've both hit over 100* Fahrenheit.

Posted via Carrier Pigeon.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
holy crap! I freak out when mine hits over 90 and set it on a fan or put an ice pack on it. I couldn't imagine 117. Mine is usually in the mid 80's

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Why is your phone radio 19%? That seems awfully high with the screen cranked up... just a few clicks less than your screen. Is there any way to turn it off when you are watching movies and pipeline all data through wifi?

your 4G signal looks pretty weak too, if thats as strong as it gets. On Verizons 4G network 1~2 bars out of 5 isn't even worth trying to use, since it many times dips down to 3G or even 1x.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Why is your phone radio 19%? That seems awfully high with the screen cranked up... just a few clicks less than your screen. Is there any way to turn it off when you are watching movies and pipeline all data through wifi?

your 4G signal looks pretty weak too, if thats as strong as it gets. On Verizons 4G network 1~2 bars out of 5 isn't even worth trying to use, since it many times dips down to 3G or even 1x.

I only have one bar of 4G coverage but still use it because the battery drains like there is no tomorrow on 3G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678