All,

I have two main problems with my S7 Edge. First, after five or so minutes recording on Facebook Live, my phone overheats. It gets a bit choppy, and eventually shuts off with a notice from the phone it needs to cool down, and it closes some apps. Second, the Outlook app is very slow or hangs sometimes ... taking 10 to 15 seconds sometimes to access an email, send an email, or up to a minute to switch to different folders.

Other than a few social media apps and a few game apps (as well as Samsung's GearVR app stuff, which also causes the phone to overheat), it is pretty stock.

Anyone having any of these issues, or know any fixes? I have uninstalled and reinstalled some apps to see if that would help (it didn't). Was thinking I might need a complete phone reset, or maybe my phone has bigger problems needing repair.

Thank you.
    06-16-2016 07:08 PM
    Is there a reason for using the Outlook app instead of the default email app? It being slow could be an issue with the app. Also, are you using wifi or mobile data?
    06-16-2016 09:18 PM
    Is there a reason for using the Outlook app instead of the default email app? It being slow could be an issue with the app. Also, are you using wifi or mobile data?
    Probably just preference, same reason I use Outlook for my work email instead of the built in app.

Outlook does not behave "poorly" for me, but I have seen the occasional hiccup when opening a large/long email thread or when switching from "Focused Inbox" to "Other".

I don't use Facebook Live so I can't comment on that specifically other than to say the premise of it seems very demanding. You're simultaneously using the display, camera, Facebook service, and network connection and not a "light use" manner. The closest I can come to that is Hangouts, which I KNOW historically can hit a phone hard when doing video calls.
    06-17-2016 09:00 AM
    like already said, when in live you are using and demanding allot of the phone, so it will heat.
    I do facebook lives from about 30-40 min and my S7 does get a bit warm but nothing to much...
    06-17-2016 10:16 AM
    I use Outlook due to syncing with my Office 365 stuff.

Yeah, my FB Live has all sorts of issues after just five minutes. I make sure to close all other apps, and I have everything battery optimized.

Is there anything I can do to see the health of the phone's processing? I am thinking the phone might actually be malfunctioning. I even noticed last night it seems to stutter a lot more than my previous phone (Droid Turbo).
    06-17-2016 11:05 AM
    Luis, does yours say when you pull down from the top it is in cool down? I just went through clearing the cache partition per Samsung's suggestion and was able to do about 30 minutes (let it sitting pointing at my TV), but when I touched it, it was pretty hot, and when I pulled down from the top it gave me the cool down notice.
    06-17-2016 08:57 PM