GSM battery monitor vs the stock battery?

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Why is there such a huge contrast between the two? My phone tells me my time remaining is 18 hours, but GSM says like 7 or 8 hours....? Anybody else notice this?

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why is there such a huge contrast between the two? My phone tells me my time remaining is 18 hours, but GSM says like 7 or 8 hours....? Anybody else notice this?

How long have you had GSam Battery Monitor installed on your device ?
Has it been on your phone though a battery charge cycle. For example like from 100% to 25% ?

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Since I've had the phone... Yes it's been through a full charge.... GSM never matches what the stock monitor says.... Never... Its always much less "time left"

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It'll install and work but the information you get on an uprooted device is useless when you can see pretty much the same in the phones settings menu.

Lets just say we agree to disagree from my experience with ,,and leave it at that so the OP stays on topic :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It'll install and work but the information you get on an uprooted device is useless when you can see pretty much the same in the phones settings menu.
Gsam can be useful in tracking down problems as it provides more detail than stock, even unrooted.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I use Gsam as well and never noticed such a big difference comparing to stock. Are you referring to the 'average' time remaining or the 'last xx minutes'? To be honest I don't pay much attention to these estimates, they will vary depending on your usage and things like cell signal, connection speeds or Wi-Fi vs mobile data.

After a little while you'll find out how long your battery lasts depending on such things and if you get less than expected Gsam will be very helpful to figure out where the drain was. It offers more detailed stats than stock and I find the charts specially useful. And, as stated above, no need to root the phone to get most features.

Kasper610

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Right now GSM says I've used 19% in 7h & 43min, average time remaining is 6:56, last 1m is 10:44......Stock battery usage says time remaining is 1day & 8min......thats a huge difference.... I get what GSM goes off of, but then again I don't....the time remaining always sucks.... Not even close to whay stock is telling me...... Ever.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital