Why is it when I import my pictures from my S7 Edge, it finds all my album covers and other misc pictures?

Sopoman

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Why when I import my pictures from my S7 Edge. It finds all my album covers and other misc pictures?

So i'm trying to import my pictures via the USB cable for the first time on this phone. it finds 600 something items to be imported. i know i don't take that many photos. so i look in the little window in the import screen and see its game items and album covers. why is it doing that. is there a way to avoid importing all that?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why when I import my pictures from my S7 Edge. It finds all my album covers and other misc pictu

OK, you're trying import your pics to your PC or something, or to a new device? If you're trying to import to a PC via a USB and you only want certain items you'd be better served to use your windows browser and navigate to the folders you want items from. I've never heard of USB transfer between devices but in that case of use a file manager and like I suggested with the PC make selections.
There are steps you can take to stop folders from showing up in galleries and such but in this case I feel it would have limited success. For your album covers you could place a no media file in the root folder. It's a small text file that pretty much had the words no media in it and once read by what ever is looking for media files ships over that folder. The side effect of this could be that your album covers may stop working in your media player, until removed. I'm not sure for pics, it works that way for sound files. Anyway the limitation is all the game and app pieces that you say are being included which would require the same. Tracking those down would be an enormous task.
Why is this happening? What ever your using to find files is looking for any file type that is associated with pics. You won't be able to eliminate all of the junk but you could reduce it by trying to only look for one file type most of your snapshots of not all are going to be jpg or JPEG ignoring other types like gif.
GL

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why when I import my pictures from my S7 Edge. It finds all my album covers and other misc pictu

Depends on what you are using to Import.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20