I was wrong

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I use mine with a decent set of AKGs to listen to Spotify. While there is a loss in quality on the file side, understandably - the sound through to the headphones is good enough for me. Exynos version though.

coolkenny13

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
nine fookin hours mate? screen on time? over wifi only? are you sure

need to see screenshot not because i don't believe you, because i'm jelly. which colour did you get

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I know right. At first I thought it was inaccurate but when it kept on giving it as a consistent average battery I realised it was legit lol. As you can see with my average
My former daily G4 could only DREAM of that uptime with your kind of usage.

If I use it in the same way as you, it would die in like 7 hours.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
God damn mate. You have a beast. sell it off on ebay for 5000$.

The day I had it on wifi it went over ten hours and lol trust me I know how good this battery life is. I'm gonna be taking good care of this phone. From everything I have heard the exynos that I have has much better battery life than the Snapdragon version. For once with technology I'm glad I'm in Australia lol

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6P while reading a long eBook.

Don't get hung up on screen on time. It doesn't mean much anymore.

It's my best comparison when comparing different timelines of the same device as my usage and apps wouldn't have changed all that much. That's why I'm so disappointed since the last update as it knocked my screen time from an average 7hrs to an average 3.5hrs. Even if it's not the best comparison between devices any more.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
It's my best comparison when comparing different timelines of the same device as my usage and apps wouldn't have changed all that much. That's why I'm so disappointed since the last update as it knocked my screen time from an average 7hrs to an average 3.5hrs. Even if it's not the best comparison between devices any more.

Understood, and agreed. That's really the only metric we have available, because it used to be the deciding factor.

What's using our batteries more and more now is when the CPU runs at higher frequencies, and that's really hard to see over time. Waiting for a smart app dev to tap into the system (all the data is there in real time, so they would just need to track it) and find a way to show it to us.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Yes. A lot of people get hung up on screen on time or Android OS % as if it means anything. If you are reading a book with the screen dim, you'll get great screen on time. If you using Google maps for navigation in your car with screen on max brightness, while streaming music to your car with bluetooth, you'll get lousy screen on time. Similarly, if your phone is sitting on a shelf, not doing anything, Android OS % will be high. If you are actually doing stuff with your phone Android OS % will be lower.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
After listening to my week old s7e with some normal ear buds I finally could hear how bad this AT&T phone sounded. My aptx bt headphones sounded pretty good but after researching this a little further found that the headphones were smoothing things out a great deal which I didn't realize.

WoW...it's exactly what everyone else has been saying..so bad in fact I don't think I can honestly keep it.

Thanks Jerry for pointing this out..

Posted via the Android Central App

I continue to not understand why people post these notes telling complete strangers that they are leaving.

May 26, 2016
Visit site
nine fookin hours mate? screen on time? over wifi only? are you sure

need to see screenshot not because i don't believe you, because i'm jelly. which colour did you get

I have the Exynos and at first I had 4-5 hours of SoT but then I did a factory reset and now my average is 7-8 hours of SoT and at the first charge after the factory reset, I even got 9h of SoT, see by yourself

Screenshot_20160608-011526.jpg Screenshot_20160608-011537.jpg

But I agree with what is said, screen on time doesn't really mean much because the use is different between people and even for one person between days ! I managed to have 9h of SoT because I was reading fanfictions with a black background and watching Youtube videos which doesn't use much CPU. But when I went to a Marvel's exhibition, I was on the interactive app of the exhibition with high brightness, mobile data and bluetooth with a casque and my battery was draining because this app was using my CPU, like crazy !

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 229897

Nexus 6P while reading a long eBook.

That's why I usually compare it with the device uptime. It helps to understand how the phone is being used.

If the SOT is pretty close to the device uptime, then the device has been used for quite a while. If it is lower compared to the uptime, it is likely used in a light manner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21