June security patch + firmware update, Global G935F, rolling out

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Samsung have begun rolling out the PEQ update to its Exynos, Global, model of the Galaxy S7 Edge, G935F.

The June security patch is included in this latest release. Not only that, there's a big jump in the changelist # from the last release, PD3, on #7538748 to this new release on changelist #8206888. (N.B. Samsung do not post actual changelist details.) Having said that, this update includes the enhancements and bugfixes mentioned in... Samsung rolling out bug fix software update for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Releases so far for both unbranded and lightly branded firmwares for...

South East Europe
Baltic
Romania
France
Macedonia (T-Mobile)
Luxembourg
Czech Republic (T-Mobile)
Hungary (T-Mobile)
Mexico
Greece (Cosmote)

Check via OTA or Samsung Smart Switch. More releases rolling out as I type. :)

Last edited:

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Samsung have begun rolling out the PEQ update to its Exynos, Global, model of the Galaxy S7 Edge, G935F.

The June security patch is included in this latest release. Not only that, there's a big jump in the changelist # from the last release, PD3, on #7538748 to this new release on changelist #8206888. (N.B. Samsung do not post actual changelist details.) Having said that, this update includes the bugfixes mentioned in... Samsung rolling out bug fix software update for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Releases so far for both unbranded and lightly branded firmwares for...

Is there a specific site where you can check the release.
Netherlands
Bulgaria
Slovenia
South East Europe
Baltic
Romania
France
Macedonia (T-Mobile)
Luxembourg
Czech Republic (T-Mobile)
Hungary (T-Mobile)
Mexico
Greece (Cosmote)

Check via OTA or Samsung Smart Switch. More releases rolling out as I type. :)

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Anyone notice any improvement with battery and heating with this update on the Exynos?

I'm confused. The poster that started this thread has been touting how superior battery life is on the Exynos version. Is that not the case? Also, Verizon - one of those carriers that everybody claims never updates anything - is also now on the June security update in the US.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused. The poster that started this thread has been touting how superior battery life is on the Exynos version. Is that not the case? Also, Verizon - one of those carriers that everybody claims never updates anything - is also now on the June security update in the US.

The exynos was initially superior until the April update in a lot of regions. Since that it's been a lot poorer on battery and is constantly hot on the back.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

See, Battery Life Is A Beast. Battery life on the Exynos is, without a doubt, better than the Snapdragon models, see, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge battery life (Exynos and Snapdragon)

Whilst Verizon users are also receiving the June security patch, they are not getting the goodies and bugfixes mentioned in post #1 as they are on a much older firmware... 25 builds behind, to be precise.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
See, Battery Life Is A Beast. Battery life on the Exynos is, without a doubt, better than the Snapdragon models, see, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge battery life (Exynos and Snapdragon)

Whilst Verizon users are also receiving the June security patch, they are not getting the goodies and bugfixes mentioned in post #1 as they are on a much older firmware... 25 builds behind, to be precise.

Gotcha. Well I have Snapdragon, so that's all I can go by, and my battery is fantastic. And I haven't had an update from Verizon that has negatively impacted it either.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
As well as the the PEQ build mentioned in post #1, Samsung have begun rolling out an even later build, PF2, dated 1st June which has an even higher changelist number of #8252943. Releases on this new firmware for the G935F, Global model, are, so far...

Bulgaria
Slovenia
Romania
Netherlands
Panama

Check via OTA or Samsung Smart Switch.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
As well as the the PEQ build mentioned in post #1, Samsung have begun rolling out an even later build, PF2, dated 1st June which has an even higher changelist number of #8252943. Releases on this new firmware for the G935F, Global model, are, so far...

Bulgaria
Slovenia
Romania
Netherlands
Panama

Check via OTA or Samsung Smart Switch.

Come on BTU!

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Haven't had an update on mine since the April security patch update. Surely should have had the may one by now? Convinced my phone isn't updating for some reason

Posted via the Android Central App

Mine is exactly the same. Not sure there was a May UK one, Sammobile shows the one we have as the latest.

lancashirehotpot

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Mine is exactly the same. Not sure there was a May UK one, Sammobile shows the one we have as the latest.

Is this the same build number you have? (The fact it seems to be three different ones combined unnerved me)

Attachments

• 21299.jpg
    21299.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 152

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know no updates since the one in April for us in the UK even for unlocked phones. I wouldn't mind but given that the last update made the battery life much worse it would be nice if Samsung made an effort to fix it rather than forgetting about us!

lancashirehotpot

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
As far as I know no updates since the one in April for us in the UK even for unlocked phones. I wouldn't mind but given that the last update made the battery life much worse it would be nice if Samsung made an effort to fix it rather than forgetting about us!

In a weird way it's kind of reassuring to know no one else got it either. Was starting to think it was my phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers