Verizon S7 Rooted!

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Root achieved on Verizon Galaxy S7 with Snapdragon 820! - GSMArena blog

Hopefully this is not fake. Check source thread on XDA..

Doesn't appear to be full root: OP on June 10th, appears to be real, but level of root as well as method of root wasn't disclosed. Bootloader is still locked. OP ends post with “No ETA yet..“ And then 17 pages of congrats, suspicions, a little bickering, and some wariness of a Samsung patch.

Source: World First Galaxy S7 Qualcomm Root (XDA)

Screenshot from OP:

S7root.png

I almost missed this post from the OP:

"1.)You will not get root with SRS root.
2.) You will not get root but running kingo or kingroot. PERIOD.

I have those apps installed because I needed a way to manage SU permissions. I'm able to make changes to system and they persist on boot....However this will never be 100% functional and stable enough without a custom kernel."

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't appear to be full root: OP on June 10th, appears to be real, but level of root as well as method of root wasn't disclosed. Bootloader is still locked. OP ends post with “No ETA yet..“ And then 17 pages of congrats, suspicions, a little bickering, and some wariness of a Samsung patch.

Please do not quote OP.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Because every reply to the thread is targeted at the OP. This is why we use quotes, to target replies to people and posts other than the OP.
Quoting is to ensure everybody is aware who you're responding to. Granted in this case the first reply may be somewhat obvious, but his reply has no guarantee that somebody else may have replied seconds before he did before he clicked submit. So a quote is reasonable. There's never an assumption that replies without a quote is always directed toward the OP.

In the future, if you feel somebody is breaching etiquette, or abusing features, please feel free to use the report button.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The locked bootloader that Verizon often has is usually the toughest nut to crack. I'm pulling for the dev, but my hopes aren't too high.