I switch from using my S7 Edge naked (xtremeguard on front/back) to at Otterbox Commuter case pretty often.

When I am using my S7 Edge naked, I find myself holding the phone very carefully because of the thin side frame and not to activate the Edge panel.

I decided I didn't like this, because I can't just quickly grab my phone and reply to a text, email, tweet, FB post...etc.. I have to gingerly pickup phone on the thin frame, so I don't activate the Edge functions.

So.. I decided to disable the Edge part of my S7 Edge. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I find that I like this much better! I can just grab my phone with a firm grip without worrying about side touches.

I am losing all my Edge features, but I only used the People Edge, Frequent Apps Edge, and RSS Feeds (uses a lot of data). The Sports Edge, would never update often enough.

I still have my 5.5 Display, huge battery, and the prettiest phone on the market.

Has anyone done the same?
    06-08-2016 03:14 AM
    I switch from using my S7 Edge naked (xtremeguard on front/back) to at Otterbox Commuter case pretty often.

When I am using my S7 Edge naked, I find myself holding the phone very carefully because of the thin side frame and not to activate the Edge panel.

I decided I didn't like this, because I can't just quickly grab my phone and reply to a text, email, tweet, FB post...etc.. I have to gingerly pickup phone on the thin frame, so I don't activate the Edge functions.

So.. I decided to disable the Edge part of my S7 Edge.

I find that I like this much better! I can just grab my phone with a firm grip without worrying about side touches.

I am losing all my Edge features, but I only used the People Edge, Frequent Apps Edge, and RSS Feeds (uses a lot of data). The Sports Edge, would never update often enough.

I still have my 5.5 Display, huge battery, and the prettiest phone on the market.

Has anyone done the same?
    I purposely opted out of the Edge just for that reason. not found at all of it, and don't find any benefit to the Frequent apps, etc..
    06-08-2016 05:07 AM
    I didn't know you could turn the edge features off
    06-08-2016 05:08 AM
    I purposely opted out of the Edge just for that reason. not found at all of it, and don't find any benefit to the Frequent apps, etc..
    The bigger battery and larger screen convinced me to get the edge over the regular S7
    flstructuraleng likes this.
    06-08-2016 05:09 AM
    I just moved the edge panel out of the way, near the area of the volume rockers, so I don't activate it accidentally and still have the features on a single swipe. I grab mt phone near the bottom half anyway.
    06-08-2016 05:12 AM
    I almost didn't get the Edge because a friend had such problems with errant activation on a Note.

I've found no such problems. I use it with one hand (yah, yah yah..we all know what you're thinking, smartass) and found it easy to reach most of the screen without an Edge problem.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-08-2016 05:52 AM
    I just moved the edge panel out of the way, near the area of the volume rockers, so I don't activate it accidentally and still have the features on a single swipe. I grab mt phone near the bottom half anyway.
    Dah...I tried every postion of the Edge panel. Moving the Edge panel helps some, but I still have to hold my S7E gingerly.

The Edge sides both have sensors, that's how you get the Feeds to show up. Turning off the Edge functions entirely is the best thing for me.

See my picture.
    06-08-2016 06:23 AM

My whole hand can wrap around both sides without issues. I like this! ๐Ÿ–’
    06-08-2016 06:31 AM
    Yeah but I don't wrap my hand around the phone like that. That makes it difficult to type. You don't seem to have a case though. I have the OEM leather back case and it helps a lot with lessening accidental touching of the edges. And I hold the phone a little differently since the case gives a nice texture with good grip. I guess the case also helps when holding the phone sides. It doesn't affect how the phone looks anyway.

sangs likes this.
    06-08-2016 06:50 AM
    Yeah but I don't wrap my hand around the phone like that. That makes it difficult to type. You don't seem to have a case though. I have the OEM leather back case and it helps a lot with lessening accidental touching of the edges. And I hold the phone a little differently since the case gives a nice texture with good grip. I guess the case also helps when holding the phone sides. It doesn't affect how the phone looks anyway.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...561aa127d8.jpg
    I don't normally have a death grip on the phone, that's just to demonstrate that moving the Edge panel, doesn't help much, when I want to grip my phone

For one hand use, I wrap my hand around for safety grip, but not as extremely as in my picture.

Yes, when using my Otterbox, I don't have issues, just when I am going naked with the S7E.
    06-08-2016 07:44 AM
    All this might be a mute point, when my Otterbox Defender arrives.

If it works as I hope, I won't take my S7 Edge out of the Defender case. ๐Ÿ˜€

That way I can handle my S7E the way I normally handle my phones.
    06-08-2016 08:49 AM
    If you don't use the edge screen, why not just disable it?

06-08-2016 09:29 PM
    If you don't use the edge screen, why not just disable it?

That what I said in my original post.
    06-08-2016 10:29 PM
    What i s use of phone if you are not using the best technology of phone
    06-10-2016 12:16 AM
    What i s use of phone if you are not using the best technology of phone
    I think the Edge is far from being the best thing on the phone.
    brad419 likes this.
    06-10-2016 12:34 AM
    I always find myself looking through the edge options and thinking they're really well thought out and how convenient they'll be. Then I proceed to forget it's there and never ever use it unless I slide it out accidentally. If I'm forgetting it's there then I really should consider turning it off too as I probably don't need it.
    06-10-2016 12:58 AM
    Have you tried moving the edge screen to the left side?
    06-13-2016 03:16 AM