S7 Edge or HTC 10

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
So I'm getting the itch for a change again and wondered if anyone had managed to get a good hands on comparison between the S7 Edge and the HTC 10?

Any major plusses or minuses on either or any reason absolutely not to switch to the 10?

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I looked at all devices before I got my phone. I was pretty sure I wanted to go with the edge but didn't want to regret it down the line. I seriously considered the HTC 10 but in the end the Samsung edge camera over the HTC camera solidified my decision and I got the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can check this out. Note however that their talking about the normal S7 here, so the bigger battery isn't part of the list. But all the other comparisons seem ok.

https://youtu.be/Bm0oz5AzV5Y
https://youtu.be/yPuJuu8JN7w

One of the reasons they post for the HTC 10 is that it's faster. On their video battle test, the S7 Snapdragon scored around 2min35secs, while the HTC scored around 2min20secs, but the S7 Exynos scored 2min04secs. Note however that in the US, only the SnapDragon version is available from carriers. Some people also claim they don't notice this supposed speed difference, especially since a number of updates have altrady been pushed to the S7, but I'd think it's subjective.

Last edited:

Michael MCATEE

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
If you listen to a lot of music through wired headphones htc is the way to go. For everything else the s7.

Posted via the Android Central App

Only if you are a pure audiophiles or someone who has a trained ear when using a quality set headphones/earbuds .....

I've done a direct comparison with several different new phones through my Sennhieser earbuds if..IF...set up properly with Power Amp pro and you utilize both the presets that are available as well as setting up some custom ones there isn't such as big difference in most mp3 played music...Yes to trained ears you can but let's face facts...the vast majority of people just download and play tunes and true audiophiles just won't be satisfied with any cellphone for their music playback.

Poweramp does wonders with this phone and is easily heard over Google play music

Posted from my AT&T S7 Edge

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Only if you are a pure audiophiles or someone who has a trained ear when using a quality set headphones/earbuds .....

I've done a direct comparison with several different new phones through my Sennhieser earbuds if..IF...set up properly with Power Amp pro and you utilize both the presets that are available as well as setting up some custom ones there isn't such as big difference in most mp3 played music...Yes to trained ears you can but let's face facts...the vast majority of people just download and play tunes and true audiophiles just won't be satisfied with any cellphone for their music playback.

Poweramp does wonders with this phone and is easily heard over Google play music

Posted from my AT&T S7 Edge

Sorry man, but I have both, the S7 edge and the HTC 10, and the only thing where the HTC 10 is clearly superior to the S7/S7 edge is in the Audio via earphones, the rest is pure preferences, audio it's simply facts.

When using BOOMsound and setting the custom audio preferences, the difference is so huge that it's not even fair to compare them, and no, I don't prefer the HTC 10, my daily driver is the S7 edge and I think it's the best phone I've own. I'm also not and audiophile is just as simple as doing a simple test in both and you'll immediately notice the immense audio clarity and deep sound on the HTC, the S7 is very good almost great with earphones, the HTC 10, is on a league of its own.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Sorry man, but I have both, the S7 edge and the HTC 10, and the only thing where the HTC 10 is clearly superior to the S7/S7 edge is in the Audio via earphones, the rest is pure preferences, audio it's simply facts.

When using BOOMsound and setting the custom audio preferences, the difference is so huge that it's not even fair to compare them, and no, I don't prefer the HTC 10, my daily driver is the S7 edge and I think it's the best phone I've own. I'm also not and audiophile is just as simple as doing a simple test in both and you'll immediately notice the immediate audio clarity and deep sound on the HTC, the S7 is very good almost great with earphones, the HTC 10, is on a league of its own.
Especially if you're using the SnapDragon version. Reviews are showing that it's way worse than the Exynos version's audio quality, and AFAIK the HTC10 has a better DAC than the Exynos.

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I just exchanged my 10 for the s7 edge and I am ready to throw it out the window! I turned the edge screen off and my fingers or palm hits the edges and can't press what I'm trying to press or I open things on accident. Will a case help this issue out at all or can you still have some issues with it?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I just exchanged my 10 for the s7 edge and I am ready to throw it out the window! I turned the edge screen off and my fingers or palm hits the edges and can't press what I'm trying to press or I open things on accident. Will a case help this issue out at all or can you still have some issues with it?
Many users say that a case does help. In my experience I never used it without a case. Picked up the OEM leather case along with the phone. No big problems using it.

Centralboy545

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I looked at all devices before I got my phone. I was pretty sure I wanted to go with the edge but didn't want to regret it down the line. I seriously considered the HTC 10 but in the end the Samsung edge camera over the HTC camera solidified my decision and I got the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
And that's crazy seeing as the evo line had some of the best cameras in a phone back then.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I agree with the other comments. I have the S7 Edge and tried the HTC 10. It was an easy decision to return the 10. The reviews place the 10 much closer to the S7 than it actually is in my opinion. The 10 is not a bad device, it is just that the S7 is the best phone that is out right now, again in my opinion.

Dr. S

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried out the S7 (non-Edge) for a bit and ended up returning it to go for the 10. They're both great phones so it really just comes down to personal preference. TouchWiz is highly polarizing of course; I don't hate it but I preferred Sense. I also like the metal construction over the slippery, fingerprint-prone glass back. The fingerprint scanner does seem to be a lot faster and more accurate on the 10 though. The batteries were about equivalent, but obviously that won't be the case for you since the Edge has a much bigger battery.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally, it'd be a tough choice for me to make. I like both (I'm not a huge Samsung fan, but I like the Edge series). I feel like I'd go with the 10 in the end, however.

But it really boils down to what you prefer, and how you'd use the phone. The Edge is awesome and has many great features that the 10 doesn't (ie, better camera, edge notifications, etc); but the 10 has OS improvements and its camera has gotten a lot better now!

If you're really torn between the two, y advice to you is to watch unboxing reviews on YouTube (check Android Authority and Android Central) and check out the phones in the store so you see how they operate. Be sure to choose the one that you want, because at the end of the day, we can only give you suggestions; but you get to make the big decision! Good luck, and let us know what you choose!

Posted via the Android Central App