Hey there, I have recently purchased the phone, it's the southasian dual sim variant. I did the update straight after I received the device. Soon afterwards when I started using the finger print scanner, it stopped working as efficiently as it was just as you set it up. It seems as if the device forgets my finger prints and does't easily recognize my finger pattern. I don't know why this is the case.

Usually after a restart or re calibrating the finger, the finger print works fine once more but after some use it seems to work poorly when it comes to the recognition of the finger pattern.

Is anyone else facing this issue? :/
    It's really bothering me. I emailed Samsung and they told me to do a factory reset but I am not too sure about it. :-

Also a small side question, is it normal for S7 edge to survive 4:30 to 5 hours of on screen time?
    06-13-2016 04:27 AM
    I'm with samsung. Do a factory reset. Yes 4:30-5 SOT is ok. After you do a factory reset then you might see an even better SOT. Is your phone lasting you the whole day? Then this is perfectly normal. Report back after the factory reset
    06-13-2016 05:02 AM
    I'm with samsung. Do a factory reset. Yes 4:30-5 SOT is ok. After you do a factory reset then you might see an even better SOT. Is your phone lasting you the whole day? Then this is perfectly normal. Report back after the factory reset
    Factory reset sorted fingerprint scanner for me before it was taking 3 or 4 goes to recognise now get it on every go

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-13-2016 05:42 AM
    Alright thanks, I guess I have no other choice but to go for the factory reset, sigh. Also, um, is there any way I can backup my apps on the PC and restore, using some free software. I did search some on the internet but, they were were paid services. :/

Update : Nevermind, I did the factory reset and installed the apps all over again. The finger print issue seems to have not been entirely resolved but I see some improvement. I don't know what to make of this...
    06-13-2016 06:30 AM
    Okay so just a little update and a bump on my issue to help people out in case if they're facing the issue themselves.

I resolved this by just wiping my finger on finger scan to clean it off from any finger print ( As the device really is a finger print magnet ) or dust particles and voila , it started working good as new.
    Never thought it was that sensitive.
    06-16-2016 06:17 PM