Using the S7 Edge, without the Edge

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I switch from using my S7 Edge naked (xtremeguard on front/back) to at Otterbox Commuter case pretty often.

When I am using my S7 Edge naked, I find myself holding the phone very carefully because of the thin side frame and not to activate the Edge panel.

I decided I didn't like this, because I can't just quickly grab my phone and reply to a text, email, tweet, FB post...etc.. I have to gingerly pickup phone on the thin frame, so I don't activate the Edge functions.

So.. I decided to disable the Edge part of my S7 Edge. 😎

I find that I like this much better! I can just grab my phone with a firm grip without worrying about side touches.

I am losing all my Edge features, but I only used the People Edge, Frequent Apps Edge, and RSS Feeds (uses a lot of data). The Sports Edge, would never update often enough.

I still have my 5.5 Display, huge battery, and the prettiest phone on the market.

Has anyone done the same?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I switch from using my S7 Edge naked (xtremeguard on front/back) to at Otterbox Commuter case pretty often.

When I am using my S7 Edge naked, I find myself holding the phone very carefully because of the thin side frame and not to activate the Edge panel.

I decided I didn't like this, because I can't just quickly grab my phone and reply to a text, email, tweet, FB post...etc.. I have to gingerly pickup phone on the thin frame, so I don't activate the Edge functions.

So.. I decided to disable the Edge part of my S7 Edge. ??????

I find that I like this much better! I can just grab my phone with a firm grip without worrying about side touches.

I am losing all my Edge features, but I only used the People Edge, Frequent Apps Edge, and RSS Feeds (uses a lot of data). The Sports Edge, would never update often enough.

I still have my 5.5 Display, huge battery, and the prettiest phone on the market.

Has anyone done the same?

I purposely opted out of the Edge just for that reason. not found at all of it, and don't find any benefit to the Frequent apps, etc..

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I just moved the edge panel out of the way, near the area of the volume rockers, so I don't activate it accidentally and still have the features on a single swipe. I grab mt phone near the bottom half anyway.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I almost didn't get the Edge because a friend had such problems with errant activation on a Note.

I've found no such problems. I use it with one hand (yah, yah yah..we all know what you're thinking, smartass) and found it easy to reach most of the screen without an Edge problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just moved the edge panel out of the way, near the area of the volume rockers, so I don't activate it accidentally and still have the features on a single swipe. I grab mt phone near the bottom half anyway.
Dah...I tried every postion of the Edge panel. Moving the Edge panel helps some, but I still have to hold my S7E gingerly.

The Edge sides both have sensors, that's how you get the Feeds to show up. Turning off the Edge functions entirely is the best thing for me.

See my picture.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
588195dbd4e6685d4ad7a115a0b3e6b8.jpg

My whole hand can wrap around both sides without issues. I like this! 🖒

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah but I don't wrap my hand around the phone like that. That makes it difficult to type. You don't seem to have a case though. I have the OEM leather back case and it helps a lot with lessening accidental touching of the edges. And I hold the phone a little differently since the case gives a nice texture with good grip. I guess the case also helps when holding the phone sides. It doesn't affect how the phone looks anyway.

02ec39667750906b6bff5a561aa127d8.jpg

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but I don't wrap my hand around the phone like that. That makes it difficult to type. You don't seem to have a case though. I have the OEM leather back case and it helps a lot with lessening accidental touching of the edges. And I hold the phone a little differently since the case gives a nice texture with good grip. I guess the case also helps when holding the phone sides. It doesn't affect how the phone looks anyway.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/02ec39667750906b6bff5a561aa127d8.jpg
I don't normally have a death grip on the phone, that's just to demonstrate that moving the Edge panel, doesn't help much, when I want to grip my phone

For one hand use, I wrap my hand around for safety grip, but not as extremely as in my picture.

Yes, when using my Otterbox, I don't have issues, just when I am going naked with the S7E.

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
All this might be a mute point, when my Otterbox Defender arrives.

If it works as I hope, I won't take my S7 Edge out of the Defender case. 😀

That way I can handle my S7E the way I normally handle my phones.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I always find myself looking through the edge options and thinking they're really well thought out and how convenient they'll be. Then I proceed to forget it's there and never ever use it unless I slide it out accidentally. If I'm forgetting it's there then I really should consider turning it off too as I probably don't need it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude