So I managed to drop my phone a couple of weeks ago and crack the screen. The screen itself has remained fully functional despite a couple of purple lines down it and progressively worse flickering. It's gradually started becoming more unresponsive and tonight it seems to have had enough. The stay on screen still displays the time and if I press the lock key it will show me my lock screen and my notifications, I can swipe and remove these and if drag them down to read them further.

However, when I actually unlock my phone to go to my home screen, the phone screen goes black - I know the phone has unlocked because I can hear the sound effects when I press apps but everything remains black and I can't get the screen to come alive again until I lock the phone. If I double tap the home button, it will quick launch my camera and that works. So the screen still works but won't show me my home screen or any apps (apart from camera), it's essentially blacked out until I lock it again.

I'm getting it repaired but am not able to do so for a few days. Any ideas how I can bring the screen back to life when I unlock the phone? I tried restarting a few times, leaving it turned off for a while and emergency mode - none of which worked.
    06-09-2016 04:35 PM
    Unfortunately this sounds like further hardware damage than just the screen (yes, even if certain elements still display), but you could try to boot up in Safe Mode in case it's an app that's causing the screen to go black. Other than that, I'm not sure there's a lot you can do other than changing the screen and seeing if any connectors or drivers are loose/damaged.

PS: Also you should get your phone backed up ASAP...while you still can.
    06-09-2016 05:17 PM