06-22-2016 04:02 PM
63 123
tools
    If you had a US Snapdragon version and are an audiophile, and now have the opportunity to buy a global 935F model, would you do it? It would mean selling my US version at a loss. So it would cost me around $250.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-21-2016 07:32 AM
    If you had a US Snapdragon version and are an audiophile, and now have the opportunity to buy a global 935F model, would you do it? It would mean selling my US version at a loss. So it would cost me around $250.

If you are an audiophile I'd suggest you get an HTC 10 instead. It's still better for audio than the Exynos S7 as far as I know.
    06-21-2016 07:53 AM
    If you are an audiophile I'd suggest you get an HTC 10 instead. It's still better for audio than the Exynos S7 as far as I know.
    Thanks. I've been considering it, and had a look at the HTC, but didn't like the screen, port it's size compared to the edge. If they had a version with a 5.5" screen Is probably go that direction. I also considered the V10, but it has too many issues unfortunately. Oh well, in every other respect, I absolutely love my S7 edge. Plus getting the international version for use in the US I assume means I'll lose Samsung Pay.

Martin Ulm likes this.
    06-21-2016 08:01 AM
    Thanks. I've been considering it, and had a look at the HTC, but didn't like the screen, port it's size compared to the edge. If they had a version with a 5.5" screen Is probably go that direction. I also considered the V10, but it has too many issues unfortunately. Oh well, in every other respect, I absolutely love my S7 edge. Plus getting the international version for use in the US I assume means I'll lose Samsung Pay.

Or you can just go Bluetooth headset to get full digital quality.
    06-21-2016 10:21 AM
    Or you can just go Bluetooth headset to get full digital quality.
    Isn't Bluetooth the lowest quality unless you get a headset with AptX? Even then, does AptX compare with wired? Is the DAC in the Bluetooth headset? On a related note, with Android Auto, which DAC is used? Anyone know? Thanks. FWIW, I tried the Exynos side by side an hour ago. It definitely has a fair amount better sound. It's clearer and more punchy with wired Bose QC25 headset. But not sure if it's that much better that it's worth the spend.

06-21-2016 11:58 AM
    More firmware releases for the Global S7 Edge, Exynos, model, G935F, from Samsung on the latest build, 1st June, release, PF2, on changelist #8252943, (see post #42)...

United Kingdom/Ireland
    Romania (Cosmote)
    Mauritius
    Germany
    Germany (1&1)
    Norway (Telenor)
    Portugal (TPH)
    Bosnia Herzegovina
    Egypt
    Saudi Arabia (STC)
    Iraq
    Iran
    Bonia Herzegovina (BH Telecomm)
    Hungary
    Bulgaria
    Greece
    Open Austria
    Afghanistan
    Libya

Check via OTA or Samsung Smart Switch.

(It can be seen that unbranded models, again, dominate in this list)
    06-21-2016 01:12 PM
    Isn't Bluetooth the lowest quality unless you get a headset with AptX? Even then, does AptX compare with wired? Is the DAC in the Bluetooth headset? On a related note, with Android Auto, which DAC is used? Anyone know? Thanks. FWIW, I tried the Exynos side by side an hour ago. It definitely has a fair amount better sound. It's clearer and more punchy with wired Bose QC25 headset. But not sure if it's that much better that it's worth the spend.

Depending on the headset you use of course. You can get something with A2DP, and/or AptX, and get decent audio. Also something that supports BT3.0 or higher.

Saying that bluetooth is the worst quality is a sort of urban myth. It depends on the headset you use. The cheaper ones are indeed worse because they may not use the music enhancing protocols, but once you start getting to contemporary mid range models, quality starts to even out until difference is hardly noticeable. I think wired headsets pull away again in the high range though.

Personally I'm interested in the 2nd gen Level Ons for a headset. They can be used via Bluetooth, as well as having a cable jack for use as wired headset.
    06-21-2016 05:13 PM
    Just got the June security patch on ATT.
    imex99 likes this.
    06-22-2016 01:13 AM
    Just got the June security patch on ATT.
    Unfortunately, not the same update the Global model is receiving direct from Samsung.
    06-22-2016 02:39 AM
    Significantly worse battery life with major drain from:
    1. Android System,
    2. Screen,
    3. Android OS
    4. Cell standby

Additionally I had to set fingerprint recognition again due to very finicky after update.
    Anyway I'm pretty disappointed after great start with S7e in April
    06-22-2016 06:45 AM
    Significantly worse battery life with major drain from:
    1. Android System,
    2. Screen,
    3. Android OS
    4. Cell standby

Additionally I had to set fingerprint recognition again due to very finicky after update.
    Anyway I'm pretty disappointed after great start with S7e in April
    I agree with you when I first got the phone it was excellent
    06-22-2016 07:05 AM
    Mine has been OK. The battery is still excellent giving 5-6 hours SOT in a 16 hour day. I don't really use video so haven't seen problems / fixes with this.
    06-22-2016 07:42 AM
    Overall I think my battery is worse. Down to 23% battery today with just 2.5 hours screen on time. I guess i will have to try a factory reset at some point

06-22-2016 04:02 PM
63 123